Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

2021 Fretboard Running Club

What's Hot

Comments

• russpmrusspm Frets: 445
    Iamnobody said:
    russpm said:
    I had a 2 hour long run on my training plan for today. To counteract the heat I slowed my pace and kept my heart rate to my usual average . I also had a drink every 20 mins and 3 gels along the way. I felt ok and did 14 miles. Another week completed.
    Nice. Do you wear a hydration bag/vest? Took a small 250ml bottle of water with me today but I really dislike carrying things. 
    Yes mate, Ive got a Camelbak and had 1L of water with some SIS powder mixed in to ensure i got calories and carbs in as i burned them. I hate carrying stuff but the Camelbak is really comfortable. How far did you run?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    russpm said:
    Iamnobody said:
    russpm said:
    I had a 2 hour long run on my training plan for today. To counteract the heat I slowed my pace and kept my heart rate to my usual average . I also had a drink every 20 mins and 3 gels along the way. I felt ok and did 14 miles. Another week completed.
    Nice. Do you wear a hydration bag/vest? Took a small 250ml bottle of water with me today but I really dislike carrying things. 
    Yes mate, Ive got a Camelbak and had 1L of water with some SIS powder mixed in to ensure i got calories and carbs in as i burned them. I hate carrying stuff but the Camelbak is really comfortable. How far did you run?
    Cheers - I’ve been looking at the camelback dart. Basically the smallest and lightest they do.

I did 8 miles today but will be going longer over the coming months up to 22.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    Iamnobody said:
    russpm said:
    Iamnobody said:
    russpm said:
    Cheers - I’ve been looking at the camelback dart. Basically the smallest and lightest they do.

I did 8 miles today but will be going longer over the coming months up to 22.
    It’s definitely decent kit.
    I’m also heading up to 22 miles over the next few weeks in preparation for the Manchester marathon.
    I’m guessing you are doing a marathon?
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3987
    I’m back in business, I was on a roll then had to self isolate. I’ve ran 4 times this week, two interval sessions, two 5km runs. Feeling better. Hoping to get back to 10km very soon as I’m doing the Manchester 10km late September.
  • 26.226.2 Frets: 527
    Take it easy in the heat folks. I did 15 miles on Sunday and got very dehydrated and unwell in 31 degrees heat here in London. This is despite loads of water, slowing the pace right down and doing around half of it under tree cover on the river bank. I meant to get out early, but didn’t get away until about 10.30 when it was already scorching. I really should have known better! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7175
    yep, I ran a ten this morning and despite going out before 7am I still feel like I cooked. 

Hope the weather didn’t zap everyone’s energy and enthusiasm to much. 

Just about to go for an evening run and realised it’s a new month. 

I’ve closed July on:

12 runs - 80.5 miles.

@russpm I went for the Camelbak it’s decent kit. and yeah I’ve got my first marathon in Nov. How’s your prep going? 
    121.6km for me this month. Should’ve been a bit more really, but had an odd fortnight of semi-homelessness whilst my house has been rewired so threw me out a little. 
    Iamnobody said:

Hope the weather didn’t zap everyone’s energy and enthusiasm to much. 

Just about to go for an evening run and realised it’s a new month. 

I’ve closed July on:

12 runs - 80.5 miles.

@russpm I went for the Camelbak it’s decent kit. and yeah I’ve got my first marathon in Nov. How’s your prep going? 
    @Iamnobody glad you like the Camelbak, like you said good kit.
    So far so good for me on the marathon training thanks mate. Just completed week 7 of 17 and have completed 131 miles for July.

Which marathon are you doing?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • July summary:

Total distance: 130km
    Total runs: 11

Highlight: the return of Parkrun. Last Saturday myself, my wife, eldest daughter and two friends all went out and had a lovely run around Wimpole Estate. Hoping to repeat (there and elsewhere) in August.

Otherwise, I've slacked off a bit for the last two months. No particular reason, but I feel that I need to pick up a bit ahead of the Cambridge HM in October.
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
  • 26.226.2 Frets: 527
    July summary: 13 runs, 172K. Longest 27K.

A funny month - I missed about 10 days through a combination of holiday and recovery from a horror long run in 30 degree heat (should’ve known better, I know). But I feel there’s been progress, especially when the weather has cooled down. 6 weeks to Brighton! 
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3722
    Just done my fastest (okay, only) 5k of the year average of 6.21km/min. Been cycling more than running this year so I’ll be sore later but hope to get below the 30 minute mark. 
    Just finished my first half marathon this morning. 1hr 59minutes. Wasn’t going for any kind of pace, just completion! Delighted to scrape in under 2 hours though. 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Congrats! Under 2 hours is decent for a first one.

Was it first time at the distance or first organised HM?
    Iamnobody said:
    Congrats! Under 2 hours is decent for a first one.

Was it first time at the distance or first organised HM?
    Wasn’t organised, I just went and ran one. First time doing that distance. 
    Just finished week 9 of 17 of my marathon training plan for Manchester marathon. Tough week with two speed sessions and a long run of 16 miles. Five runs in total this week. I’ve already hit 80 miles for August with half the month to go.
    Anyone else running Manchester marathon this year?
    Got my 5k PB down to 22:16 this afternoon on my first run in a new pair of trainers. Pleased with that! 
    Got my 5k PB down to 22:16 this afternoon on my first run in a new pair of trainers. Pleased with that! 
    Well done mate, that’s brilliant.
    russpm said:
    Well done mate, that’s brilliant.
    Thanks pal. Far quicker than expected to be fair. 
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3987
    I’ve proper slacked off, got the Manchester 10km in a month, very pissed off with myself.