I know you shouldn't laugh but...

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2954
    Bigsby said:

Wow, is it really that difficult to understand the relevance of context, or are you working hard at 

Wow. Is it really that difficult to understand that this post attracted a lot of flags and a good number of members didn’t like it, or are you working hard at being argumentative?

Obviously it's not difficult to understand that - I've actually read the topic in full. Believe it or not, that's why I ended up posting.

I'm working hard at providing a perspective that is being missed; it's not simply a case of being amused by the standard of someone's playing, nor the fact that they've chosen to make it public, nor the fact that they own an expensive and hard-to-obtain guitar, nor is it just about the style in which they have packed all these and other elements together in one potentially mildly amusing video. 

If trying to provide a different perspective to yours is considered being argumentative here, so be it.

I'll shut up and let you carry on being outraged.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Bigsby said:
    Bigsby said:

Wow, is it really that difficult to understand the relevance of context, or are you working hard at 

Wow. Is it really that difficult to understand that this post attracted a lot of flags and a good number of members didn’t like it, or are you working hard at being argumentative?

Obviously it's not difficult to understand that - I've actually read the topic in full. Believe it or not, that's why I ended up posting.

I'm working hard at providing a perspective that is being missed; it's not simply a case of being amused by the standard of someone's playing, nor the fact that they've chosen to make it public, nor the fact that they own an expensive and hard-to-obtain guitar, nor is it just about the style in which they have packed all these and other elements together in one potentially mildly amusing video. 

If trying to provide a different perspective to yours is considered being argumentative here, so be it.

Thanks.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Bigsby said:

You are allowed to post on here without having to end every comment with a comment like that.. but you knew that already. 

Anyway, I’m not outraged. I’m making a suggestion that others don’t find it funny as a reflection of the flags. That’s what I’m here to do. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18814
    edited March 2021
    ^ Wow, people actually went to the effort of flagging comments in this thread ?
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    People flag all sorts of stuff, all the time. 
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Flagged
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    Bigsby said:

Eh? So the OP is laughing at the guy in the video’s ability to own a rare and expensive guitar that the OP has just bought himself?

In which case the OP makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    Wow, is it really that difficult to understand the relevance of context, or are you working hard at it?

...there is something about this vid that really tickles me, proudly owning a PSR Silver Sky Nebular certainly hasn't made him...

"there is something in this vid" is not the same as "this guys playing", the latter being merely one element that alone, or in a different context, would not be able to tickle to quite the same degree. Had he filmed himself in a room playing a Strat (or less rare and sought after Silver Sky) I doubt this topic would exist, as there'd be little in it to be amused by.

(I obviously can't speak for the OP, but they've been here a while, and YouTube has plenty of videos of not-so-great playing, I don't recall seeing the OP sharing or commenting before, so I guess the context here might just be slightly different, no?)

If he’s doing as you say, he’s done it in a way that isn’t obvious to most here. Granted, it’s another way of reading it, but I doubt he was being quite that subtle or obtuse. Besides which, he’s slated playing he doesn’t like before so it’s not exactly out of form. It’s ok though as he’s just enriching the character of his internet persona  =)
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    It’s ok though as he’s just enriching the character of his internet persona  =)
    Which is a massive bell end... a five figure bell end in fact!...
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2954
    If he’s doing as you say, he’s done it in a way that isn’t obvious to most here. 
    Sure, that's exactly the reason I posted comments here.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14447
    Flagg has been flagged?

This sets a dangerous precedent. Before you know it, Kitty will have been frisked, poo will have been potted and I will have undergone a prostate examination.  :o
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited March 2021
    There's an angry mob gathering outside as I type this, so incensed with moral outrage that they are resorting to unimaginative and poorly thought out insults, I fear I will have to flee the country before they burn the building, either that or just stay in bed today and masturbate while watching Homes Under The Hammer.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Can't say I blame you, that Martin Roberts is well lush.
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1561
    Now I am getting nostalgic for Cash In The Attic.

• liamonliamon Frets: 103
    There's an angry mob gathering outside as I type this, so incensed with moral outrage that they are resorting to unimaginative and poorly thought out insults, I fear I will have to flee the country before they burn the building, either that or just stay in bed today and masturbate while watching Homes Under The Hammer.
    Quite hard to keep up to the high standards of imaginative and well-thought-out content you continue to gift the forum. 
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10285

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom