General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    Sporky said:
    Skyrim did have a more generic setting and story than Morrowind, but I liked that you could genuinely refuse to play it as intended.

My last go I dressed as a chef, and had a toy wooden sword and a toy bow. I slaughtered both sides in the war, and refused to have anything to do with dragons.
    If only they had a pressure washer as a weapon...

Last word on Starfield - I think if it came out when Skyrim came out it would be considered a classic.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • i have played some starfield but wasn't too enamored with it i have to admit. more like loading screen/fast travel simulator.

i will give it another go in the future after they add mod support hopefully to xbox version. 
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    edited September 2023
    Sporky said:
    Skyrim did have a more generic setting and story than Morrowind, but I liked that you could genuinely refuse to play it as intended.

My last go I dressed as a chef, and had a toy wooden sword and a toy bow. I slaughtered both sides in the war, and refused to have anything to do with dragons.

Last word on Starfield - I think if it came out when Skyrim came out it would be considered a classic.
    I think that's very much it, it is an idea and design very much of Skyrim era, it began development before games like Breath of the Wild and Elden Ring came out.  Those 2 games really push the expectations of what exploration is in a computer game.

Also a lot of the PR stuff about space exploring was overblown, as a lot of it isn't designed but computer-generated.  They set a level of expectations that is in the wrong direction of what the game actually is.  It's less of a space exploration game but a Fallout game.   
    Sporky said:

I think that's very much it, it is an idea and design very much of Skyrim era, it began development before games like Breath of the Wild and Elden Ring came out.  Those 2 games really push the expectations of what exploration is in a computer game.

Also a lot of the PR stuff about space exploring was overblown, as a lot of it isn't designed but computer-generated.  They set a level of expectations that is in the wrong direction of what the game actually is.  It's less of a space exploration game but a Fallout game.   
    Yea. I was thinking about how Zelda and Elden Ring have really pushed that whole genre forward. How you can play the game the way you want to from beginning to end.

I have some annual leave next week. I got 3 months free Gamepass with the ROG Ally I bought (and then returned) and it just renewed, so I will spend some more time with it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30131
    I was very tempted in Starrim to put on a biohazard suit, and carry whatever laser gun looked most pressure-washy. Maybe next play through...

I don't disagree with those who've said it's more or less a reskinned Fallout, it's just that that hasn't spoiled my enjoyment of it. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Really looking forward to this.. original was one of my fave games.. that and Burn Cycle were 2 very good reasons to own a CDi

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18304
    tFB Trader
    Sporky said:
    I was very tempted in Starrim to put on a biohazard suit, and carry whatever laser gun looked most pressure-washy. Maybe next play through...

I don't disagree with those who've said it's more or less a reskinned Fallout, it's just that that hasn't spoiled my enjoyment of it. 

Fallout Junk Gun is hilarious
    I liked the poison dart gun in Fallout 3.

Though it did make Deathclaws a bit easy. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18304
    tFB Trader
    Anyone playing:
    Shotgun King: The Final Checkmate

Shotguns improve chess a great deal.
    Anyone playing:
    Shotgun King: The Final Checkmate

Shotguns improve chess a great deal.
    It's a better solution than sticking WiFi anal beads up your arse. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Or... Is it? 
    It didn't help Nigel Short. 
    Kasperov just had more beads. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    edited September 2023
    From the PS/Nintendo streams...

- F-Zero 99 is nuts. I am not very good at it. I hope this is prep for a big new 3D one coming with the new console at launch...?
    - Tomb Raider 1/2/3 remasters is great news. I've never played them beyond the odd 10 minutes at friends houses back in the day. 
    - Mario vs Donkey Kong looks fun
    - Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door is fab - I've somehow never played it and it's the one in the series everyone particularly raves about. I can't wait :) 
    - Baby Steps looks odd and an utterly strange way to kick off a video like this
    - Spiderman 2 looks ace, as expected. Apparently runs at 30,40,60 FPS all with RT, presumably with 4k/1440/1080 resolutions. Still one of the first major PS5-only games, right? AFTER 3 FRICKIN YEARS! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    edited September 2023
    Baby Steps reminds me of QWOP.
  • PennPenn Frets: 760
    Really looking forward to this.. original was one of my fave games.. that and Burn Cycle were 2 very good reasons to own a CDi

That will be cool. I remember playing that game when it came out. It was a pretty creepy game. 
  • i think the goty for me would be zelda totk (and i have barely played it i have to admit) closely followed by baldur's gate 3 (and barely played that also) but i can see for myself how great they both are from the short time i have played them both.  
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• I'm expecting mine to be Forza Motorsport. I'll be disappointed if it isn't.