PHOTO COMPETITION — COMMENTS THREAD

What's Hot

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    Cracking shot @Jimbro66. I like the washed out tone and the textures. Very nicely composed too. 

I WILL get another entry in one of these days, just got so much going on at the moment that I always remember far too late.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogieman said:
    Cracking shot @Jimbro66. I like the washed out tone and the textures. Very nicely composed too. 

I WILL get another entry in one of these days, just got so much going on at the moment that I always remember far too late.  

I'll try and remember to PM you when the November comp starts :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    boogieman said:

I'll try and remember to PM you when the November comp starts :)
    Thanks. Life has been pretty chaotic lately, first the seller of the we house we’d almost completed on just pulled out last minute, so we’ve had an almighty rush to find somewhere else. Then our second grandchild was born yesterday and we’ve been helping out his mum and dad wherever we can over the last few weeks. 
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    Really difficult to decide on a top three this month as they all address the comp subject so very well. Is there any chance of having twelve votes instead of three and then making them all No 1? Just this once? Huh?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66 said:
    Really difficult to decide on a top three this month as they all address the comp subject so very well. Is there any chance of having twelve votes instead of three and then making them all No 1? Just this once? Huh?
    I wonder about that every month :lol:

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• That was properly difficult this month.  I reckon I could genuinely have stuck a pin in three random photos and been happy with the choice.  But I came back to what Raymond said about 'makes you hungry', so soup, burger and crumpets won out.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

What a difficult month for voting. Every entry nailed it.

I ended up choosing @Fretwired because that meal looked mouth-wateringly good, @beed84 who clearly has a very healthy appetite and @westford for nice presentation of good food.

The rest of you made choosing very hard so well done.

A particular mention for @RaymondLin’s burger shot which is exquisitely presented, lit and photgraphed but, being a bit of a Jack Spratt, I found the strip of fat on the bacon rather spoiled my appetite. Daft I know.
  • Winner has just been announced in the competition thread :)

• New competition thread is up - thought I'd give you a couple of days to think about it :)

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27108
    You guys know I live in the desert, right? :P 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    Then you’ll enjoy the challenge  ;)
    beed84 said:
    Then you’ll enjoy the challenge  ;)
    Ha! Cheeky bastard...
    edited October 2020
    Hmmm. That is a challenge Parasols instead of brollies perhaps? Perhaps we could send you some rain? we have more than enough.

Edit: How about a sandstorm? Reflections on an oasis? Oil spillage?
    I think I may be dipping into the back catalogue, but we’ll see what the month brings
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2100
    I’m off to the Isle of Skye tomorrow. There’s an outside chance it may rain!
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    Budgie said:
    I’m off to the Isle of Skye tomorrow. There’s an outside chance it may rain!
    Maybe a gentle breeze as well
    Sod’s law. Lots of rain in October but as soon as this month’s comp subject is set we get an Indian summer.

Anyway, @Fretwired has got the comp off to a brilliant start with a cracking shot. It sets the bar high.

So can anyone do a rain dance?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66 said:
    Sod’s law. Lots of rain in October but as soon as this month’s comp subject is set we get an Indian summer.

Anyway, @Fretwired has got the comp off to a brilliant start with a cracking shot. It sets the bar high.

So can anyone do a rain dance?
    I started going through all my old photos this weekend trying to find something rain-related! Managed a shot this morning though that I’m very happy with :)

For this months competition I had in mind a couple of ideas. Both were thwarted when the government announced a new lockdown. Plan C it is then.........
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3014
    Completely new to taking pics and only on my smartphone, so nothing fancy!  I've been travelling Europe since July and have got better at snapping, but seeing the quality of pics on here, I've got a long way to go!  My November entry is intriguing because there are no leaves on the trees, but no leaves on the ground either!  There is a reason for it.....