Anyone had a guitar over 10 years and it's still 'the one'?

What's Hot

Comments

• FezFez Frets: 577
    Yes my 63 Strat bought for 230 English pounds in 1976
    Don't touch that dial.
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ZonularZonular Frets: 62
    2004 mim Tele (it's not much but it's mine)
    1984 Yamaha lord player I have 15 years
    A 90's BC rich acoustic that I bought for 80 quid have about 16 years
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AVRI Hotrod '52. Had several of these but this one was made from a magic tree in an enchanted forrest by elves in bikini's.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Patrick Eggle Berlin pro bought 92 is main electric if I judge the gig to be safe if not then the EB Silhouette bought in 97 comes out to play
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • I go back and fore on which guitars get most attention and have a hazy recollection of when I got stuff, but my oldest guitar, a Suhr Classic,  is more than 20 years old and still gets picked up daily (it’s currently the one I leave in my bedroom).

But my number 1 based on hours played since I got it would easily be my Gibson 339, the 3rd oldest, which I’ve had a more than 10 years. It’s also the one that usually goes to gigs.

It depends how you define number one. If I could only keep 1 guitar I’d keep my 336 and possibly one or two others ahead of the 339. That’s the one that gets most play though.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • A pair of 3TSB Fender Deluxe Strats from 2004, both have a normal nut, one stock with S1, push in trem arm, SCN pickups the other with Monty's installed.
  • I have two, both have sentimental value though, but a Breedlove acoustic I've ad for 16 years and a Strat copy I have had for 24 years. Both will be with me and my number 1's for life
  • westwest Frets: 1021
    3 .... 2 tom andersons and a lowden f35 c koa acoustic also have a collings soco 15 lc which is going knowhere had that a couple of years ... no dead wood lol
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3891
    1998 American Deluxe strat, bought secondhand in 2000. 
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6938
    AVRI Hotrod '52. Had several of these but this one was made from a magic tree in an enchanted forrest by elves in bikini's.
    Boy elves or girl elves? 
  • AVRI Hotrod '52. Had several of these but this one was made from a magic tree in an enchanted forrest by elves in bikini's.
    Those aren't even ten years old, are they?

My AVRI 50s Strat is a belter. Only had it 4 and a half years but I'm confident it'll be with me forever. 

I've had my red Les Paul since I was 15. That's definitely a keeper, but by now that's as much for how long I've had it as how good it is. In fact I bought another Les Paul a couple of years ago that I think is marginally better.
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
  • 31 years Rickenbacker 340 mg, simply the greatest
    Those aren't even ten years old, are they?

My AVRI 50s Strat is a belter. Only had it 4 and a half years but I'm confident it'll be with me forever. 

I've had my red Les Paul since I was 15. That's definitely a keeper, but by now that's as much for how long I've had it as how good it is. In fact I bought another Les Paul a couple of years ago that I think is marginally better.
    Yup. Introduced in '07.

• merlin said:
    AVRI Hotrod '52. Had several of these but this one was made from a magic tree in an enchanted forrest by elves in bikini's.
    Boy elves or girl elves? 
    Girl elves but they identify as horny luthiers.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10932
    I switched from Fender to Gibson scale less than 10 years ago as a sort of early midlife crisis and have been trading like mad since then. Pretty sure my current LP Custom and 335 won't be going anywhere though, they are lovely. The guitar I've owned the longest I bought in 2017, which after playing for 21 years is a bit silly. I'm quite ruthless about clearing away gear I don't use
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6464
    edited October 2020
    These two:

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2527
    Yes I have an old battered 90's masterbuilt Tele that has been mine for 20 years. I've probably owned a good 40 other T-types during the time I've had it and she's seen them all off. You name it.....I've had it. There's just something about its neck and how it sounds that keeps me playing it almost exclusively. 
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2531
    @designerseye88 Wow for your dad. :love: You lucky duck!

@Jalapeno Wow in lieu of a Phwoar! button. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Schecter Custom Shop Strat - 21 years and counting

Gibson ES-335, J-45 - 13 years and counting
  • My main electric is still the 1989 EBMM Silhouette I bought new at Chandlers. The one I've owned the longest is the 74 hardtail Strat I bought in 1979 at Blanks (in Kilburn, RIP).