What Are You Listening To Now ?

What's Hot

Comments

• ewalewal Frets: 2615
    During an attempt to find some newish bands doing something more up my street than the current 6Music faves discussed at length on another thread, I stumbled on Gouge Away.

Nothing particularly original about them, but tight as a tight thing and nail the Metz, Jesus Lizard, Scratch Acid hardcore vibe. Her vocal delivery is f'ing wonderful.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23115
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3927
    New Goat girl release ‘Ride around’. Currently on repeat and can’t get enough of it.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16301
    Philly_Q said:
    The Warning were recommended to me on YouTube for some reason. Probably not really my thing although they are clearly very talented but her voice just sounded so odd to my ear, I don’t mean out of tune (amazing singing voice) but there was an odd quality to it. When I realised English isn’t her first language so it’s a sort of mid Atlantic Mexican I think that’s why.

much better when she sings in Spanish: 

https://youtu.be/KRA3nMzF31M?si=9fEVu3RofIie2NgS
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • MartinBushMartinBush Frets: 258
    Donny Benet
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1960
    Billy Joel's Greatest Hits, Volume I & II - Truly wonderful music.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3927
    Watching a Desmond Child interview. Interestingly he used the same basic song three times (well, twice as someone else did the third one but DC still gets a credit). If you are a Bon Jovi fan and don’t know the other two you might find it interesting (Bon Jovi was second chronologically): 

https://youtu.be/rJOo67DtZAY?si=tC1TpZmOdnlyPPev

https://youtu.be/KrZHPOeOxQQ?si=dJYcVPSmJXDyjBdH

https://youtu.be/jH1RNk8954Q?si=r4LeacBnOCZfnwF7

Watching a Desmond Child interview. Interestingly he used the same basic song three times (well, twice as someone else did the third one but DC still gets a credit). If you are a Bon Jovi fan and don’t know the other two you might find it interesting (Bon Jovi was second chronologically): 
    Wow!  If it's self-plagiarism does it still count as plagiarism?
    Philly_Q said:
    It’s odd. The first song was written for Bonnie but coincided with record company support being withdrawn in the USA (it was a successful single in some countries) so from Desmond’s point of view it wasn’t a success and he reworked it with Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora. The third one I don’t think was any to do with him but they gave Desmond a songwriting credit. Interesting that it was written as a pop song and Bon Jovi rocked it up a bit. He is promoting his autobiography which might be an interesting read. 

Philly_Q said:
    It’s odd. The first song was written for Bonnie but coincided with record company support being withdrawn in the USA (it was a successful single in some countries) so from Desmond’s point of view it wasn’t a success and he reworked it with Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora. The third one I don’t think was any to do with him but they gave Desmond a songwriting credit. Interesting that it was written as a pop song and Bon Jovi rocked it up a bit. He is promoting his autobiography which might be an interesting read. 

https://youtu.be/s6dVJtLFZpA?si=MFdu7NZlj-hSlzgv

Well, well, well David Bennett obviously reading my posts on here for ideas for his channel (from about 11:15). 
  • DuploLicksDuploLicks Frets: 259
    Third Eye Blind, Ricky keeps promoting them on his YT channel. I took a punt on their first album, 20th anniversary release & it is quite enjoyable. 

I never really liked the vocal style of the 00s college band type music but listening to them there’s some interesting stuff going on. And while I don’t like the vocal style the lyrics are good, one of the bonus tracks, slow Motion made me stop and listen. Jump and Motorcycle Drive By also spring to mind. 

• Some guitars from Husker Du

One of my all time fave albums with The Girl Who Lives on Heavens Hill being one of my all time HD songs...

I made 2 playlists of Candy Apple Grey and Warehouse Songs and Stories. One playlist was Hart sung songs and t'other was Mould sung songs... It works really well.
    Wishbone Ash - Live Dates Live

A new live album celebrating the 50th anniversary of their first live album, Live Dates (1973).  I love Wishbone Ash, I've got just about everything they've ever released, but I have to be honest, this sounds quite weak.  I'm certainly no expert on drummers, but new drummer Mike Truscott seems a bit pedestrian to me, and although Andy Powell's vocals aren't bad, he does now sound, I have to say it, like an old man.  This is just... pleasant.  There's no fire.

• LitterickLitterick Frets: 648
    Ummagumma
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 379
    Sierra Ferrell

"Filthy appalachian goblin."

https://edmorgan.info
  • Been listening to Counting Crows first 4 albums.. I really am a fan have seen them a couple of times and if you block out Duritz spurting out political nonsense in between songs they are (were) very good live.