Comments

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11894
    I'd prefer to look like the one on the right though
    I'd then work my way to somewhere in between

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    edited March 2021
    Not a hair between them.

I don't like either. I honestly don't like that unnatural gym bod.
    I've put a bit of weight on over the last year or so but still have some muscle from working physical jobs. I don't have a six pack like that though.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9715
    I'm closer to the one on the right albeit without the six pack, but I'm naturally that shape and I don't do gym or anything like that as I'm a lazy bastard. I used to swim a lot when younger which I think shaped me this way a bit - big shoulders, small waist, strong legs. It makes buying shirts and trousers a bit difficult.
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4135
    edited March 2021
    I'd like to be a couple of inches taller and a lot thinner. Can't do anything about the former.

But am working on the latter. 15kg down over the last year, lots left to do. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    I’ll probably get laughed at for saying it, but I look like the guy on the right. I’m probably actually a bit leaner.  

I think I’ve mostly got lucky with good genetics. I do exercise a few times a week, but for less than an hour. Intensity and consistency are the big keys. 

I’m not that careful with what I eat or drink, but I keep an eye on both. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    If I could look like the bloke on the right whilst living like the bloke on the left...
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    edited March 2021
    It’s not like the guy on the right is extreme. 
    Most of the guys I train BJJ with are similar and they don’t starve themselves, they just do regular exercise involving the core.  They are in their 20’s and early 30’s though whereas I’m 43

I currently look more like the guy on the left but once I get back to BJJ (hopefully June) I’ll be back to being somewhere in the middle of the two images. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    CHRISB50 said:
    I’ll probably get laughed at for saying it, but I look like the guy on the right. I’m probably actually a bit leaner.  

I think I’ve mostly got lucky with good genetics. I do exercise a few times a week, but for less than an hour. Intensity and consistency are the big keys. 

How old are you ?

It's a lot easier when you are young.  Once you get past 40 your metabolism seems to slow down, and weight goes on very easily.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    I'm closer to the one on the right albeit without the six pack, but I'm naturally that shape and I don't do gym or anything like that as I'm a lazy bastard. I used to swim a lot when younger which I think shaped me this way a bit - big shoulders, small waist, strong legs. It makes buying shirts and trousers a bit difficult.
    Can we meet ?
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9715
    Dominic said:
    Can we meet ?
    Not tonight, Josephine
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2593
    I don't get the mystery.  In my experience most women over the age of about 20 have decided that guys who are vain about their appearance are bad bets. So a body that looks gym-toned becomes a negative sign.

“To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    I always thought Clint Eastwood had a good body when he was young. 
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    crunchman said:
    CHRISB50 said:

How old are you ?

It's a lot easier when you are young.  Once you get past 40 your metabolism seems to slow down, and weight goes on very easily.
    I’m almost 43. 

I’ve noticed beer and bad food has more of an effect these days, but I was never a massive drinker / eater anyway, so it’s not been a huge issue. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• BrioBrio Frets: 1830
    Can I look like Margot Robbie please?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Back when the gyms were open, all the wonderfully toned women had wonderfully toned boyfriends. I'm guessing that what you aim for personally defines what type of girl you can pull. Having said that, I'm probably talking out of my arse as usual. 
  • NeillNeill Frets: 941
    edited March 2021
    axisus said:
    Back when the gyms were open, all the wonderfully toned women had wonderfully toned boyfriends. I'm guessing that what you aim for personally defines what type of girl you can pull. Having said that, I'm probably talking out of my arse as usual. 

I'm not so sure, a lot of the really stunning girls I was at school with ended up with very plain even downright ugly blokes, but I have this theory that what women want above everything else is a handy guy. Being able to stick up a few shelves or fix a leaky tap is worth more than a 6 pack.

What does mystify me is why ugly overweight politicians often have really attractive wives/girlfriends.  I mean, if you were a girl, what in the world would you find appealing about Boris Johnson..?  

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4512
    Neill said:

What does mystify me is why ugly overweight politicians often have really attractive wives/girlfriends.  I mean, if you were a girl, what in the world would you find appealing about Boris Johnson..?  
    "What first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?"
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LogieLogie Frets: 443
    edited March 2021
    Right.
    I think most men would want a body like that ( if it came without the effort )  and most women would want a man with a body like that.
    I think it's bollocks to suggest otherwise ( just my opinion)
    It's not like he's pumped like a bodybuilder. He's just lean from exercise and you can maintain something akin to that with an hour or so of exercise 5 days a week and not shoving a galaxy bar down your throat every 30 minutes. 
    Especially if you're sub 40 as other people here have suggested. 
    Ask a woman what she looks for in a man and I doubt toddler belly is top of the list. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    I don't get the mystery.  In my experience most women over the age of about 20 have decided that guys who are vain about their appearance are bad bets. So a body that looks gym-toned becomes a negative sign.

You don’t have to be vain to be in shape, I’ll grant you that lots of blokes are both vain and in shape, but there’s plenty who are not.

And you don’t have to be in shape just to appeal to the opposite sex. I’m in a 20 year plus relationship and want to be fit for myself. 

We have so much information available to us now about the harm to our wellbeing that poor life choices make, I don’t think it’s unnatural or vain to want to be in shape, do your best to keep heath scares away and why not look good.

I’m somewhere in the middle I guess - but closer to the left than the right, but I’m in the process of undoing 20 odd years of neglect. I’m in my early 40s, with work and family commitments so it’s doubtful I’ll ever be ripped like the one on the right. But I’d rather aim for that. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    Either would be fine, as my current look is more 'burst mattress'.
    Call me Dave.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom