General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    I have one but never bothered with all the faff...I don't mind paying Nintendo for good games.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8475
    I have one but never bothered with all the faff...I don't mind paying Nintendo for good games.
    I applaud you sir!

I love my Switch. I’m currently playing Zelda Breath of the Wild. It’s a beautiful game.  I can’t bring myself to play the new Zelda until I’ve completed this one. 

I’ve yet to see a crash bug, frame rate drop, or glitch, it’s beautiful finished and QA’d game, and a staggering achievement considering the Switch’s underwhelming hardware. 

I always appreciate the amount of time and energy Nintendo pour into their games. They just have a quality that Western publishers can’t even get close to.  Worth every penny, and it’s clear to see why Nintendo games hold their price so well on the used market. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2648
    edited October 2023 tFB Trader
    Talk of MGS. It seems they are doing a remake of Snake Eater with Unreal Engine 5...  Whooaaa

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    Surely you'd expect a lot of bugs in a Spider-Man game?

Rabs said:
    Talk of MGS. It seems they are doing a remake of Snake Eater with Unreal Engine 5...  Whooaaa

I think they're doing the whole trilogy? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2494
    I haven't played the reissue but I'm aware MGS1 is a very faithful translation of the original, down to PS1 era graphics presented in glorious 4:3 aspect ratio. It's odd that they didn't include the Twin Snakes version as well as that's honestly miles better. 

But I wonder if they will actually do a full FF7 style remake at some point
    The only reason I can think they didn't include it is because Twin Snakes was a Nintendo release only. As the collection is coming out on all platforms, maybe they wouldn't allow them to have it? I could be completely wrong though.

DefaultM said:
    This is why I'm looking at these retro devices and I got a Switch. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Nintendo ever rush stuff and then make you update it 5 times because they're using the official release as a sort of beta test. Their games just seem to be finished and work.
    I was saying this to my sister the other day. That's why I'm not bothering with other consoles as I can't be doing with the rigmarole that comes with them. In terms of you wanting Gameboy games, they have that along with GBA, NES, SNES, N64 and Mega Drive with the online subscription expansion pack. There might not be every game you want but there's some bloody good ones on there. You honestly can't go wrong for £34.99. Tetris has never looked so good!

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Nintendo-Switch-Online/Nintendo-Switch-Online-Expansion-Pack/Nintendo-Switch-Online-Expansion-Pack-2060571.html
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    edited October 2023

Rabs said:

I don't think so - simple re-release of the others, Delta is a full remake of MGS3. 

I have to say it doesn't actually look that good imo. There are snatches of really pretty stuff (the bird, Snake's face, etc) but the water splashing looks no better than a good PS4 game, so I'm honestly very surprised they've leant on that for the reveal trailer. I desperately want it to be great, as it's probably the best MGS game, though ing I'm honest 4 is the one I'd like to play again as that's the one that's never got a reissue 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30130
    edited October 2023
    I gave in and applied a mod to Starfield (which I am still greatly enjoying).

All it does is make all the ship parts available at one vendor, do you don't have to fly half-built ships around to add all the bits you want.

I can now properly start work on a successor to AirWeasel (below).

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 525
    Sporky said:
    I gave in and applied a mod to Starfield (which I am still greatly enjoying).

All it does is make all the ship parts available at one vendor, do you don't have to fly half-built ships around to add all the bits you want.

I can now properly start work on a successor to AirWeasel (below).

What's the mod?

I've also resisted the urge to mod it so far, but I find the shipbuilding so frustrating that I might give this a go.

For what it's worth, I'm also still enjoying it.  I'm around 60 hours in but I've not touched much of the main plot.  Just got to the point where the new abilities are found.  Really enjoyed the Freestar Collective Ranger missions.  Also, I randomly stumbled across The Mantis' Lair a while ago - no idea how you're meant to find it otherwise but it's well worth searching out.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30130
    The Mantis lair gets mentioned typically in a note you find on a dead pirate or spacer, I think.

The mod is at Nexus - "Atlantis shipyard all parts". Just a text file to put in the game folder, then a single console command to activate it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/3918
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2510
    Anyone else hyped for Alan Wake 2?

Slightly frustrated the Epic store said it releases today, but won't unlock until early tomorrow....
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7560
    edited October 2023
    Woops weird accidental post! 
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2648
    tFB Trader

Rabs said:

I don't think so - simple re-release of the others, Delta is a full remake of MGS3. 

I have to say it doesn't actually look that good imo. There are snatches of really pretty stuff (the bird, Snake's face, etc) but the water splashing looks no better than a good PS4 game, so I'm honestly very surprised they've leant on that for the reveal trailer. I desperately want it to be great, as it's probably the best MGS game, though ing I'm honest 4 is the one I'd like to play again as that's the one that's never got a reissue 
    Here they compare it to the original source material..  Also remember its still in Alpha stage.

• Well I just purchased the game Man Eater for the PS5, I like the idea of an RPG where you play a tiger shark.
  • Well I just purchased the game Man Eater for the PS5, I like the idea of an RPG where you play a tiger shark.
    It’s silly-fun - a little repetitive, but one of the few games I’ve actually played to completion in recent years! :)
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3445
    edited October 2023
    Well I just purchased the game Man Eater for the PS5, I like the idea of an RPG where you play a tiger shark.
    It’s silly-fun - a little repetitive, but one of the few games I’ve actually played to completion in recent years!

I heard really good things about it since it was first announced, and if I hadn't been stung too often buying games on release day, I was going to buy this one on release.  However saw it on special on the PS store, and had funds burning a whole in my account, so decided to finally go for it.  Can't wait to find the time to play it. 

I've actually bough several games from the PS store in the last day due to all the funds I had burning a hole in my account.
  • @CavemanGrogg I got it via PS Plus Extra (?) I think, and enjoyed it enough to buy the DLC too
  • @CavemanGrogg I got it via PS Plus Extra (?) I think, and enjoyed it enough to buy the DLC too

We bought the version with the DLC as well, there was less than a quid difference between the two.
  • Just finished the tutorial for maneater, not the easiest game to control, in fact it took both of us to finish the tutorial, but it's a lot of fun and interesting concept.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2510
    Anyone else got the early access to RoboCop?

I'm really enjoying it so far - really captures the feel of the first film especially. Helps they have Peter Weller back doing the voice.
  • ^ not yet, but it does look fun - I’ll give it a go once it’s on PS+/hefty discounts with any* main bugs ironed out :)

*assuming the inevitable day one types