Buying a car

What's Hot

Comments

• celentiumcelentium Frets: 356
    "What I really need is something like an i30"

Or you know, the obvious option that would be even easier to sell....

Or the other obvious option if you prefer something a little more upmarket and also easy to source and sell....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8601
    Special segment on Top Gear tonight: 

Welsh Star In a Reasonably Priced Green Unicorn Car.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27971
    Kilgore said:
    Special segment on Top Gear tonight: 

Welsh Star In a Reasonably Priced Green Unicorn Car.
    They've had to postpone that episode.

Indefinitely.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24677
    celentium said:
    "What I really need is something like an i30"

Or you know, the obvious option that would be even easier to sell....

Or the other obvious option if you prefer something a little more upmarket and also easy to source and sell....
    Don't keep me in suspense!  What are these wonder-vehicles you speak of that can sate my automotive ambivalence ?
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • celentiumcelentium Frets: 356
    They've been mentioned plenty of times already, you see them everyday and they are pretty much the best selling cars in the UK.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16380
    83 posts since I looked this morning and still no car. Is it possible for the modmins to have a system that notifies us all by PM when Emp has bought one? 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12052
    83 posts since I looked this morning and still no car. Is it possible for the modmins to have a system that notifies us all by PM when Emp has bought one? 
    Does a mobility scooter count?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    edited July 2019
    We can only do so much. 

Though we are considering a similar system for the classifieds where it takes about 3 months to get a post approved and we only allow it to continue if either the seller hasn’t decided if they really want to sell or if the buyer hasn’t decided either...
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8601
    Don't worry, you won't miss it. It'll be an official Bank Holiday. There'll be commemorative mugs, tea towels, etc. The Royal Mint will issue a special coin.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Kilgore said:
    Don't worry, you won't miss it. It'll be an official Bank Holiday. There'll be commemorative mugs, tea towels, etc. The Royal Mint will issue a special coin.
    I’ve still got a draft PM saved for the day the laminate flooring is done..
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6936
    I’m not arsed about what car Emp gets anymore; I’m only checking the updates to keep an eye Raymond’s meltdown.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    Iamnobody said:
    I’m not arsed about what car Emp gets anymore; I’m only checking the updates to keep an eye Raymond’s meltdown.
    I went for a drive today so I’ve recovered.
    Iamnobody said:

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11519
    18:55 - car dealers presumably closed for the day.  Still no word of a car!
    Iamnobody said:

In before the “you need to lighten up”! 

Lol
    Iamnobody said:

Lol
    Yeah.. but.. um... that was a meme about your meltdown..
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2508
    Just buy a 2014 Kia Ceed in either petrol or diesel in "2" trim, and enjoy 2 years of warranty. 

Or get a 2012 VW Golf in "Match" trim. It'll probably lose less in the next 2 years but you won't get a warranty. That wouldn't bother me (we ran a Mk5 Golf to 80,000 miles/10 years old with no issues, gave it to a friend who needed a car 2 years ago, and it's still going well with no issues).

Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24677
    Iamnobody said:

You know that's as insulting as saying "Just buy A fucking guitar" don't you ?

Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    edited July 2019
    Iamnobody said:

Lol
    Yeah.. but.. um... that was a meme about your meltdown..
    Ha, I have to confess that the frustration has turned into brilliant entertainment at the inept incompetence in carrying out one of life’s simple tasks at 55 years of age.  The longer he fails to get a car the more laughs I get.
    edited July 2019
    Emp_Fab said:
    Iamnobody said:

You know that's as insulting as saying "Just buy A fucking guitar" don't you ?

Except you changed the criteria to “a temporary car” and “I must get any car”

memory problems again I see.  Honestly you have terrible memory.