Football - Euro 2020 Championship

What's Hot

Comments

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    p90fool said:

Reliving past World Cup glories are one thing, but anyone who stood on a rainy terrace at Ninian Park with me for Cardiff City vs Port Vale in 1975 would probably not be so nostalgic about it. 
    Fucking brilliant game that! World class players everywhere!

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • May be an image of 2 people and text that says Lucy NHS Mylastrollo Football hasnt lived in England for over fifty years It cant expect to return and still call England its home If it tries will deport it she told us dailysquatcom Priti Patel waiting for football to try and come home so she can deport it

;)

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2864
    Maidenhead vs Hornchurch round about 1981, 0-0 draw, most miserable I have ever been, other than Snowy White at the Dominion in 1984 (?) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited July 2021
    My first ever game was a rainy evening game at Selhurst. Palace 0 - 0 Ipswich. 

Was instantly hooked on the sights, sounds and smells of footy. I became a season ticket holder at 13, right up til I was 28 and followed Palace home and away, clocking up thousands of miles per season and going to over 100 grounds. 

Premier league era changed a lot for me, and it's never been the same since Sky ruined Saturday afternoon at 3pm. My season ticket went from £260 paid monthly DD to ridiculous in a few years. 

*this nostalgia rant was brought to you by a child of the 80s* 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1423
    Anyone here ever been in a firm?
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8221
    Who wants to know?  :#
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16423
    When I was a young man I did an Outward Bound course and the group included temporary release prisoners who had been involved in football violence, not sure if they were called Firms in those days but it was something on the news every night and they had some horrific stories ( I worked in an admin office so it seemed horrific at the time to me anyway). 
    By the time I came to work in court in the mid 90s a lot of it had died down ( after the 1989 reforms) and never something I had much to do with. I remember we had a student on placement who wanted to follow every football violence case and got nothing. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3511
    Philly Q is an accountant.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    You’ve not lived til you’ve been to Morecambe on a Saturday afternoon in November and watched “football”
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Apparently nearly 3 billion quid is to be poured into the UK economy as a result of food an drink sales today alone. Fingers crossed some of the pubs who have had it rough the last year and a half get to recoup a bit of their losses back.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10398
    Someone I know was when he was younger. He's still not allowed to travel abroad when England are playing and he has a lifetime ban to lots of stadiums. Works in the NHS now if you can believe it. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12601
    The modern vs old football debate, I’m a Pompey fan - to be honest other than Beckenbauer, Ball and maybe Bobby Charlton the rest of the players in 66 wouldn’t make the Pompey team. 
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    edited July 2021
    Birmingham City v Aston Villa, February 1968. Blues won 2-1. Hooked ever since. Thought it was always going to be that good. Mind you, I was a particularly stupid child.
    Call me Dave.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    My first game was Arsenal West Ham circa 77 at the old Highbury. I remember walking through the ground to where we were (kids area right at the front near the Clock End) and was amazed at the colour and lushness of the grass on the pitch.  Highbury was a great stadium .   I also remember watching a 3rd round League Cup 2nd replay between Arsenal and Liverpool in 89, and watched the whole game hanging off a chain link fence separating the north bank from the corner terrace .  Went to Extra Time too !

In the first game, my idol Mervyn Day, made a fabulous leaping twisting save to top the ball over the bar, and I was waiting for the “Action Replay”,  which as the older of you will remember there were no such things as screens and replays at live matches 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14836
    tFB Trader
    so 3 at the back with Trippier in for Saka/Sancho - So assume Mount is part of the front 3 with Sterling/Kane

Effectively 3-4-3 which can equate to 5 - 2 - 3 as required in defence, without the ball, then 3-2-5 on the attack with the 2 wing backs offering width + support

I would imagine Mount/Sterling to be flexible, as to play wide + narrow as required so at times 5-4-1 and 5-2-2-1 at times 
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    so 3 at the back with Trippier in for Saka/Sancho - So assume Mount is part of the front 3 with Sterling/Kane

Effectively 3-4-3 which can equate to 5 - 2 - 3 as required in defence, without the ball, then 3-2-5 on the attack with the 2 wing backs offering width + support

I would imagine Mount/Sterling to be flexible, as to play wide + narrow as required so at times 5-4-1 and 5-2-2-1 at times 
    I genuinely hope not because its such a negative formation and it feels like its there to stop Italy rather than facilitating England's team.

Sadly I bet its spot on 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Aaaaargggghhhhhhh   I think we get successful when we have 2 people running at defences.  When it’s only sterling I feel it’s easy to defend.  Trippier isn’t going to do it, Walker won’t do it the 2 times he normally does because he’s now a centre back.

I think we need to hope that Sterling is on the right, and Shaw runs down the left instead of stopping and passing backwards with his right foot.  If Sterling and Shaw are on the same side I’m worreid

BUT
    i don’t know as much about football as Gareth 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581

I genuinely hope not because its such a negative formation and it feels like its there to stop Italy rather than facilitating England's team.

Sadly I bet its spot on 
    Its the starting line up. This isn’t like England of old - the formation will change when it needs to
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2011
    just to harden yourself for things to come

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13052
    Regardless of result, good luck to the emergency services tonight... you'll need it. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom