Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7713
    u ok hun?
    Red ones are better. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12050
    TimmyO said:
    u ok hun?
    I’m fine, might go for a drive, how are you?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Raymond you've sounded hostile enough at EMP in your posts for about a month that I can only envisage EMP promised you a lift somewhere important and you are still stood in the rain waiting for him to arrive 3 months later.  

Just get an Uber man. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2019

Raymond you've sounded hostile enough at EMP in your posts for about a month that I can only envisage EMP promised you a lift somewhere important and you are still stood in the rain waiting for him to arrive 3 months later.  

Just get an Uber man. 
    I’ve tried calm.
    i’ve tried to explain.
    i’ve tried shame.
    i’ve tried suggestions.
    i’ve tried stories.
    i’ve tried humour.
    i’ve tried what you perceive as anger.

Pigeons learn quicker than he does.  (That’s a joke straight out of Friends btw)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8601

Raymond you've sounded hostile enough at EMP in your posts for about a month that I can only envisage EMP promised you a lift somewhere important and you are still stood in the rain waiting for him to arrive 3 months later.  

Just get an Uber man. 
    I’ve tried calm.
    i’ve tried to explain.
    i’ve tried shame.
    i’ve tried suggestions.
    i’ve tried stories.
    i’ve tried humour.

Pigeons learn quicker than he does.  (That’s a joke straight out of Friends btw)
    And breathe...

Don't expect anything this weekend, I doubt that EMP will wrap this up before hitting 50 pages...

Or maybe 75...

It might even hit the ton.  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4316
    I'm with Raymond here. This is tFB version of clickbait.  

I'm half hoping it blows up on the way home .  

Not really, but I do want this to be over. And for that to happen @Emp_Fab needs to have a word with himself.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    I have total faith that today is the day. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2112
    best.thread.ever.
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8601
    Of course, this thread could be a deviously contrived exercise in market research.

Emp has bought all the cars mentioned and will soon be trading under the name Fabulous Quality Motors.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27082
    Christ on a bike, you lot are a bunch of miserable gits. After all these years, have none of you realised that Emp rarely does anything without at least a bit of self-deprecating humour?

Lighten up a bit!
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • HerrMetalHerrMetal Frets: 548
    Christ hasn't bought a car yet either???
    Christ on a bike, you lot are a bunch of miserable gits. After all these years, have none of you realised that Emp rarely does anything without at least a bit of self-deprecating humour?

Lighten up a bit!
    I think with all these walking Emp is getting lighter in the weight department.   ;)

Like that?
    edited July 2019
    HerrMetal said:
    Christ hasn't bought a car yet either???
    Christ bought one long ago.

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11517

Just get an Uber man. 
    I’ve tried calm.
    i’ve tried to explain.
    i’ve tried shame.
    i’ve tried suggestions.
    i’ve tried stories.
    i’ve tried humour.

Not sure if this place is the right demographic for friends references.
    crunchman said:

Just get an Uber man. 
    I’ve tried calm.
    i’ve tried to explain.
    i’ve tried shame.
    i’ve tried suggestions.
    i’ve tried stories.
    i’ve tried humour.

Not sure if this place is the right demographic for friends references.
    I’m trying for the irony too, it’s like 2 birds 1 stone.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24649
    @TTony Hmmmm....  there is more wisdom in your words than I care to admit.

Well....  I got my mate (yes, I do have one!) to come over and give me a lift to the garage in his rather lovely V8 300BHP Jag XJ.  On the way there I enquired as to the meaning of a switch marked 'S' next to the transmission selector.  He said it was "Slurp Mode" :lol:   Lovely car, but I don't think I could tolerate the fuel consumption !

Anyhoo....  up we went.  I had a good look around underneath - all good, no rust.  Then we opened the doors and recoiled at the stench of stale fags.  My mate said it stunk like a '70s betting shop.  I pretty much knew at that point that there was no way I was getting it as you will never get rid of the odour of cigarette smoke.  However, I took it for a test drive as I was curious what a Merc was like.  A handbrake operated by a footpedal ??!!!  Weird !  Anyway, the steering was way too heavy, and the performance lacklustre.  Both mirrors were buggered too.  One wouldn't move and the other looked like it had been baked in treacle.

I had a quick look at the Avensis again and decided it's just too big for what I want (as well as being about a grand overpriced).

There was nothing else on the forecourt that jumped out at me, so.....  I'm back to square one again.

I have a few days breathing space now though as I'm working away Tues, Wed & Thurs and don't need my own car for that.

Back to the search......

What I really need is something like an i30 - something I can easily sell on when my yellow three-wheeled amphibian sports convertible pops up on AutoTrader.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    Just buy the Volvo. It was on your shortlist and you only ruled it out because of some bizarre idea that it looked like a paedophile's car.

Weren't you looking at a slightly different model earlier anyway?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5595
    If you need 'something like an i30' then just get an i30! Easy!
    DiscoStu said:
    If you need 'something like an i30' then just get an i30! Easy!
    But he just said he sees @TTony 's point on getting something interesting when referring to the Merc...then goes on to back to the i30 !!!

Walking contradiction and walking is all he will do... lol

ICBM said:
    Just buy the Volvo. It was on your shortlist and you only ruled it out because of some bizarre idea that it looked like a paedophile's car.

Weren't you looking at a slightly different model earlier anyway?
    He likes the V40, but the Diesel one he was looking at is in the higher emission band so he rejected the car for that reason.  A week or so later he said he doesn't care about emission, but then not looked at the V40 again.

Honestly I have better memory than he does in his car search.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom