Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Band names wot u have been in..

What's Hot

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8574
    ICBM said:
    aRe wE theM - best tribute band name ever :).
    You won't be surprised to know that the name came first after a few pints with a bassist mate in a pub, it was too good not to form a band! Still hopeful to progress it when "Mike Mills" makes a move back South.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6253
    edited September 2013
    RobDavies said:
    equalsql said:

A mate of mine was so inspired by the band 'Gay Bikers On Acid' that he called his own venture:
    'Lesbian dope-heads on mopeds" .. inspired!

I've heard of them.   Uxbridge area, possibly?
      He was a Welsh chappie out of Swansea (I thinK)  so I thought it was based down there..but he was a bit of a nomad so I wouldn't be suprised if he ended up in west London.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 562
    edited September 2013
    Valid Jumblatt - Reggae band And The others - ill defined pop!

• Cool thread idea..

I haven't been in many, but..

Suicidal Sperm - Indie kinda thing with Rush bits for no apparent reason.
    Battered Ring - Punky Rocky Britpop thing

Some others with boring names I can't remember

edited September 2013
    JookyChap said:
    Cool thread idea..

I haven't been in many, but..

Suicidal Sperm - Indie kinda thing with Rush bits for no apparent reason.
    Battered Ring - Punky Rocky Britpop thing

Some others with boring names I can't remember
       "Suicidal Sperm" another great one!  I spat out my coffee laughing so much when I saw that!
    :))
  • The Queen's Nads (later changed to Nut Gone Flake): My first band, mainly originals, never managed to get a bassist, probably sounded awful but my god it was fun. We rehearsed in the rhythm guitarist's garage using a couple of cranked squire practice amps and an old HiFi for a PA. We were about 16 and used to bunk off college to practice. Sadly we never gt as far as gigging anywhere. 

Malarky: Originally me and my brother playing acoustic gigs but grew into a full band. We played covers and original material and lasted over ten years. Indie/punk/rock type stuff. 

The Fentons: similar lineup to Malarky but purely original material written by me and my brother. We lasted 9 months before the drummer quit, followed quickly by the bassist. We played a few gigs including a "Malarky" comeback gig to headline the local party in the park, playing to around 4000 people, still the highlight of my gigging career. 

The Decca Audition: My current band, we play mostly covers but also write and record our own stuff. The band started as mainly originals (before my time) but got tired of mid week trips to London for feck all money so went down the pub gig route. Their guitarist left and having known them for many years, I was asked to join. We mainly play pubs, weddings, functions etc.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922
    The Finishing Touch
    The Beginning of the End
    Lost Patrol
    Subterfuge
    Cloudy
    The Great Outdoors
    No Time Wasters
    The Rainhouse
    The Bighead
    The Rogue State Circus

I have to admit responsibility for the first two, my favourite is the last one.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Loaded Dice - classic rock

Is that you Chris???
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    edited September 2013
    My phone doesn't work too well on this site.....more likely faulty user...
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3355
    Another +1 for Dindude's aRe wE theM
  • TNT  - aged 14............became

XTC..................yes really, but 8 years before them.

Charlie Frock and the Grovellers - one of Sixth form party band

The Sylvester Set Five.................another one off part Band 

Red Flag...............start of Punk

Demob...................proper Punk

Hands Off......................pub rock

• BarneyBarney Frets: 620

i was was in a duo once called The Two Hats...you really need to say it fast though...

was in a band called ..Free Beer...always a full house.. :)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

A friend of mine was the drummer in Iron Maiden. Not The Iron Maiden, a band from Bolton, who have been (and possibly still are) mentioned on The IM website as The Boulton Iron Maiden.

Why has Bolton been spelled Boulton? Their lead guitar player's name was Boulton. The band split after he sadly Passed on from cancer.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    edited September 2013
    Awkward Silence (later Thrill of Confusion) - sort of pop-punk/moderately hard-rock/almost-metal band I was in from when I was about 13 to when I was about 15. We were alright, as first bands go. Didn't gig as much as we should have done, looking back.

A year or two ago I was jamming with a couple of guys in the year above me at school, we were playing death metal sort of stuff. The band name we were kicking around was Contamination, which I quite liked. Then the other two guys went off to university... don't know if anything will come of it in future.

The band I am in now is called Melivora - we're playing grungey alternative rock sort of stuff (biggest influences are Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead and the Devin Townsend Band). We're writing lots of stuff and recording some of it, although we still need a singer. We've played one show (instrumentally)... once we get a singer, I'd like to think we'll be out there gigging. :)

There's also the band I played in as part of my school's production of We Will Rock You earlier this year... Queen covers, obviously. We played in front of over 1000 people in total over five nights. We were pretty damn good, if I say so myself - so much so that we're considering making a comeback as an "actual" Queen covers band. No hard-and-fast name as yet, although I half-jokingly came up with "The Royal Babies", given that we're all quite young and are playing Queen. :D 
    Watch this space though, because we may well start gigging again at some point.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    Deijavoo said:
    Loaded Dice - classic rock

Is that you Chris???
    Fraid not .. My Loaded Dice were a Southampton band that ran from 1976 to 1979
  • What an awesome idea for a thread. Here are mine...

John the Milkman
    Bob's Gibbon and the Sticks
    Rude Moon
    Tina Toner and the Refills
    Los Printeros
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Tina Toner and the Refills

That's a good band name   >:D< 
  • Syzygy - formed from a bunch of mates in our last year at school. All covers, anything from Hendrix to Stiltskin. Singer was bloody amazing...he could accurately reproduce Cobain or Bono night after night. The bastard. I believe he lives in Cornwall, journalist during the day and does nothing but surfing on his own time. Double bastard.

<13 year gap>

Animal's Hellwing - Horrendous, useless band with insipid originals and half-assed covers that never got as far as gigging after 2 years of rehearsals and lineup changes. Drummer's nickname was Animal (predictably), singer's surname was Hellwing (legally changed). Fkn nightmare, but it gave me something to do while getting my live chops up to scratch again.

Eats Shoots and Leaves - Decent enough cover band, somewhat bizarrely with my bro on drums and the old man on bass. Did covers from all the usual bands, but not the obvious ones - think Foos (The Pretender), Extreme (Get The Funk Out), Michael Jackson (Beat It) etc. Folded after a spat between dear ol' Dad and the singer.

BlackHawkDown - Originals band, was going pretty damn well until we tried to record our own album and things started to peter out with the frustration. Man, I loved that band and those songs...about as far as you can get into heavy rock without being metal.

Soaker - My current squeeze. Originals, slightly more commercial heavy rock. One hell of a singer. Watch this space.

There have been a lot of bands in between these, but they never actually got far enough to warrant having the name argument.
    <space for hire>
  • King's Indian: Rock Covers and Originals 1993-94.

Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5040
    Unit 3 + 1, country and rock
    Wee 4, country, trad Irish and ballads.

There were a few others but they are lost in my brain filing cabinet and I cannot retrieve them.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum