Which would you prefer to look like?

What's Hot

Comments

• I think if you want to see what men would look like as nature intended you can look at people who live as hunters like the himba.

Generally they are pretty low body fat with pronounced abs and pecs but not stupidly shredded.
    Exactly.

The guy on the right isn't hench as fuck or stupidly shredded. That'd be this:

Now that, I think, is impressive. Totally overkill, but impressive nonetheless.

The original guy?? Just a regular dude that takes care of himself. The fatty on the left? He's a complacent arsehole who wants to die early.

I was getting to that stage. I've pulled back from the brink now, but still a lot to do. Fundamentally though, I have a laziness problem. At least I can admit it.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1578
    I think if you want to see what men would look like as nature intended you can look at people who live as hunters like the himba.

Generally they are pretty low body fat with pronounced abs and pecs but not stupidly shredded.
    If you lived in a sub-tropical desert region possibly. If you lived off a diet of whale and seal meat and existed in perpetual sub-zero conditions North of the Artic circle, perhaps different ?
  • AK99 said:
    I think if you want to see what men would look like as nature intended you can look at people who live as hunters like the himba.

If you lived in a sub-tropical desert region possibly. If you lived off a diet of whale and seal meat and existed in perpetual sub-zero conditions North of the Artic circle, perhaps different ?
    You're gonna make me google 'naked inuit' aren't you....

Bye!

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeillNeill Frets: 941
    Logie said:
    Right.
    I think most men would want a body like that ( if it came without the effort )  and most women would want a man with a body like that.
    I think it's bollocks to suggest otherwise ( just my opinion)
    It's not like he's pumped like a bodybuilder. He's just lean from exercise and you can maintain something akin to that with an hour or so of exercise 5 days a week and not shoving a galaxy bar down your throat every 30 minutes. 
    Especially if you're sub 40 as other people here have suggested. 
    Ask a woman what she looks for in a man and I doubt toddler belly is top of the list. 

I agree, but t's not about the look is it. 

Any doctor will tell you, carrying fat around your vital organs is not good for your long term health.  You'll get away with it for a while but eventually something will give.  Belly fat is a common factor among all my friends who have serious health issues, and all those who have died early.

Making excuses for it is bad enough, but trying to argue that it's somehow desirable is just irresponsible.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    AK99 said:
    I did that..but decided none of the images helped make the case.. :)
  • AK99 said:
    AK99 said:
    I did that..but decided none of the images helped make the case.. :)
    All I could find were articles on their high-fat diets; a sort of paleo or keto deal. Chances are under those eight million layers of pet sea urchin flesh, they're probably wirey and skinny. Honestly hard to say!

Bye!

• WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
    edited March 2021
    So I just showed the missus, I covered the text and asked her which is nicer.

And she went "what? Erm... what's going on? Is that you???? Wait... no.... erm... yeah, the one on the right."

Thanks for that wife.

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822

Exactly.

The guy on the right isn't hench as fuck or stupidly shredded. That'd be this:

Now that, I think, is impressive. Totally overkill, but impressive nonetheless.

The original guy?? Just a regular dude that takes care of himself. The fatty on the left? He's a complacent arsehole who wants to die early.

I was getting to that stage. I've pulled back from the brink now, but still a lot to do. Fundamentally though, I have a laziness problem. At least I can admit it.

You don't see the difference between tribesmen and the the guy in the pick?
  • Don't think you've read that post properly Dave.

Bye!

The first pic.
  • WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
    edited March 2021
    The first pic.
    You're over-egging how hyped and shredded the first guy is. He really isn't. Apart from the dietary requirements to get a 6-pack, the rest of him is easily attainable by most average blokes. We just need to have some discipline, and we don't. Because we live in a fast-food junk commodity society that bribes us into complacency and laziness.

Bye!

edited March 2021
    Speak for yourself. 

I said he looked unnatural, that's all.
  • Bye!

• I said he looked unnatural, that's all.
    Yeah, and I'm saying compared to what? He looks pretty natural compared to the fat bastard in the first picture, and also compared to the super shredded workout-a-holic-lives-at-the-gym Athlean-X.

Bye!

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    AK99 said:
     Getting to the guy on the right just looks like a lot of time, effort and not a lot of fun.
    The guy on the right looks to me like a typical 'gym-bunny'. Too low a body fat content for comfort/health, over developed pecs, and not enough muscle round his core for any real  power or strength. Would look good in a t-shirt, but fk'all use if you needed him :)

The other chap does seem to look about 6 months pregnant though .. 
    I’m curious what your needs are?

Do you have a specific use for strong powerful at the core young men?
    Previously known as stevebrum
    Iamnobody said:
    AK99 said:
     Getting to the guy on the right just looks like a lot of time, effort and not a lot of fun.
    The guy on the right looks to me like a typical 'gym-bunny'. Too low a body fat content for comfort/health, over developed pecs, and not enough muscle round his core for any real  power or strength. Would look good in a t-shirt, but fk'all use if you needed him :)

The other chap does seem to look about 6 months pregnant though .. 
    I’m curious what your needs are?

Do you have a specific use for strong powerful at the core young men?
    Let's talk. You have pm .. :)
  • 'kin hell. I've inadvertently created the first tFB grindathon!!

Bye!

Yeah, and I'm saying compared to what? He looks pretty natural compared to the fat bastard in the first picture, and also compared to the super shredded workout-a-holic-lives-at-the-gym Athlean-X.

Maybe you need to read my comments again. 
  • I guess you're gonna need to explain it to me. I'm not getting it.

All I know is, that fit guy in the first post is absolutely obtainable for most of us, if we put in the work. Which in reality doesn't extend much past not filling our faces with beer and cookies every single night.

I fucking love beer and cookies though, so....

Bye!

• First lockdown I was closer to the dude on the right, then I injured my arm, fell into my usual depressive state and I now aspire to look like the guy on the left.