Anyone had a guitar over 10 years and it's still 'the one'?

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
I don't buy and sell that many guitars compared to some people, but I've had a good 6 or 7 that I was 100% sure were 'the one' when I got them. They all fell down the pecking order over time and mostly got sold on. Even now, I thought I had built my perfect guitar (a strat) and for the past year I felt that it was 'the one' for good, undefeatable, however, I have recently fixed up my older self built Tele and it has usurped the strat as no 1. I totally never saw that coming!

So yeah, I was just wondering if anyone has had a 'number one' guitar for over 10 years? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28444
    Yes.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8630
    Erm no, struggling to find a guitar I’ve owned for more than a few years! Fickle. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jamiexsilverjamiexsilver Frets: 404
    edited October 2020
    Yep.
    I bought a 1972 Les Paul custom 13 years ago I’ll never sell. I’ve used it for 100’s of gigs/tours and used it on every recording I’ve done since owning it.

I also still own a SG I bought in 2000 and a PRS CE24 I bought in 2001.

• Yup
    2007 USA 52ri tele.
    Had it about 11 years, been no1 since my mate first bought it and I played it after he brought it home. I got it a year or so after he bought it.
    Had and still have a few great guitars, but this has seen off many challengers for the title.
    Everytime I pick it up it makes me smile. It does everything I ask of it and have used it at almost every gig since I got it. Country bands, 50's Rock and Roll and Very Rock.
    It's 'the one'.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 3001
    I've had my SG for over 10 years now. I still wouldn't say it's "the one" though but very much a love/hate relationship!
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10104
    I've had this beauty for over 10 years...

0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pigfacepigface Frets: 213
    Yes. Casio PG-310 which I got new in 1992. Still my favourite.
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2330
    My number one changes. Here's my guitars and the year I bought them...

Gibson Les Paul Classic 2004
    ES 125 2005
    ric 360 2008
    Gretsch sparkle jet 2018
    CS Strat 2018

I'm currently playing the lp but will probably get the strat out soon.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3413
    My PRS CU24 and an MIM Strat although the latter had everything replaced apart from the body and I called it 'Leo's Broom' but about 15 and 18 yrs, respectively, for those two.

Current two (Tyler Classic and Fender Robert Cray Strat) are about 1.5 and 2 yrs old, respectively. Oh, my Taylor Big Baby acoustic is over ten years old, probably closer to 15.
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    Currently at 2.5 years on my #1 electric & about 7 on the #1 acoustic. Will check back in a few years ;)
  • I’ve had lots of guitars over the years but the only guitar which I’ve genuinely believed is ‘the one’ is a bravewood strat I got 6 months ago. I’m still going strong with it, time will tell I suppose. 
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 662
    Squire Strat for 35 years that gets played a lot, a 2006 HSS Partscaster that gets used all the time, plus several others that become #1 for a week or two, currently got a 2008 goldtop Les Paul on the noodling stand.
  • A Squire Telecaster I’ve had since 1989. I’m not sure if it’s ‘the one’ or if I’m just not discerning enough to go to the bother and expense of buying something better.
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I actually have two number ones. Of those, the one I have owned the longest is my '86 MIJ Jazzmaster that I got in 1992.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25103
    No.  I've got lots of guitars I've owned over 10 years but there's no "the one".

If I was going to narrow it down to a handful, they'd all be guitars I've bought relatively recently, I've got a much better idea now of what features I like and don't like.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3806
    5 out 13 (guitars and basses) I've had for more than 10 years.  The longest serving 6 string was bought in 1994 and I have a bass which I bought in 86.  My oldest acoustic is a relative newcomer, bought in 2005.
  • Treewig1Treewig1 Frets: 453
    I bought my Martin acoustic in 1997 and I still have it.  Bought my Fender Stratocaster in 1981.  Those two have stayed with me. A few (!) others have churned through my hands...
  • I’ve had my J45 since 2005. Dozens of electrics have gone through my hands since then but that one has a bond for life.  
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7247
    I have a neck from 2006 if that counts.
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • NPPNPP Frets: 237
    A Squire Telecaster I’ve had since 1989. I’m not sure if it’s ‘the one’ or if I’m just not discerning enough to go to the bother and expense of buying something better.
    I'm in the same boat - I don't think I've ever played an outstanding guitar, and as a lefty my choices are limited anyway. I have three guitars; my main one is a difficult-to-date late 70s / early 80s lefty Strat I bought in 1986 and the second in line is a 1995 Epi Sheraton I bought new. I guess neither is anything special but how would I know? None of them is crap, but both would probably benefit from a pro setup and new nut.