General Gaming thread

What's Hot
1216217218219220222»

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10399
    Elden Ring is arguably the easiest of all Fromsoft games.  There are lots of ways to skin a cat in this game, from grinding to level up (they haven't patch a lot of these farming areas still I believe), to OP builds and actual gaming mechanics.

I think Bloodbourne was easier, but compared to Sekiro Elden Ring has much more capacity to over level and so on.

On Sekiro I ended up meeting some weird creature in a cave pretty early on that slows you and I tried 20 times before I realised this was a boss for much, much later on. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4701
    Grabbed the original Deus Ex from GOG for just over a quid.  Nearly a quarter of a century old, and it's still brilliant.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4259
    TheMarlin said:
    nero1701 said:
    I got Elden Ring bout a year back and got a dozen or so hours into it, I recently tried to get back into it as I really like the look, feel and story, but why did they make it so difficult!
    ‘From Software’ who make Elden Ring have a reputation for making punishing games that give you no tutorial, and immediately dump you into fierce gameplay. 

I remember the first time I played Bloodbourne. Was brutal. Was repeatedly slaughtered for an hour before I turned to YouTube for help. 

But, once you get into it, and learn what it’s all about, there is no better challenge. 

Despite the punishing gameplay, it’s one of the best selling games in recent years. Makes a change from being spoonfed gameplay. 
    Presumably they made Dead Souls etc too? I've somehow still not played any of them, despite owning Bloodborne for a couple of years!
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29209
    Grabbed the original Deus Ex from GOG for just over a quid.  Nearly a quarter of a century old, and it's still brilliant.
    Deus Ex was magnificent. 

Give the System Shock remake a go too. Deus Ex took a lot of inspiration from the original. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4701
    Sporky said:
    Deus Ex was magnificent. 

Give the System Shock remake a go too. Deus Ex took a lot of inspiration from the original. 
    I've played the Enhanced Edition of SS2, and all the BioShocks, but never the original.  Will need to give it a go, yes.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• SporkySporky Frets: 29209
    I'm waiting for the remake of SS2. Impatiently. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom