What's Hot

Comments

• Godamniittttt

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11523
    FarleyUK said:
    New beta released.

.....which breaks everything the previous beta fixed.

FFS, come on Kemper. Are you not testing these at all before releasing them?

Seems to have been removed again.  Just checked and the most recent is the 20th Jan version.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4218
    FarleyUK said:
    New beta released.

.....which breaks everything the previous beta fixed.

FFS, come on Kemper. Are you not testing these at all before releasing them?
    Kemper seem only to be any good at shooting themselves in the foot lately :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Question for those who update all the time, is there any reason to?

I rarely update mine, as I have the sounds I want out of it (granted, I'm mostly bedroom/ 'studio' use.  I'm not gigging.

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10389
    So after my 4th failed Kemper Stage I decided not to accept the fixed 4th one and have got a refund. 

Disappointed but I just don't trust the product. 
  • joeyowen said:

I rarely update mine, as I have the sounds I want out of it (granted, I'm mostly bedroom/ 'studio' use.  I'm not gigging.

My advice would be don’t update until they have ironed all the glitches out. I’m still on the last stable version (Don’t ask me what that is) and have no desire to update yet. I play out every weekend so I need it to be stable.
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited January 2020
    joeyowen said:

My advice would be don’t update until they have ironed all the glitches out. I’m still on the last stable version (Don’t ask me what that is) and have no desire to update yet. I play out every weekend so I need it to be stable.
    TBF we all know the latest releases which are giving problems are public beta versions that have been shared with us to help track down bugs. Anybody requiring a stable device shouldn't be anywhere near these.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Freebird said:
    joeyowen said:

TBF we all know the latest releases which are giving problems are public beta versions that have been shared with us to help track down bugs. Anybody requiring a stable device shouldn't be anywhere near these.

True, but public beta is the last stage.  It should already have been through quite extensive testing before reaching that stage.

Having said that, I wait for the official releases - and I normally give it a week or two after they are released just to be sure.

joeyowen said:

Depends what functionality is in the update.  I updated when they bought out the new reverbs and delays.

I will update to get the editing facilities once it's stable.

I'd also like to try the acoustic simulator and updated drive pedals, which are meant to be coming in future releases.
    edited January 2020
    crunchman said:
    Freebird said:
    True, but public beta is the last stage.  It should already have been through quite extensive testing before reaching that stage.

Having said that, I wait for the official releases - and I normally give it a week or two after they are released just to be sure.
    They also missed their predicted release date which resulted in a backlash from impatient customers, and it put them in a bit of a tricky situation.   
  • You kind of get the feeling there is no extensive testing going on, it seems they release updates to the public expecting them to test it in the field of battle and report any faults back. Then they correct them. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33984
    You kind of get the feeling there is no extensive testing going on, it seems they release updates to the public expecting them to test it in the field of battle and report any faults back. Then they correct them. 
    It seems like that, I stay 2-3 versions behind current because of this.
    It is very irritating.
  • It’s just a bit of a joke at the moment. Finally release the editor but it’s broken and you can’t even try the thing out unless you want to update to an OS release that breaks your Kemper.

They day that stuff is tested extensively by Beta testers before release, what on earth do they do? Did no one notice that performance editing is knackered and you can’t even type on values on each parameter? 
  • They should have a bloody process.

For major releases you need a full suite of functionality tests, and with software these need to be done cross platform. Then you release to a secret beta team, and then to the public as a beta. This process can take weeks to months.

For minor releases, a suite of smoke tests will do the job most of the time. Still cross platform though, and still released to a secret beta team, and then to public. This can sometimes take less than a week if you're sure of the areas where code changes could cause effects.

They can't be just blatting them out to public immediately after compile. That would be the stupidest thing they could do. But for so many regressions to pop up, someone somewhere is not doing their job properly. Probably unhappy in their role and got refused a pay-raise!

Bye!

They should have a bloody process.

For major releases you need a full suite of functionality tests, and with software these need to be done cross platform. Then you release to a secret beta team, and then to the public as a beta. This process can take weeks to months.

For minor releases, a suite of smoke tests will do the job most of the time. Still cross platform though, and still released to a secret beta team, and then to public. This can sometimes take less than a week if you're sure of the areas where code changes could cause effects.

They can't be just blatting them out to public immediately after compile. That would be the stupidest thing they could do. But for so many regressions to pop up, someone somewhere is not doing their job properly. Probably unhappy in their role and got refused a pay-raise!
    Send them your CV  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I wonder if they need to recruit some more people for the private beta testing.

If the users they have testing are long time users, they might install the new version, but carry on using the same profiles etc that they have been using for the last 5 years.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Freebird said:
    They should have a bloody process.

Send them your CV  ;)
    They advertised for a QA Manager a while back. But I don't want to live in Germany ;)

Bye!

• They advertised for a QA Manager a while back. But I don't want to live in Germany ;)
    Sounds like they still need one!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • I could do it, but tbh I'm moving into product management and product design these days.

Bye!

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2451
    New BETA firmware and RigManager is available....
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2451

Just updated to this version..... and the effect block lock function still does not work.

I loaded a performance slot in RM. Then, I navigated to a rig in my library and locked the DELAY and REVERB blocks. Went back to the performance slots, selected another performance slot and the DELAY and REVERB blocks were the ones on that slot, NOT the ones I locked from the rig.