Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NeuralDSP / Darkglass helix type thing....? Now with Rabea demo!

What's Hot

Comments

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2955
    edited January 2020
    https://neuraldsp.com/quad-cortex

This thing looks very cool. Definitely gonna have to go check out the Neural booth next week!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1995
    Looks very impressive. 
    Can't afford but really wanna play!
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24859
    1699€. 
    1599€ according to IG

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• Looks seriously good, although for all their talk of machine learning-based amp capture, you can't actually do it yourself.

Had to laugh out loud at their site's claim that "It has more processing power than most commercial computers", though. 
    <space for hire>
  • Looks seriously good, although for all their talk of machine learning-based amp capture, you can't actually do it yourself.
    Where did you read that?

Bye!

• What is Neural Capture?
    Other companies already digitally capture the sound of an analog rig, some very cleverly for the time they were introduced. But with the advances in machine learning technology and in embedded processing power, we thought we could greatly contribute to this field.Our biomimetic approach relies on a unique combination of advanced machine learning techniques and neuroscience; we invented a way to train an AI to perceive sound in the same way the human ear does.Quad Cortex’s neural networks are hearing your rig in the same way that you do, giving it the most comprehensive and detailed detection system, and the resulting digitized rigs are the most accurate and powerful on the market.

Bye!

Where did you read that?
    Actually, I'm wrong. At least, the implication is that I'm wrong. I misread the FAQ.
    <space for hire>
  • What is Neural Capture?
    Other companies already digitally capture the sound of an analog rig, some very cleverly for the time they were introduced. But with the advances in machine learning technology and in embedded processing power, we thought we could greatly contribute to this field.Our biomimetic approach relies on a unique combination of advanced machine learning techniques and neuroscience; we invented a way to train an AI to perceive sound in the same way the human ear does.Quad Cortex’s neural networks are hearing your rig in the same way that you do, giving it the most comprehensive and detailed detection system, and the resulting digitized rigs are the most accurate and powerful on the market.

So is this them basically saying it can capture the amp in the room sound and feel?? If that’s the case then it has my attention.
    Where did you read that?
    Actually, I'm wrong. At least, the implication is that I'm wrong. I misread the FAQ.
    Yeah would be a bit nuts if they didn't allow end users to do it.

What is Neural Capture?

So is this them basically saying it can capture the amp in the room sound and feel?? If that’s the case then it has my attention.
    It's them saying "we do profiling too, and we do it better" basically.

Bye!

• JohnCordyJohnCordy Frets: 650
    @kennedydream1980 looks like marketing waffle?
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    My PC might be to old cause I can't open the product page! It's worst on my phone...
  • Frankly, I'm amazed that we haven't seen any demo videos from the usual suspects yet. That's very un-Neural DSP-like.
    <space for hire>
  • Frankly, I'm amazed that we haven't seen any demo videos from the usual suspects yet. That's very un-Neural DSP-like.
    Probably don't have any units to send out and need the pre-order money to get them made.

Bye!

Where did you read that?

What is Neural Capture?

I'm not sure it is. I've read the whole FAQ a few times, and I think it actually means that, by only concentrating on the bits that human perception can pick up, their profiles use a lot less DSP to get the same result.

Or it could mean both.
    <space for hire>
    Where did you read that?

What is Neural Capture?

I'm not sure it is. I've read the whole FAQ a few times, and I think it actually means that, by only concentrating on the bits that human perception can pick up, their profiles use a lot less DSP to get the same result.

Or it could mean both.
    That's not really my reading tbh.

Bye!

• mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    I think it’s pretty clear that they are saying their “AI” has virtual ears for tuning the models/profiles - nothing to do with amp in the room.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    I don’t think they would be able to let the users make their own profiles / models because neural networks need a lot of compute power and a lot of data to be fitted, plus almost certainly some expertise to tweak things till they work.
  • Was he turning the footswitch as a control on that vid?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • The EQ workflow on touch screen! I do wonder if its a failure point tho
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    Was he turning the footswitch as a control on that vid?
    Yes
    https://downloads.neuraldsp.com/web/cortex/acuator-scene-01.mp4