Buying a car

What's Hot

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31967
    celentium said:
    You need to come to terms with the fact that you are the core demographic for a Ford Focus.

It took me years to realise I was the core demographic for a Fender HRD.

Sometimes you try something and realise there's a reason it's what everyone else uses. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28007
    boogieman said:
    Ray, Ray.......your first mistake is thinking Emp thinks 
    boogie, boogie .... your mistake is thinking that there is "an" Emp.

There are many voices fighting for control within the EmpHead.    One day Mr Diesel wins.  Another day Mr Petrol is in control.  Then Mrs V8 edges ahead of Miss Tax so the next day Miss Tax gets up a bit earlier and takes control of his typing fingers.

You think that sounds ridiculous? 

Does anyone else have a better explanation for the last 34 pages, that stays within the rules of the forum??
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12515
    TTony said:
    boogieman said:
    Ray, Ray.......your first mistake is thinking Emp thinks 
    boogie, boogie .... your mistake is thinking that there is "an" Emp.

There are many voices fighting for control within the EmpHead.    One day Mr Diesel wins.  Another day Mr Petrol is in control.  Then Mrs V8 edges ahead of Miss Tax so the next day Miss Tax gets up a bit earlier and takes control of his typing fingers.

You think that sounds ridiculous? 

Does anyone else have a better explanation for the last 34 pages, that stays within the rules of the forum??
    Lol or wis?  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8601
    edited June 2019
    I've lost track a bit now Emp.

Are you looking for the runaround whilst thinking about the long term car or are you looking for the long term car now or looking for a pre runaround runaround while planning for the actual runaround, while planning for the long term car or are you giving us the runaround, because you don't know what runaround to get before the long term car or whether to get a car at all, or maybe a bike or just carry on getting the bus.

It's getting difficult to follow your train of thought. Are you still getting the train? Or just the bus? Maybe you could get a car, not a proper car, just a runaround, green, get a green car or catch a green bus. Or get a yellow train?
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2958
    Have you thought about a motorbike?

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24702
    I'm getting a car this weekend.  No.... really I am !!

Probably.

Hang on.... Mrs Fab has just read this and has said "You'd better get a ****ing car this weekend".

OK.... here's the plan....  Unless a yellow Veloster Sport automatic sppears in the next 24h, or a green one (I'm moving back towards yellow), or a white CR-Z GT with the optional Glow pack, I will be getting an automatic car.  It won't be black, it won't be a Vauxhall or a Renault, or a Jag, it won't be over 2.2L, it won't be an estate & it won't have a DSG box 

Apart from that, it could be anything.

It's unlikely to be my long term car though.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    20-1.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12054
    If it's not a long term car I'd pick the nearest Fiesta on AT and be done with it.

It's what people with sense do.  Why spent some more energy on a car that you are not going to keep.  With a silly colour combination that will be hard to sell, or an autobox when these days (you might not like it but its true), cars in this segment, people look for a manual.  Small car, first car, young drivers…they want a manual.

You would be shooting yourself in the foot getting a small auto in a bogey green in a brand and model that 9/10 people have never heard of.  

If you want to keep it long term, go nuts, but it's not, is it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4316
    Emp_Fab said:
    I'm getting a car this weekend.  No.... really I am !!

Probably.

Hang on.... Mrs Fab has just read this and has said "You'd better get a ****ing car this weekend".

OK.... here's the plan....  Unless a yellow Veloster Sport automatic sppears in the next 24h, or a green one (I'm moving back towards yellow), or a white CR-Z GT with the optional Glow pack, I will be getting an automatic car.  It won't be black, it won't be a Vauxhall or a Renault, or a Jag, it won't be over 2.2L, it won't be an estate & it won't have a DSG box 

Apart from that, it could be anything.

It's unlikely to be my long term car though.
    No you're not. You've already set yourself up to fail.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Electro_HamElectro_Ham Frets: 102
    Does anyone actually have their autoboxes serviced? Like fluid and filter changes? I've no idea how old a car you are getting Emp, but, it might be something to consider.
    Servicing a manual transmission is easy. Servicing an auto isn't so easy. 
  • celentiumcelentium Frets: 356
    Who cares about services and maintenance? The important thing is the colour damn it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    No it isn't !  It's a complex mesh of intertwined criteria designed to provide me with a high degree of satisfaction in my automotive purchase.

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27087
    Emp_Fab said:
    No it isn't !  It's a complex mesh of intertwined criteria designed to provide me with a high degree of satisfaction in my automotive purchase.
    You realise that you're approximately 25% of the way through the weekend, right? If you haven't bought a car yet, time's a-wastin'...
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'm laying down in bed at the mo.  Not feeling too grand.  My BP is a bit low. 105/65 and I'm a bit dizzy.

Besides, I haven't got any means to get anywhere right now.  Maybe tomorrow.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27087
    Emp_Fab said:
    I'm laying down in bed at the mo.  Not feeling too grand.  My BP is a bit low. 105/65 and I'm a bit dizzy.
    Fair enough, that's a decent excuse.
    Emp_Fab said:

Besides, I haven't got any means to get anywhere right now.  Maybe tomorrow.
    You know what'd fix that? :D
    <space for hire>
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Please don't try and buy a car from a small independent dealer on a Sunday again. Or at least don't moan when they can't help you.
    I thought we’ve already covered that Sunday isn’t a good day buying a car, being Sunday and all.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I thought we’ve already covered that Sunday isn’t a good day buying a car, being Sunday and all.
    We have but we've covered diesel a few times now and it still hasn't sunk in. 
    I thought we’ve already covered that Sunday isn’t a good day buying a car, 
    Perfect!  Emp will be out, failing to buy a car again.

Though, if he’s gone dizzy at the thought of it, what would happen if he ever got to sign on the dotted ...
    edited June 2019
    He constantly proves us right that he hasn’t learned a single thing we said for 3 months.  It’s the same mistakes from the beginning.  

The best thing he can do is buy a nail, waste a bit of money (on the grand scheme of things) and learn the lesson the hard way.

but then again he already experienced that Sunday is a bad day to look for cars...yet he still expect different results this time round.

i know he’s not well and all which sucks but Sunday is not a day to buy cars.

i don’t know!