General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2494
    I've just signed up to Nintendo online with the expansion pack. The library of retro games is great and really good value for money IMHO. I'm currently playing F-Zero X and Fire Emblem and having a lot of fun.

@racefaceec90 I agree. The early GTs are much more enjoyable than the latest instalments. I sold all my retro consoles last year but wouldn't mind getting a PS2 again to finish GT2 once and for all (I still have the save on a memory card somewhere).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • marauder said:
    what is the best way of playing gran turismo 2,3 and 4 nowadays?

i have the games but my ps2 slim has the dreaded laser problem with gt4.

tbh since playing gt7 i have wanted to go back and play the above as they are just a lot more fun to play. 

i know there are emulators for them but i did try one and couldn't get it to run unfortunately (being a numpty).

ta
    Fat PS2, a 1tb hard drive and a ps2 memory card with freemcboot on it.

The what-now???
  • beed84 said:
    I've just signed up to Nintendo online with the expansion pack. The library of retro games is great and really good value for money IMHO. I'm currently playing F-Zero X and Fire Emblem and having a lot of fun.

@racefaceec90 I agree. The early GTs are much more enjoyable than the latest instalments. I sold all my retro consoles last year but wouldn't mind getting a PS2 again to finish GT2 once and for all (I still have the save on a memory card somewhere).
    I thought I would struggle with N64 stuff without N64 controller (no way I'm spending stupid amount on the switch n64 controller) but it's okay, we don't even bother setting the real N64 up now when it's Mario Party time..

I'm playing Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga on the GBA section,  never played it before it's quite decent.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2494
    ^The controller thing didn't even cross my mind until you mentioned it. I suppose it would be nice to have for the full experience but at £40 a pop you might as well stick with the joy cons. The only controller I would get is a GameCube one for Smash Bros. I've tried playing it without and I'm all over the place. 

Yeah, there's a few GB and GBA titles I wouldn't go out of my way to buy but happy to try since they're there. Overall, I don't think you can go wrong for £35. It's worth it just for the Zeldas alone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    The Pro controller is a must have for me. The joy cons are just too fiddly and flimsy for me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • The Pro controller is a must have for me. The joy cons are just too fiddly and flimsy for me. 
    I have this, much prefer it to Nintendo’s Pro Controller, I really rate 8BitDo stuff.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0B9BDMWWN?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
  • Thought I'd check Mario Wonder this morning and ended up doing one and a bit world's making sure I get every seed and purple coin before I move one..

I like it.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    Mario Wonder and Spidey2 both out today. 

I'm leaning towards Mario simply because that's less likely to get any sort of price drop in the next 12 months. Reviews suggest it's the best 2D Mario since World, which is high praise.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Mario Wonder and Spidey2 both out today. 

I'm leaning towards Mario simply because that's less likely to get any sort of price drop in the next 12 months. Reviews suggest it's the best 2D Mario since World, which is high praise.
    it is impressive, plays in a modern yet classic kind of way..

when I got Zelda TotK I got some credit cheaper on CDKeys which I then used to buy the 84 quid for 2 Nintendo games voucher, My calculation I reckon I managed to get TotK and Wonder for 75 quid.
    Mario Wonder and Spidey2 both out today. 

it is impressive, plays in a modern yet classic kind of way..

when I got Zelda TotK I got some credit cheaper on CDKeys which I then used to buy the 84 quid for 2 Nintendo games voucher, My calculation I reckon I managed to get TotK and Wonder for 75 quid.
    Nice, that sounds right up my street. I still love 3D World and Land, even though the wider community still seems to prefer Odyssey. 

And thanks for the reminder on the 2 game voucher - i'd forgotten they did those! 
  • LeisceoirLeisceoir Frets: 168
    Adaptation of the Fallout series has been announced for Amazon Prime. Fallout 3 & New Vegas are two of my favourite games, I hope they get the kitsch humour and 50s look. Can't see it being as good as The Last of Us, but hope it'll be a decent show. 

My trading feedback thread
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Didn’t that get announced two yrs or so ago?? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LeisceoirLeisceoir Frets: 168
    Did it? First I heard about it was yesterday. 
    My trading feedback thread
  • Didn’t that get announced two yrs or so ago?? 

I was sure that I heard or may have even read something about this a few years ago,though it might not have been though official sources, I know quite a lot of people who make content for Netflix, Prime and other streaming sites I've even been cast as an extra in a number of their projects - there are benefits to looking like a neanderthal who only learned to stop walking with the aid of their knuckles that morning though why I was cast as an Indian gangster I'll never understand but at least I got to say 4 words.

What do people think of the new Assassins Creed Mirage?  I can buy it right now brand new in stores for under £40 - £39 to be exact, I've heard the map is very small compared to previous games in the series, do people think it's worth the £40, or should I wait until after Christmas where It'll no doubt be available for around £20?
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    edited October 2023
    I don't hold out much hope. Most of the Prime Originals stuff is medicore. 
  • RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 198
    You're probably aware of the reviews of Mirage, lots of people saying that it has gone back to basics, which was needed as Valhalla, whilst being awesome, was huge, suffered with option paralysis and wasn't so much of a sneak and assassinate game.

Personally I'm waiting till it becomes available for cheaper next year.
    Saying that, I feel like I got Valhalla free with Ubisoft and Xbox live. Not sure if Ubisoft games are still free on game pass though? 
    I'm looking forward to Mirage but in no hurry as it'll be £20 inside a year or so. 

Mario Wonder is going to keep me very happy - it's just a big bundle of joy compared to all the big serious AAA stuff these days. Feels like the Mario team enjoyed Rayman Legends a great deal. 

• SporkySporky Frets: 30130
    I enjoyed Valhalla, but it was more of a tank game. Finesse optional. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7680
    edited October 2023
    What's the name of that handheld thing you can play emulators on please? 
    Not the steamdeck, it looked like maybe a cheaper thing.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18304
    tFB Trader
    DefaultM said:
    What's the name of that handheld thing you can play emulators on please? 
    Not the steamdeck, it looked like maybe a cheaper thing.

There are loads of them.

Ambernic make a bunch of decent ones.