The Kemper thread

What's Hot

Comments

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2451
    I'm annoyed they only sell non-powered versions. If they had powered versions, I'd have been all over it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11532
    Another OS update is up - went up on 19th March.
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.

• PJHPJH Frets: 25
    Anyone looking for a really tight Marshall Crunch profile?

I made this really tight Marshall Crunch Profile using an old Marshall Drivemaster pedal and my Marshall TSL602 amp.

It's available as a free download on my website (www.peterhanmer.co.za). The profile responds really nicely to the gain control on the Kemper. By adding a little gain the tone "sings" with a lot of sustain. I had forgotten just how good that Drivemaster pedal is. I also tried the profile out in a music store using a powered Kemper and a Marshall 2 X 12 speaker cab. The audio and video was recorded with a mobile phone.

• chris78chris78 Frets: 9616
    I've joined the Kemper club again with a second hand stage that arrived yesterday.
    Can anyone help with an easy way to delete the tones that the previous owner has added or is it the case of going through one by one and deleting on the unit?
    I ideally want to wipe all of the tones, including the factory, and just install the amps and performances that I want (when I had a Kemper before I got bogged down with too many rigs/performances and I don't want this to happen again).
    Sounds absolutely fantastic by the way.
    chris78 said:
    I've joined the Kemper club again with a second hand stage that arrived yesterday.
    Can anyone help with an easy way to delete the tones that the previous owner has added or is it the case of going through one by one and deleting on the unit?
    I ideally want to wipe all of the tones, including the factory, and just install the amps and performances that I want (when I had a Kemper before I got bogged down with too many rigs/performances and I don't want this to happen again).
    Sounds absolutely fantastic by the way.

Get the Rig Manager software from the Kemper website.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks @crunchman ;
    I've downloaded it but got to work it out. Is that going to let me basically get rid of all the toot on my Kemper and delete it?
    chris78 said:
    Thanks @crunchman ;
    I've downloaded it but got to work it out. Is that going to let me basically get rid of all the toot on my Kemper and delete it?

I'm pretty sure you will just be able to highlight them with the mouse, and delete them.

Depending on what's there, I'd drag anything currently on the Kemper into your local library.  If the previous owner does have paid for profiles from someone like Michael Britt, Top Jimi, or the Amp Factory, it would make sense to keep a copy.  You can keep a copy in your local library without having it on the profiler.

It's easy to audition profiles in Rig Manager as well.  You can audition them without loading them onto the Kemper.  If you like it then, from memory, it's a simple drag and drop to put it onto your Kemper.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Sounds good, thank you @crunchman ;

There are some Michael Britt & Top Jimi and I know they're highly regarded.

I have some Amp Factory from before and I'm planning to load limited numbers on to see how I get on with the tones. My tube amp is a Tone King Imperial and I've got the profiles of those so I'm hoping it'll get me very close. I've also got the tones from a Tone King Majesty, which is an amp I hugely regret selling so I'm planning to try both of these first and then expand as I go
    edited April 2020
    Can't you do a factory reset?
    @Freebird theyve got rid of the option I’ve read.
    The rig manager is a superb bit of software though. It didn’t exist when I tried a kemper before and it’s immediately made the whole thing make sense to me
    chris78 said:
    The rig manager is a superb bit of software though. It didn’t exist when I tried a kemper before and it’s immediately made the whole thing make sense to me
    Yeah, it’s a lot better than it used to be. Performance management is still flakey though, so be aware of that. 
    edited April 2020
    chris78 said:
    All preinstalled Rigs are available in Rig Manager under Rig Packs and Kemper Factory Content 7, so can't you just reinstall the firmware or reset it in the System menu and have a clean Kemper?
    Freebird said:
    chris78 said:
    All preinstalled Rigs are available in Rig Manager under Rig Packs and Kemper Factory Content 7, so can't you just reinstall the firmware or reset it in the System menu and have a clean Kemper?
    The rig manager did the job. I just selected the lot and deleted it.
    Ive put on a number of models from the amp factory and I’ve found some superb sounds. There’s a brownface vibrolux and the Dr Z Carmen Ghia are both wonderful and very different.
    The Tone King Imperial is close to my Imperial tube amp
  • kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1167
    edited May 2020
    So I'm back with a Kemper again after slumming it with an AX8 and a Helix for a while. Turned on the Kemper and all was good in the world again. Why did I ever leave?

One thing I have noticed this time round is that M Britts profiles are the dogs danglies.

In the past I've never really got on with his profiles as at lower volumes they sound a bit dull and lifeless. But turn them up loud and they literally come alive and sound amazing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 369
    So I'm back with a Kemper again after slumming it with an AX8 and a Helix for a while. Turned on the Kemper and all was good in the world again. Why did I ever leave?

One think I have noticed this time round is that M Britts profiles are the dogs danglies.

In the past I've never really got on with his profiles as at lower volumes they sound a bit dull and lifeless. But turn them up loud and they literally come alive and sound amazing.
    Have you tried the MBritt 2020 profiles yet? They are another level even compared to his older profiles. AX8 and Helix, that’s my story as well, borrowed a mates Kemper Stage for the weekend and blown away...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Still loving the Kemper after all these years, especially as they’ve just about sorted the rig manager issues and the OS seems stable. I have a DI box on the way this week so looking forward to making some DI profiles of my Carol-Ann. 
  • So I'm back with a Kemper again after slumming it with an AX8 and a Helix for a while. Turned on the Kemper and all was good in the world again. Why did I ever leave?

One think I have noticed this time round is that M Britts profiles are the dogs danglies.

Have you tried the MBritt 2020 profiles yet? They are another level even compared to his older profiles. AX8 and Helix, that’s my story as well, borrowed a mates Kemper Stage for the weekend and blown away...
    Yes, just purchased his 2020 pack, so looking forward to getting my teeth into them. At the moment I’m settled on a profile from his 3P CSR pack. I Just use one profile and can go from clean to full on saturation using my expression pedal.
    I still have yet to find any profiles that better the TopJimi Caswell ones, personally.

I've also been spending a fair amount of time with Helix Native - and it just makes me wish Kemper had a VST version that could be used. Helix is good, but Kemper is another level IMO.

Will be interesting if the Neural Quad Cortex can de-throne it later this year....