General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2442
    FarleyUK said:
    I'm half tempted to sell my PS5. I'm just not using it - I'm spending all my game time on the Series X. Can't see any particular decent exclusives coming out for it any time soon, either.
    Jesus - they’re going for £600+ on eBay!! :open_mouth: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11916
    It is coming down, it was £1200 before Christmas.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2417
    Which, let’s be honest, is utterly ludicrous.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11916
    beed84 said:
    Which, let’s be honest, is utterly ludicrous.
    Totally, and at £600 they make very little after fees so it’s on the verge of scalpers ending I hope.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Especially considering that, I assume, there are costs related to the scalp bots.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10276
    I bought Hitman 3. But decided to buy Hitman 1 to start from the beginning. If you have PS Now, go on there and download Hitman 2. There’s this thing called Access pass, which lets you play older Hitman content in 3. Hitman 2 leaves PS Now tonight, so if you’re quick and download it, go to the store within the game and download the Access Pass. And then if you get 3 you can play 2 in Hitman 3, and it’s remastered to the spec of 3. I’ve done the same with one. I bought it and installed it, got the access pass and sold it on, so I’ve got Hitman 1,2,3 for the price of Hitman 3. 

So much content and it’s excellent. 
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    I’m loving Hitman 3. I looked up the first two of this series on the XBox store as I wanted to do the same idea, but it’s kinda complicated to see how it works. I think I have to buy the Access Pass versions. Hitman 1 is £24. Hitman 2 is £55...!

edited January 2021
    Yea you need to have bought the games first. If you buy used copies and sell them on you can do it for free. I’ve just realised you can trick the game using the PS Now download. 
  • Recently bought a gaming laptop after 10+ years of no gaming. Been playing Witcher 3 and it’s incredible, what a game. 
  • I bought Hitman 3. But decided to buy Hitman 1 to start from the beginning. If you have PS Now, go on there and download Hitman 2. There’s this thing called Access pass, which lets you play older Hitman content in 3. Hitman 2 leaves PS Now tonight, so if you’re quick and download it, go to the store within the game and download the Access Pass. And then if you get 3 you can play 2 in Hitman 3, and it’s remastered to the spec of 3. I’ve done the same with one. I bought it and installed it, got the access pass and sold it on, so I’ve got Hitman 1,2,3 for the price of Hitman 3. 

So much content and it’s excellent. 
    Hitman 2 was the absolute peak imo. Not played the new one, but from footage it looks more linear and easier than previous entries, but that could be a side effect of watching people play who are good at the game! 
    edited January 2021
    Recently bought a gaming laptop after 10+ years of no gaming. Been playing Witcher 3 and it’s incredible, what a game. 

I’ve been playing it on Switch and I’ve found it incredibly clunky. The characters are excellent and the story is good but in terms of actual gameplay, I can’t say it’s aged that well. 
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1477
    Am I the only one who is STILL waiting for a PS4/5 gen Splinter Cell game? 

I LIVED on the series on PS2. Would give my right arm for a next gen re-make. 
  • joneve said:

Yeah, noone's doing that sort of linear stealth sort of thing these days - it's all battle royales and massive open world single player games. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I started playing my first game of D&D last night with a few friends online - great fun, though a little slow to start with as none of us had played before!

I’m pretty sure we got a lot of the rules etc wrong but it was a good laugh still, I’m now looking into some of the online tabletop apps like D20 & Roll20 to help things along.

Do any of you lot play too?
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1477
    joneve said:

Yeah, noone's doing that sort of linear stealth sort of thing these days - it's all battle royales and massive open world single player games. 

aye. I mean, don't get me wrong, Uncharted and The Last of Us both, to a point, have some stealthy elements in them; but I bloody loved those games. 

Don't get me wrong, I have a (bordering on unhealthy) obsession with Fortnite at the minute - find it good fun and good to catch up with a few of my closest mates whilst forgetting about the world for a while - but give me a Stealth Puzzle game any day of the week (MSG 5 I was massively disappointed with) 
  • Hey, I stealthed my way through a lot of Ghost of Tsushima and loved it. 

But I know what you mean - the likes of earlier MGS & Splinter Cell would be great on modern machines. 
  • I started playing my first game of D&D last night with a few friends online - great fun, though a little slow to start with as none of us had played before!

I’m pretty sure we got a lot of the rules etc wrong but it was a good laugh still, I’m now looking into some of the online tabletop apps like D20 & Roll20 to help things along.

I got a starter kit for xmas. We're in the middle of decorating but have a standing invite for a couple of friends to get started as soon as our living/dining area is functional again!
    I started playing my first game of D&D last night with a few friends online - great fun, though a little slow to start with as none of us had played before!

I got a starter kit for xmas. We're in the middle of decorating but have a standing invite for a couple of friends to get started as soon as our living/dining area is functional again!
    Also got a kit for Christmas and also hoping to start soonish.
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 710
    Well, I know what I'm doing for the next few years or so. See you on the other side, lads:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    @ThePrettyDamned I'm getting near to the end 9f Bloodstained. So far about 30 hours and a bit more to do.
    Great game.