I know you shouldn't laugh but...

What's Hot

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12354
    Every time I look at a Silver Sky I just think it looks like a £100 Chinese knock off badly done strat copy. I presume they are perfectly nice guitars to play but they just look wrong to me. 

I'm not sure what is supposed to be funny about the video. 

Looks like my first ever electric I can’t remember the brand it was all black with a similar headstock.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4196
    edited March 2021
    axisus said:
    seems a bit mean to highlight a guy in this way. I suspect that many of us here are at that sort of level.
    Checking out his other youtube videos, he plays some nice fingerstyle which I bet 90% of forumites can't, and none of it seems presented with any kind of hubris.

I can only assume people think it's fine to take the piss because he's clearly minted.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    edited March 2021
    Lewy said:
    axisus said:
    seems a bit mean to highlight a guy in this way. I suspect that many of us here are at that sort of level.
    Checking out his other youtube videos, he plays some nice fingerstyle which I bet 90% of forumites can't, and none of it seems presented with any kind of hubris.

I can only assume people think it's fine to take the piss because he's clearly minted.

I must admit, I find it easier to make fun of someone who's loaded than to mock a poor person.
    It's somehow more satisfying.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14236
    tFB Trader
    I personally couldn't give a monkeys about his level of playing. If he wants to own an expensive guitar and he actually plays it then that's great in my book. If I had the money I could own a Ferrari if I wanted - I don't have to be able to demonstrate that I can drive like Lewis Hamilton to be allowed one...
    I have a customer who works in a Porsche showroom and they endorse that
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2401
    Snob.

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    If you can't laugh at other people who can you laugh at?  =)
    Not sure...

post a video of you playing and let’s see if the answer is any clearer!...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    munckee said:
    Every time I look at a Silver Sky I just think it looks like a £100 Chinese knock off badly done strat copy. I presume they are perfectly nice guitars to play but they just look wrong to me. 

Looks like my first ever electric I can’t remember the brand it was all black with a similar headstock.  
    The Star Force guitars whacked a 3 aside headstock on T and S shaped instruments although the shape was more offset with an eye threatening point. I think they were 1990s? Certainly from afar the Silver Skys have that found it in a junk shop aesthetic but not in a cool way nor do I think that's what PRS intended. 
    Again, probably lovely up close and great instruments and I'm sure I'd go oh I get it if I had one but I always have an oh is that it moment when I see one on youtube.
    My money might run to an SE one if those existed, go on PRS make some SEs and prove me wrong...  
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12354
    munckee said:

The Star Force guitars whacked a 3 aside headstock on T and S shaped instruments although the shape was more offset with an eye threatening point. I think they were 1990s? Certainly from afar the Silver Skys have that found it in a junk shop aesthetic but not in a cool way nor do I think that's what PRS intended. 
    Again, probably lovely up close and great instruments and I'm sure I'd go oh I get it if I had one but I always have an oh is that it moment when I see one on youtube.
    My money might run to an SE one if those existed, go on PRS make some SEs and prove me wrong...  
    that’s what it was!  I traded it against and epiphone les Paul special ii. I got £10 for it and the shop owner said he was doing me a favour by destroying it. 
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    Rabs said:
    Dont worry, one of Janie's henchmen will soon have this video taken down.....

And yeah.. If we were only able to buy nice guitars compared to our playing ability id be on an Epiphone copy  :D 
    Whereas I would be aspiring towards a Glarry.  =)  
  • tsj93tsj93 Frets: 56
    imagine if this bloke turned around and started laughing at our bank balances
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5754
    I believe you should always mock the afflicted. This is because I’m very often the afflicted and if you can’t laugh at yourself, you could be taking yourself too seriously. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    tsj93 said:
    Mine's 5 figures, laugh it up all you like.

edited March 2021
    Fishboy7 said:
    I quite fancy one of those silver skys now, but hated them when they came it.
    I just bought one and have been listening to them on YouTube which is why this video popped up in my YouTube feed I guess.

I think Kevin's a bit of a legend, his acoustic stuff is pretty good and he sings along.

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5754
    tsj93 said:
    As is mine!!

Our decimal points might be a few places separated though  :3
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1560
    There's something quite charming about that, as he seems quite taken with what he is doing (and his playing gets more relaxed and natural during the clip). 

Looks like a matching PRS cap too; he is a true believer.

One day when I am feeling super confident, I will post a video playing G and A chords for 10 minutes.

Gotta say I am jealous of the weather - looks lovely !
  • Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 604
    tsj93 said:

Don`t get the hate (am at work so haven`t watched the video) so he made a video, putting himself out there? And?

Let`s see, my bank balance is depressingly close to 0 much of the time (I blame my house) but I do not begrudge someone having a nice guitar and playing it. Or more money. He seems to be enjoying himself in a way that hurts no one.

I mean, this forum................. The squillions of pounds worth of kit I see floating about and NGDs etc! If i felt envious or bad about it rather than finding it interesting to see and hear kit I am never going to be able to afford I would have the accident with my chainsaw that is always a little too close for comfort (that is because I have limited talent!).

I am lucky enough to have a couple of US Fenders that far outstrip my ability and talent. Should I feel ashamed or embaressed because of that?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7326
    edited March 2021
    You don't wish to be cruel, but you've selected a random Youtube video that isn't even boasting about playing ability, and then posted it to a guitar forum why exactly? I can't tell if there's something I'm missing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    DefaultM said:
    You don't wish to be cruel, but you've selected a random Youtube video that isn't even boasting about playing ability, and then posted it to a guitar forum why exactly? I can't tell if there's something I'm missing.
    Because I'm a bit of a cunt? either that or I just found it very, very slightly amusing. It's one or the other or both.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    Sounds ok to me. Don't be a prick! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1343
    edited March 2021
    DefaultM said:
    Because I'm a bit of a cunt? either that or I just found it very, very slightly amusing. It's one or the other or both.
    Of course in all seriousness it is a little amusing..