General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• wibblewibble Frets: 1108
    Anyone else tried the Resident Evil Village 'Maiden' demo?

It's PS5 only - although a demo will be released later in the Spring for all platforms.

It looks good in 4K/60fps/HDR and ray traced reflections but it's giving me a bit of motion sickness!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11879
    edited January 2021
    ennspek said:
    The whole new console thing is doing my head in. Just do it via a lottery, fuck the scalpers.
    Sony could actually do that, they can limit to 1 per PSN account for the first 6 months for example.  But to Sony/MS they don’t really care because they get their sales and these shortages drives demand and headlines.  It creates even more demand.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    ennspek said:
    The whole new console thing is doing my head in. Just do it via a lottery, fuck the scalpers.
    Sony could actually do that, they can limit to 1 per PSN account for the first 6 months for example.  But to Sony/MS they don’t really care because they get their sales and these shortages drives demand and headlines.  It creates even more demand.
    Scalp bots are killing this launch and they don't seem to give a shit. A normal person buys a console a couple of games and the odd accessorie, not 10 consoles which turn up on eBay an hour later.
    Who is actually buying from these pirates anyway, bollocks if I'd give them the satisfaction.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27113
    February's PS Plus is looking excellent;

- Destruction Allstars on PS5, which looks like a combination of Rocket League, Destruction Derby and Fortnite
    - Control on PS4 and PS5, which is awesome as I nearly bought it in the last sale
    - Concrete Genie, which completely passed me by but seems to have reviewed well
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    ennspek said:
    ennspek said:
    Scalp bots are killing this launch and they don't seem to give a shit. A normal person buys a console a couple of games and the odd accessorie, not 10 consoles which turn up on eBay an hour later.
    Who is actually buying from these pirates anyway, bollocks if I'd give them the satisfaction.
    What retailers could also do is operate a waiting list method, first come first served.  When your number comes up you get an email with a link to buy 1 per address, and the link valid for 48hrs or it expires and passes onto the next person.  You will know at least you are in a queue and eventually get yours.

I don't know why they don't do that, happy customers, stop bots and they know they will sell because there is a list of buyers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27113
    RaymondLin said:
    ennspek said:
    RaymondLin said:
    ennspek said:
    What retailers could also do is operate a waiting list method, first come first served.  When your number comes up you get an email with a link to buy 1 per address, and the link valid for 48hrs or it expires and passes onto the next person.  You will know at least you are in a queue and eventually get yours.

I don't know why they don't do that, happy customers, stop bots and they know they will sell because there is a list of buyers.
    That's what the shops in Abu Dhabi all did. I got one on day 1, as did many others, but there are still scalpers. I suspect most of those guys have only 3 or 4 machines to sell though, rather than 20+
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    I refuse to pay for these on eBay, even if they sell them at parity. 

Plus, there isn't really anything I want to play at the moment on either side.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    After my hand-wringing above, I still hadn’t played CP2077 any further and the more I thought about it (not intensively by any means) it was annoying me that I’d chucked £50 away on it. So I looked it up on Amazon and it was still eligible for a refund, so that’s what I did. I bought Hitman 3 instead after basically flipping a coin between that and AC Valhalla. I might well get Valhalla in due course too.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Cyberpunk 2077 through the course of this year, but I won’t be buying it until it’s fully ready for Series X.

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2415
    I'm half tempted to sell my PS5. I'm just not using it - I'm spending all my game time on the Series X. Can't see any particular decent exclusives coming out for it any time soon, either.
  • FarleyUK said:
    I'm half tempted to sell my PS5. I'm just not using it - I'm spending all my game time on the Series X. Can't see any particular decent exclusives coming out for it any time soon, either.

Profitzzz! 

I'm still playing slay the spire. Heart killed on ascension 12 now, so working my way up quite nicely. Learning some better planning and decisions now, rather than the more obvious one. 

Favourite play so far was an ironclad on ascension 10 - went infinite in the heart fight (which isn't terribly useful all the time due to the heart's invincibility) but wound up with 999 block and just body slammed it a couple of times. 
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    FarleyUK said:
    £150 and you have a deal 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    FarleyUK said:
    I may be interested....
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    Just started The Witcher 3 on series S.

I've played it before on the Switch - got maybe 15 hours in but put it down and never really picked it up again.  Don't know why as I was enjoying it.  Planning on playing through to the end this time (assuming it stay on Game Pass long enough).
  • I've just started Yakuza 5 remastered on XB1 
  • Good deals on some playstation games at the moment.

I got doom 64, grim fandango remastered and resident evil 2 deluxe edition for £20 or so today that's a lot of great game! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17639
    tFB Trader
    FarleyUK said:

Profitzzz! 

I'm still playing slay the spire. Heart killed on ascension 12 now, so working my way up quite nicely. Learning some better planning and decisions now, rather than the more obvious one. 

Favourite play so far was an ironclad on ascension 10 - went infinite in the heart fight (which isn't terribly useful all the time due to the heart's invincibility) but wound up with 999 block and just body slammed it a couple of times. 

Out on Android next week!
  • FarleyUK said:

Profitzzz! 

Out on Android next week!

Oh god, that's a road I don't want to go down. 

I'm starting to get good at it now - I think I'll climb to a15 quite quickly, then slog to a20. 

So, today I started 3 games - doom 64, grim fandango and resident evil 2.

They're all great! Doom 64 is bloody hard, grim fandango is utterly charming and my partner likes it too - genuinely funny, too. Resident evil 2 seems great, but my playstation wants to take off when playing so... Probably needs a good clean, but SONY MAKE IT DAMN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO GET INSIDE. 

When will they learn?! 
    @ThePrettyDamned you have made me curious about that game. May check it out.
  • Good deals on some playstation games at the moment.

I got doom 64, grim fandango remastered and resident evil 2 deluxe edition for £20 or so today that's a lot of great game! 
    Where’s that? I wouldn’t mind replaying RE2
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7486
    edited January 2021
    Good deals on some playstation games at the moment.

Where’s that? I wouldn’t mind replaying RE2
    PlayStation store. 

It's very good. Makes my ps4 try to take off though so I've ordered a bunch of security screwdrivers and will take it apart on a work break during the week to clean what is probably a filthy fan.

However, so far, it's very easy. If you're used to gaming logic puzzles of old, you'll be disappointed that the game basically gives you the answers. Grim fandango is a much more challenging game.