General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• The OLED Switch is really great. Obviously not so important if you only want to play docked, but much nicer than the regular one for handheld
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1506
    The OLED Switch is really great. Obviously not so important if you only want to play docked, but much nicer than the regular one for handheld
    I suspect (only having one TV in the house), that in the short term at least, it'll be handheld with headphones for most of my gameplay (whilst the wife watches some guff on tv) - so this is encouraging! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • westfordwestford Frets: 617
    Teardown is quite fun
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30130
    edited November 2023
    I liked Teardown until it was all silly-short time limits.

Starfield had a 17Gb update last night (adding DLSS and so on) so I started A Little To The Left, which is lovely. Just arranging things.

Also Lady BMcH got me the Back To The Future DLC for Power Washer Simulator, which us jolly decent of her as she hates the noise. But the core game is on Xbox whatsit and it's her account. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Did the Starfield update fix the crimson fleet quest bug does anybody know?
    I stopped playing aaaages ago and have recently been playing fallout 4 again, remembering how much better than Starfield it is
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8475
    edited November 2023
    I have never played my Switch docked. 
    Oh, that’s a lie, once on holiday with the kids playing Switxh sports, 

99.9% of my Switch time is spent in handheld mode. 

New switch is out next year, should be somewhere between PS4 and PS5 in power, and much easier to develop for. More PC like architecture. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    TheMarlin said:

New switch is out next year, should be somewhere between PS4 and PS5 in power, and much easier to develop for. More PC like architecture. 
    Hmmmm, that would be good, now that the Steam Deck has shown you can do it well....i mean even if they do a similar chip to the Steamdeck it would be amazing level of IQ on hand.  

The price might be an issue...seeing the cheapest Steamdeck with Valve's resources still cost £400 for a base one.
    They just updated the steam deck, added a bigger HDD, better power management, and bigger battery 

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    edited November 2023
    TheMarlin said:
    They just updated the steam deck, added a bigger HDD, better power management, and bigger battery 

I know....I almost bought one lol

(I know the OLED base one is like £479, so it is quite a jump from the price of the Switch or any or the Nintendo consoles in the last decade)
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    Yea I was seriously considering it but looked up the prices of used 512GB Decks on eBay and you're lucky to get £300 for it so I thought nah. If there was a performance increase I might have gone for it.

This could mean that a real upgrade will be out in 18 months or so. 
    Spiderman 2 was an absolute and utter epic. Very good. 
  • I think I've pretty much finished Starfield's main quest line.  While I accept it's not up to Skyrim/Fallout standards I've still enjoyed it up to this point.  I'm now thoroughly annoyed with the last mission though - the requirement to have a specific upgrade on your ship is maddening. 

As far as I can tell, if I want to finish the game I've got to grind enough levels to increase my ship-building skill so I can either upgrade the grav drive on my main ship or seriously upgrade the weapons on my ship that can actually make the jump already.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1506
    TheMarlin said:

Oh FFS. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I think I’m out of the Nintendo ecosystem. 

I barely use my Switch; the games don’t interest me as much on there generally, and if there’s a cross-gen option then I’ll pick the PS4/5 version instead for the performance. I’m intrigued by Sony’s new handheld thingy, but I would weigh it up against a Steamdeck if I do decide I want that format too.
    I think I’m out of the Nintendo ecosystem. 

I barely use my Switch; the games don’t interest me as much on there generally, and if there’s a cross-gen option then I’ll pick the PS4/5 version instead for the performance. I’m intrigued by Sony’s new handheld thingy, but I would weigh it up against a Steamdeck if I do decide I want that format too.
    Nintendo make beautiful games.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    TheMarlin said:
    I think I’m out of the Nintendo ecosystem. 

Nintendo make beautiful games.  
    Yea. I was a bit disappointed with the latest Zelda, but if you like building mad shit out of mad shit you will have a great time. 
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2494
    joneve said:
    TheMarlin said:

Oh FFS. 
    If the rumours that it can play Matrix Awakens at PS5 level are true, then FFS indeed.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30130
    Yea. I was a bit disappointed with the latest Zelda, but if you like building mad shit out of mad shit you will have a great time. 
    I resemble that comment! 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DannicDannic Frets: 49
    Tried the new Ps5 software update with the added  Dolby Atmos feature. Not sure how it works on all my games but I’ve got an Atmos capable tv so noticed the benefit on at least sniper elite 5 and sniper contracts 2. 
    Adds spacial sounds like rustling leaves and footsteps around the room which adds to the tension when creeping around. 
  • I've always loved Nintendo and still do. I don't enjoy everything they do, I think Mario Odyssey is the worst 3D Mario game in a very long time, but man when they get it right they're so far above everyone else it's not even funny. 

And Mario Kart & Smash Bros have jointly held the title of best real-world multiplayer games for 25 years now - noone else even tries to compete.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom