Buying a car

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28084
    Nice@southpawmark - but you’d probably regret swapping that it for a sensible MPV.
    ;)

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7137
    edited May 2019 tFB Trader
  • SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    TTony said:
    Nice@southpawmark - but you’d probably regret swapping that it for a sensible MPV.
    ;)

Thanks. I’ll probably end up regretting it, but i’ll gladly give it up for a quiet life. Mrs SouthpawMark has never liked it, so if it stops her constantly moaning about what a waste of money it was, and how often I have to take it to the petrol station, then I guess that can only be a good thing.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    joneve said:
    Wifey has ordered me to sell my car and get something more practical. I don’t think I’ve ever felt so depressed.

Want to buy it? 4.0 V8 and super economical. Honest. 
    It's probably Red, so Emp won't be interested. 

Can we see a pic?
    Actually it’s a very tasteful shade of grey, with black wheels. 

Here you go:

http://i65.tinypic.com/23ljuip.jpg

Bloody lovely
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1750
    So is that it? Has he or hasn't he, are we never going to find out?
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 888
    Low compression result on my cylinders today. Looks like I’ll defo need to start another ‘need a new car thread’......... Obviously for more guff and utter nonsense.
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2960
    ronnyb said:
    So is that it? Has he or hasn't he, are we never going to find out?
    We will never find out, but its been told that if you are driving down lonely welsh roads and you see a man with his thumb out, its probably Emp.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12534
    I saw a white 13 plate Veloster on the M25 this morning. My first thought was “I wonder if that’s Emp?”  My second was “blimey, that’s a fugly car”.  :)
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24728
    No.....  that’s not it!  I STILL don’t have a car!!  Woohoo!!
    I am getting quite used to the train and the 1 mile walk from the station to the office and the same at the end of the day.
    It’s good for me.

I’ve finalised my choice of car and colour.  It’s going to be a green (possibly orange) Veloster Sport.  I’m currently waiting for one to appear on the market a bit closer than Lincoln and a bit cheaper than 8 grand (the only green one currently for sale).

HOWEVER!....   fret not that this is over, because in the meantime, I’m going to buy a sub-£1500 banger to get me around until the right Veloster comes along.  I was thinking that if I’m going to get a temporary banger then I may as well get a convertible as the summer is allegedly on its way.  So... I’m not getting an MX5... UNLESS one of you can find me one that isn’t rusting to bits within 50 miles of Swansea!
    (because I can’t).

My plan now is to get one of a few little Peugeot 206 cc convertibles going locally for under £1500.  ...and before you all reach for the keyboard fighting to be the first to point out that they are French, in conflict with me previously declared boundaries, I know...  but it’s a temporary banger.  I’d never get one as a keeper.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    PS - they’re all diesel too  :3

boogieman said:
    I saw a white 13 plate Veloster on the M25 this morning. My first thought was “I wonder if that’s Emp?”  My second was “blimey, that’s a fugly car”.  :)
    Fuglier than a CRZ ?

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    I’ve had pizzas less circular than this thread..
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12534
    Emp_Fab said:
    boogieman said:
    Fuglier than a CRZ ?
    Yep! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12064
    Peugeot 206 cc convertible…

sorry…

LOL!

You are going to wish you bought a rusty MX-5

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    That reminds me, I need to get my hair cut. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11545
    Emp_Fab said:
    No.....  that’s not it!  I STILL don’t have a car!!  Woohoo!!
    I am getting quite used to the train and the 1 mile walk from the station to the office and the same at the end of the day.
    It’s good for me.

I’ve finalised my choice of car and colour.  It’s going to be a green (possibly orange) Veloster Sport.  I’m currently waiting for one to appear on the market a bit closer than Lincoln and a bit cheaper than 8 grand (the only green one currently for sale).

HOWEVER!....   fret not that this is over, because in the meantime, I’m going to buy a sub-£1500 banger to get me around until the right Veloster comes along.  I was thinking that if I’m going to get a temporary banger then I may as well get a convertible as the summer is allegedly on its way.  So... I’m not getting an MX5... UNLESS one of you can find me one that isn’t rusting to bits within 50 miles of Swansea!
    (because I can’t).

My plan now is to get one of a few little Peugeot 206 cc convertibles going locally for under £1500.  ...and before you all reach for the keyboard fighting to be the first to point out that they are French, in conflict with me previously declared boundaries, I know...  but it’s a temporary banger.  I’d never get one as a keeper.
    Anyone want to bet that it won't be a green or orange Veloster Sport?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28084

You are going to wish you bought a rusty MX-5

That is undoubtedly true.

But for all the piss-take opportunities, we”ll all be really glad that he buys a Peugeot ragtop
    :D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Why the holy f**k would I want to buy a rusty MX5 ?!!

Almost every one I’ve looked at the MOT history of, has had advisories or failures for corrosion!  Why exactly do you think a rust bucket MX5 is somehow a desirable acquisition?!!

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12064
    Just buy the car, any car.  One thing I (and we) learn from this is that you don't take advice from anyone so it is a waste of time anyway.

This is a lesson that need to be learn the hard way.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    “Emp’ll never go to heaven
    In a 206
    Cos a 206
    Wont get bought because he will procrastinate yet more and will end up suggesting he’s looking at tractors, dumper trucks, vans, Italian bubble cars and soviet era East German cars” *

* warning - may not scan as per original
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom