The Kemper thread

What's Hot

Comments

• pedalopedalo Frets: 178
    edited June 2020
    I think HW’s a good guy and does loads of giveaways. I had an everything pack for free in my cart the other week after some good timing with checking me emails but then tried logging in and forgot my password for a couple of minutes, by which time all the 100% off codes had been used up. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11545
    pedalo said:
    Lol at the HW comments. I’m split between half being very appreciative of the hard work he puts in and the help he provides to the Kemper community whilst half cringing at his name and the overly expressive faces he pulls when playing. I think he’s a good guy though and does loads of giveaways. I had an everything pack for free in my cart the other week after some good timing with checking me emails but then tried logging in and forgot my password for a couple of minutes, by which time all the 100% off codes had been used up. So that is what I get for being mean about HW. 

I got a couple of packs when he was doing them for $5 the other week.  I do prefer the Michael Britt and Brian Carl ones to his.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9721
    crunchman said:
    pedalo said:
    Lol at the HW comments. I’m split between half being very appreciative of the hard work he puts in and the help he provides to the Kemper community whilst half cringing at his name and the overly expressive faces he pulls when playing. I think he’s a good guy though and does loads of giveaways. I had an everything pack for free in my cart the other week after some good timing with checking me emails but then tried logging in and forgot my password for a couple of minutes, by which time all the 100% off codes had been used up. So that is what I get for being mean about HW. 

I got a couple of packs when he was doing them for $5 the other week.  I do prefer the Michael Britt and Brian Carl ones to his.
    I had all of HWs when I had my Kemper... but the Brian Clare stuff is very special 
  • pedalopedalo Frets: 178
    Nice I’ve got some M Britt and HW stuff but never even heard about the Brian Clare packs. Will check them out. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11545
    pedalo said:
    Nice I’ve got some M Britt and HW stuff but never even heard about the Brian Clare packs. Will check them out. 
    It's Brian Carl not Brian Clare if you are Googling him.
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2385
    7.5 Beta is now available for download, it's just installing on mine now :) 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9721
    This is an interesting video and shows how good the Kemper can be;

https://youtu.be/gSf-oYXebUs
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2451

Pretty sure he didn't profile that amp and cab though - so it's bound to sound a lot different I'd have thought.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2451
    Just upgraded to 7.5 beta.... and it's overwritten one of my performances with another performance.

Kemper's response? 'You must have obviously saved it'. Er, no - pretty sure I'd know if I save it.

Losing faith in their software team TBH - it's pretty clear they're in over their heads when it comes to using the new RM with performances. Wish they'd make it open source.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    FarleyUK said:

Pretty sure he didn't profile that amp and cab though - so it's bound to sound a lot different I'd have thought.

On his insta, he is currently profiling it.

A series of stories showing how, and how many different mic positions he has tried
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited July 2020
    Anybody here doing Joe Strummer impersonations, if so what profiles are you using?
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PJHPJH Frets: 25
    Due to the fact that we cannot perform live in front of an audience at the moment we decided to do a live stream from my studio. We performed our CCR Tribute show and I also recorded the live tracks into Cakewalk. We setup four cameras (vocals, bass, guitar, drums) and filmed the performance. I used three of my profiles (clean, crunch and solo} with added effects such as tremolo, reverb and delay. I’m really happy with the results.

I edited the video and put the audio together. It was very successful and went down extremely well. I used the Kemper rack direct with a borrowed remote for guitars and the Line 6 Helix for bass.

This is our version of one of the tracks – Suzie Q

• I got an interesting email from Kemper today. 

Bye!

• duotoneduotone Frets: 1025
    I got an interesting email from Kemper today. 
    @WiresDreamDisasters ??
  • Can't say really, it's beta team stuff. But they're working on something pretty cool.

Bye!

• Cock tease.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
    edited July 2020
    Cock tease.
    I live to serve!

Bye!

Brits to the rescue!

Can't say really, it's beta team stuff. But they're working on something pretty cool.
    I hope them new drives are good!  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Freebird said:
    Can't say really, it's beta team stuff. But they're working on something pretty cool.
    I hope them new drives are good!  ;)

Bye!