The Kemper thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3493
    edited May 2020
    ragingben said:
    I don't think I'm going to ever play a tube amp again!
    There's those famous last words we've all used! :-)
    So true! Happy Kemper day, they are amazing bits of kit. Killed GAS for me for years, but when it came back it came back hard!
    Spot on. Enjoy the new gear day, @Lestratcaster, I loved the Kemper.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1130
    ragingben said:
    So true! Happy Kemper day, they are amazing bits of kit. Killed GAS for me for years, but when it came back it came back hard!
    Thank you, I've saved up long and hard for it from probably 2016 so I like to feel I've earned it! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3726
    Still love mine 5 years down the line
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11532
    Just got the new Michael Britt 2020 pack.  I'm very impressed.

Definitely worth £20, which is what it is with the 40% off at the moment.
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited June 2020
    ragingben said:
    I keep on saying it, and my official position is why not have both? They certainly complement each, as do the different types of guitars we all own.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    Freebird said:
    ragingben said:
    I keep on saying it, and my official position is why not have both? They certainly complement each, as do the different types of guitars we all own.
    I still have my 6505+ head which I will profile but I will keep it and my DSL5 isn't a bad amp at all. 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2451
    I really, really wish I'd have kept my modded Marshall JS410H to profile. That thing was amazing! However, the house is too small so there's just no room for amps :(
    edited June 2020
    7.4.0 Public Beta released.

Main innovation of OS 7.4 is, that it introduces one integrated OS-file for all PROFILER models - classical models as well as Stage.

https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php?thread/49929-7-4-0-public-beta/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    For those of you who use the remote controller - what are you transporting it around in? I'm contemplating what to get to store and transport it around in, a bag or a case. If I was touring I'd definitely get the case in pedalboard format, but I'm not really playing in a band right now but will the bag provide enough padding for say, in the car and protection from the rain?
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3726
    I used a Stagg pedal case

A UPC-535 from memory.  Room for the Kemper Floor Controller (KFC) plus expression pedal.

edited June 2020
    Thomann do a case specifically designed for the remote but its £124. Not sure if I can justify getting it for mainly storage and short transporting trips. Plus its another case to carry alongside the one I am using for the actual unit. If I've learnt one thing from playing in bands its to try and travel light! Haha.
    Freebird said:
    7.4.0 Public Beta released.

Main innovation of OS 7.4 is, that it introduces one integrated OS-file for all PROFILER models - classical models as well as Stage.

https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php?thread/49929-7-4-0-public-beta/
    I noticed that this update has been deleted from the Kemper website.
  • Has anyone had any experience of using a valve amp with the Two Notes Captor X direct to DAW or PA? Is it any better/different to using the same profile on the Kemper? If the Kemper has every nuance and the feel covered then the TN way would seem overly complicated. I'm looking at either using a Kemper Stage or my favourite head with pedals and Captur X...
  • Has anyone had any experience of using a valve amp with the Two Notes Captor X direct to DAW or PA? Is it any better/different to using the same profile on the Kemper? If the Kemper has every nuance and the feel covered then the TN way would seem overly complicated. I'm looking at either using a Kemper Stage or my favourite head with pedals and Captur X...
    I can't see how adding a component to make your amp work without a cab could be complicated, tbh. And finding the correct can is a simple process, your amp will sound good with certain speakers. And finding that speaker is no more difficult to finding your favourite profile on the Kemper.

• kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1167
    edited June 2020
    Has anyone had any experience of using a valve amp with the Two Notes Captor X direct to DAW or PA? Is it any better/different to using the same profile on the Kemper? If the Kemper has every nuance and the feel covered then the TN way would seem overly complicated. I'm looking at either using a Kemper Stage or my favourite head with pedals and Captur X...
    I’ve got a Revv D20 amp which has a Two Notes embedded reactive load, so essentially identical to what you are asking. I’ve also owned a Kemper.

For me using the amp with the Two Notes direct out with their IR’s direct to my monitors, first and foremost feels great. Also the sound is another level up from the Kemper. There is something to be said for keeping the front end of the signal analogue and utilising the advantages of digital at the back end of the signal chain (mic’s and cab).

There is something magical in the mid range when using valve amps that no modeller has been able to capture, it’s that 3D effect. The Kemper is no exception. It’s always bugged me with all modelers not just Kemper, but with the amp and reactive load I don’t feel like I’m missing anything. It’s superb. Plus I really like the Two Notes IR’s, they sound great and are very tweakable. 

I’m also using my amp with a HX effects fed from the Two Notes direct out. So I can still get all my stereo effects. It sounds glorious.
    I’ve got a Revv D20 amp which has a Two Notes embedded reactive load, so essential identical to what you are asking. I’ve also owned a Kemper.

For me using the amp with the Two Notes direct out with their IR’s direct to my monitors, first and foremost feels great. Also the sound is another level up from the Kemper. There is something to be said for keeping the front end of the signal analogue and utilising the advantages of digital at the back end of the signal chain (mic’s and cab).

There is something magical in the mid range when using valve amps that no modeller has been able to capture, it’s that 3D effect. The Kemper is no exception. It’s always bugged me with all modelers not just Kemper, but with the amp and reactive load I don’t feel like I’m missing anything. It’s superb. Plus I really like the Two Notes IR’s, they sound great and are very tweakable. 

I’m also using my amp with a HX effects fed from the Two Notes direct out. So I can still get all my stereo effects. It sounds glorious.
    I agree that it feels great and sounds great. And you make some good points about the TN IR's. I love them.

I’ve got a Revv D20 amp which has a Two Notes embedded reactive load, so essential identical to what you are asking. I’ve also owned a Kemper.

Thanks, that’s a great insight.
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2385
    New Kemper beta now out with the acoustic sim, looking forward to trying that tomorrow :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2020
    PVO_Dave said:
    New Kemper beta now out with the acoustic sim, looking forward to trying that tomorrow
    Finally, but OS 7.5 Beta is not yet available on the Kemper website