The wide neck guitar criminal!

What's Hot

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Frets: 99
    edited April 2014
    this thread needs to die now - it is a pretty pathetic show from the forum tbh - a bunch of grown men taking potshots at a really easy target from behind their keyboards. certainly not the kind of thing I visit this place to see
    The artist formerly known as WeAre138 at MusicRadar
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    frankus said:
    I didnt ask you, did I?
    That, Frank, is needlessly, and unnecessarily confrontational on an 'open' forum. Not that I mind. Not that you give a fck. Which saddens me. 
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    If you google Phillips cleartone conversions you get 2 fretboard threads about him, one about raping a guitar from sevenstring.org and another which contains this

Hi Rycky,
    I am posting one off tomorrow that fetched just £192 in auction... quite disappointed with that as it was my best one so far and it looked the mutt's nuts and I hoped for around £300; but it was in profit so I learn then move on.

I am not a guitar builder but more of a master bodger really... grand master even!
    I make guitars for guys with big hands and fingers; or with smaller hands but wanting extra space for specific finger techniques etc.

Cheers,
    Mark............
    Phillips Cleartone Guitars

I'm done now. I've wasted way too much time on this guy. It was funny and shocking when his antics were first posted but I'd rather talk about guitars than waste more time talking about a 'grand master bodger'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MD said:
    I'm done now. I've wasted way too much time on this guy. It was funny and shocking when his antics were first posted but I'd rather talk about guitars than waste more time talking about a 'grand master bodger'.

Precisely my view at this point.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    I'm out of booze so going to bed. Poor planning. Tsk. 
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • LukeageLukeage Frets: 35
    With @Adam_MD and @randomhandclaps on this one... I miss the MR goodwill/vibe. 
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2952
    Ah, so this is where everyone goes to get a boost on their fret score!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kossofffankossofffan Frets: 556

And this lovely headstock.  Pure class. 

As someone else commented, this looks like Shane MacGowan's teeth. 

These photo's have set me up for the giggles all day, many thanks!
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11135
    tFB Trader
    Okay, I think enough electrons have been wasted on this thread. Something good is going to come out of it: @funstuie is sending me his Avon Les Paul copy for me to improve and 'mod' into something that will be sold for forum funds. I will limit my tools to those easily found by beginners, and try and create something that might conceivably be have been done by me in the late seventies. I was working as the tech in a guitar shop then, and regularly was called upon to 'hotrod' Columbus, Avon, Antoria etc etc. It usually started with a pair of  of 'Uncle Larry's' finest in the pickup compartments ... so this lucky beast will get one of my prototype 70s style distortion humbuckers in bridge duty ... and perhaps something of a PAF disposition in the neck.
    Anyway I will start a thread for it when it arrives and although it may take a while, as I will have to fit the work in around making pickups, you will get a look in over my shoulder so to speak, as I try to work out what I've gotten myself into!
    :)

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16960
    Okay, I think enough electrons have been wasted on this thread. Something good is going to come out of it: @funstuie is sending me his Avon Les Paul copy for me to improve and 'mod' into something that will be sold for forum funds. I will limit my tools to those easily found by beginners, and try and create something that might conceivably be have been done by me in the late seventies. I was working as the tech in a guitar shop then, and regularly was called upon to 'hotrod' Columbus, Avon, Antoria etc etc. It usually started with a pair of  of 'Uncle Larry's' finest in the pickup compartments ... so this lucky beast will get one of my prototype 70s style distortion humbuckers in bridge duty ... and perhaps something of a PAF disposition in the neck.
    Anyway I will start a thread for it when it arrives and although it may take a while, as I will have to fit the work in around making pickups, you will get a look in over my shoulder so to speak, as I try to work out what I've gotten myself into!

now that is an absolutely awesome idea 

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33965

Bravo.
    tFB Trader
    WezV said:

now that is an absolutely awesome idea 

I realise that technically I'm not a luthier ... though I've built plenty of guitars from scratch in the past. But  as a pickup winder or bobineuse to use a suitably impressive, french derived title, I do have the requisite skill set :-)

I rather like 'bobineuse' I may use that in future.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6936
    edited April 2014
    I love a happy ending...
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428

I realise that technically I'm not a luthier ... though I've built plenty of guitars from scratch in the past. But  as a pickup winder or bobineuse to use a suitably impressive, french derived title, I do have the requisite skill set :-)

Unless you've had a sex change, should really be bobineur   ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    ESchap said:

Quite right ... long time since french at school :)
    Mind you with all the belts and spinning gubbins on 'Gloria' my winding machine ... I do regularly risk accidental body modification!

• ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    ESchap said:

Quite right ... long time since french at school :)
    Mind you with all the belts and spinning gubbins on 'Gloria' my winding machine ... I do regularly risk accidental body modification!

Long-time since French at school for me too.  But depending on your proclivities, it's definitely useful to know the difference when attending a massage parlour ....  err ... a friend told me ... :-O

• streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1634
    Jim54 said:
    I'd like to know what the bejesus is going on here?  Could be the picture next to the definition of 'botch-job' in the dictionary.

And this lovely headstock.  Pure class. 

As someone else commented, this looks like Shane MacGowan's teeth. 

What's the excuse for this botch-jobed-ness?

Disgraceful work, and disgraceful attitude (I'm also going with Dunning Kruger), and a shame poor naive people are losing money (and probably the will to learn how to play guitar) to this delusional cowboy.
    Nurse, the screens!
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    TheGuitarWeasel;204683" said:

Do the decent thing and wedge a Tele pup in it :D
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Great thing to do @funstuie and @TheGuitarWeasel, but I quite agree, it 'has' to have the traditionally placed Tele pickup at the neck :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    You should make it a 5 string....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom