General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 30130
    That looks pretty good actually, wouldn't look out of place in Firefly.
    Thank you. I am quite pleased with it. Lots of space for crew and passengers, very nippy with the four engines, and the four particle beams go straight through most other ships.

Took some tweaking to get the ladders in the right places. 

Oh and it only has two legs on the other side. Shame to eat a pig like that all at once. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks really cool @Sporky !

I agree - game feels dated a bit but I still enjoy it. I'm not glued and obsessed with it like I imagined but some missions are pretty cool and there's a LOT to explore.
    I don't disagree with the criticism, but I'm still really enjoying it - it is almost exactly what I expected. Fallrim in space.
  • Pah to all the new modern rubbish :astonished:  I have finally did the workbench hack on the amiga mini... ain't she pretty. 

• maraudermarauder Frets: 145
    Almost as pretty as the real thing.

• marauder said:
    Almost as pretty as the real thing.

Nice,  I have a real Atari ST and CBM 128 but my Amiga was sold for parts a while back when it went bang.
  • My (rarely used) Switch has succumbed to the dreaded joycon drifting. Are there any worthwhile aftermarket options that charge the same way as Nintendo’s ones, or should I just get another set of ‘proper’ ones?
  • My (rarely used) Switch has succumbed to the dreaded joycon drifting. Are there any worthwhile aftermarket options that charge the same way as Nintendo’s ones, or should I just get another set of ‘proper’ ones?
    Have you opened a support ticket with Nintendo? You might find you're eligible for repair/replacement. 
    I finished Everspace 2 (not 100%, there's lots still to do). Well worth a go; the story us cheesy but the flying around shooting things is very decent.

Tried Lies Of P, but it's every bit the souls-like-punishment-fest I expected. No fun for me. Then Signalis which was ugly and boring.

Now on Cocoon which is rather good; by the Limbo/Inside people but completely different. Hint of Hobb to it. 
  • have been playing the new forza game and been enjoying it a lot i have to say. yes there are issues though with the game the biggest by far is having to level your car up to get upgrades for it. hopefully turn 10 will remedy that issue as everyone who has played the game is complaining about it. 
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 198
    have been playing the new forza game and been enjoying it a lot i have to say. yes there are issues though with the game the biggest by far is having to level your car up to get upgrades for it. hopefully turn 10 will remedy that issue as everyone who has played the game is complaining about it. 

Is it free on Game Pass? All I could see was a paid extras pack
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3096
    I need a game recommendation.   

I’ve got a PS4….  I like COD but feel I’ve taken it as far as I can, and I like Fifa but always end up spending waaay too much time on it. 

I loved Fallout 4 but avoided the follow up due to terrible reviews.   I was recommended both Red Or Dead games and didn’t really like them…. Same goes for No Mans Sky.  

So with all that in mind, what am I missing out on?
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    RobDavies said:

I’ve got a PS4….  I like COD but feel I’ve taken it as far as I can, and I like Fifa but always end up spending waaay too much time on it. 

I loved Fallout 4 but avoided the follow up due to terrible reviews.   I was recommended both Red Or Dead games and didn’t really like them…. Same goes for No Mans Sky.  

Skyrim and Spider-Man - if you don’t enjoy either of those you’re dead inside.  
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rkphilpot said:
    have been playing the new forza game and been enjoying it a lot i have to say. yes there are issues though with the game the biggest by far is having to level your car up to get upgrades for it. hopefully turn 10 will remedy that issue as everyone who has played the game is complaining about it. 

Is it free on Game Pass? All I could see was a paid extras pack
    the standard version will be free on gamepass on tuesday onwards. i bought the ultimate edition version which lets you play it 5 days early. 
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sporky said:
    I finished Everspace 2 (not 100%, there's lots still to do). Well worth a go; the story us cheesy but the flying around shooting things is very decent.

Tried Lies Of P, but it's every bit the souls-like-punishment-fest I expected. No fun for me. Then Signalis which was ugly and boring.

Now on Cocoon which is rather good; by the Limbo/Inside people but completely different. Hint of Hobb to it. 
    This looks awesome. Will get on it :) 
    Have you opened a support ticket with Nintendo? You might find you're eligible for repair/replacement. 
    I’ve not, but it’s one of the very first batch (2017) so should be well outside of support by now I’d have thought???
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3096
    edited October 2023
    RobDavies said:

Just ordered Skyrim.   If I don’t like it, you owe me nine quid.  

I couldn’t possibly entertain Spider-Man because I’m 52.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2023
    Sporky said:

This looks awesome. Will get on it  
    Lovely art style, and the puzzle mechanics are good too. 
    RobDavies said:
    RobDavies said:

You should - it’s ace!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18304
    tFB Trader
    RobDavies said:
    RobDavies said:

Uncharted

4 or the PS3 trilogy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom