What Are You Listening To Now ?

What's Hot

Comments

• LPManicLPManic Frets: 1095
    Bleachers - Modern Girl. Might be my favourite song in years. Perfect homage to Springsteen.

https://youtu.be/a1Twa5RuswE?si=wuHBlYDKfBPHxK79
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    For the last few minutes this:

https://youtu.be/IwmTAtLCmxM?si=hPmtklUK8MkBYKDO

Which I was going to post in the Bright Eyes discussion but I have now decided that it’s being slightly less of a dick to post it here. But FFS if you call your band Bright Eyes this is what’s going to happen. Anyway, out of my system now. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 336
    edited March 19
    Vintage65 said:
    The latest from Mannequin Pussy
    June UK tour dates announced .. https://mannequinpussy.com/pages/tour + Glastonbury

• OffsetOffset Frets: 11895
    edited March 12
    Today I will mainly be listening to World Party :s  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Upon the advice of the singer in my new band, I have given Radiohead a proper chance. Before now, my only experience of them was the usual radio songs - Creep, No Surprises and the occasional Just or Weird Fishes. From these I just dismissed them as saddo music.

Listening to the Bends, they're actually pretty good - some nice guitar sounds.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6506

Which I was going to post in the Bright Eyes discussion but I have now decided that it’s being slightly less of a dick to post it here. But FFS if you call your band Bright Eyes this is what’s going to happen. Anyway, out of my system now. 
    That is, frankly, awesome. As is the fact that the poor kid, who’s no doubt older than me now, probably long since thought this nice but slightly embarrassing memory was safely lost in the mists of time…and then YouTube happened.

That is, frankly, awesome. As is the fact that the poor kid, who’s no doubt older than me now, probably long since thought this nice but slightly embarrassing memory was safely lost in the mists of time…and then YouTube happened.
    The backing track used on that, according to the clip, was produced by Neil Innés of Bonzo Dog and Rutles fame. It mentions Tiswas in his Wikipedia so I guess it was him. Neil was a super talented bloke if that’s any consolation to Matthew when his family play this clip for him every birthday, Christmas,etc. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2597
    Oh Band of Susans! Blast from the past there! They really had quite a unique sound. This, It's Locked Away and Child of The Moon were favourites of mine back then.

The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5175
    Mostly adverts on Spotify….. :s
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • distresseddistressed Frets: 536
    ewal said:
    Oh Band of Susans! Blast from the past there! They really had quite a unique sound. This, It's Locked Away and Child of The Moon were favourites of mine back then.

This riffing and whole song are insane.
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 336
    edited March 16
    Kim Gordon from Sonic Youth is still making interesting new music at 70

The flat roof on our garage being repaired. It's loud. 
    Also the Rick Beato interview with George Benson which I'm struggling to engage with (the roofers not helping) although the snippets from his back catalogue are well chosen to make you go wow. 
  • ewalewal Frets: 2597
    Vintage65 said:
    Kim Gordon from Sonic Youth is still making interesting new music at 70

Such a distinctive voice - she makes a packing list sound interesting!

Class industrial backing track.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3523
    edited March 16

The backing track used on that, according to the clip, was produced by Neil Innés of Bonzo Dog and Rutles fame. It mentions Tiswas in his Wikipedia so I guess it was him. Neil was a super talented bloke if that’s any consolation to Matthew when his family play this clip for him every birthday, Christmas,etc. 
    I think Matthew is still living his dream.

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3917
    New Warpaint song. This is dreamy stuff.

https://youtu.be/626djSCSEuo?si=7B-Wz-xZSqnbag_P
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6506
    robgilmo said:

I think Matthew is still living his dream.

AMAZING!!!

• distresseddistressed Frets: 536
    edited March 18
    For Jacob Collier fans - more humble, minimal, down to earth and song driven

• maharg101maharg101 Frets: 700
    Had an afternoon of listening to LPs.

Humble Pie - On 79th Street 
    Reverend and the Makers - Best of (double LP)
    Gillan - Magic
    Camel - Stationary Traveller 
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here