Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NeuralDSP / Darkglass helix type thing....? Now with Rabea demo!

What's Hot
14567810»

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10246
    I thought it sounds decent from 6.30. I have heard similar from the Helix. 

I'm not blown away though. But it's one guy demoing it. 
    Why are people expecting to be “blown away”?No offence meant here btw, just a general wondering on my part.

The Helix, Kemper etc are all producing some outstanding sounds and tones, and we are surely almost at a point now where online demo’s are all going to sound fairly similar and just as good as each other? The difference will be using one in the flesh, through our own rigs, and will also come down to form factor etc
    Well this is a new product that's come out 10 years after the Kemper, 5 years after the Helix and based on the demos released by the company it doesn't sound as good as these much older products. 

I'm expecting advancements in the sound, something that brings us closer to a real amp (because Helix/Kemper are not 100%) and its not happened. Its more advanced in the user interface but the sound quality hasn't moved forward.

So I was expecting/hoping that this product, with the reputation of the company and the time that's passed might give us something that will make me go wow, but it hasn't

I'm not saying it's not a good product but based on what I've heard so far nothing has convinced me that this is better than the Kemper, which I think is the closest to a real amp. 

You’re basing all of this on YouTube videos though, aren’t you? 

Maybe it hasn’t progressed, but my point is that surely we’ll get to a point where they all sound amazing/the same?
    What would you like me to base it on? 

I hear recordings from the Kemper, Axe etc that surprise me all the time. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Looking like an interesting product so far
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • oh motherfuckers..i thought i wasn't interested in this and look at all the diezel models. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Yes, some good stuff there, will be interested to hear one
  • p90fool said:
    I agree with @smudge_lad. If we keep saying that we're at the point of diminishing returns in terms of the sounds we can get from Axe FX, Kemper and Helix, that we keep saying are almost dead on the same as the real thing, then expecting even more from this is a bit much.
    We're not all saying that, they still don't react to volume and playing input changes like a real amp.
    Yeah I basically agree with this.

Bye!

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2415
    In the latest update, they've shown the QC running 4 amp sims with 4 separate reverbs... and still lots of CPU power remaining.

This thing is a monster!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    That's mad. 
    I've run guitar and bass through helix for some practices and as a gig saviour... At the expense of some more extravagant sounds. 

If this does 4 amps.... I'm guessing you could easily do a decent guitar signal path AND a parallel bass path with all the dry/dirty mix thing 
  • FarleyUK said:
    In the latest update, they've shown the QC running 4 amp sims with 4 separate reverbs... and still lots of CPU power remaining.

This thing is a monster!
    where can I find the update? Couldn't see it on their site...unless I'm being utterly stupid
    edited September 2020
    FarleyUK said:

This thing is a monster!
    where can I find the update? Couldn't see it on their site...unless I'm being utterly stupid
    Sorry, just realised it's not on their blogs - it's on their Twitter/IG feed. Here's a screengrab:

Demo of how the interface functions. This thing looks fantastic.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10246
    The hype is infectious. 
  • The hype is infectious. 
    It is, but even if it was just an easy transport unit that would be running their amazing plugins, it would be a massive step up from existing top tier modelling.

The only thing that annoys me about it is the power supply. I wish it was a regular IEC rather than a 12V. Can find an IEC on a gig anywhere, not so for a dedicated power supply.

If I can build a giggable version of my recorded bass sound then I'm having one.