Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NAD- Victory V30 Countess!

What's Hot

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3308
    That's absolutely crazy.  So every UK owner is from Andertons?   If the owners club on Facebook is anything to go by I'd say "The Captain" will be laughing. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Saying that, 41 members???

I thought there was way more than that....maybe I was thinking of Cornford...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4308
    edited August 2014
    leerocker said:
    Deijavoo said:
    100%?¿?¿
    Yup every one of them came back, mine being one of them as well.
    I did have it on good authority but was shocked that it was that bad!
  • Deijavoo said:
    That's absolutely crazy.  So every UK owner is from Andertons?   If the owners club on Facebook is anything to go by I'd say "The Captain" will be laughing. 
    I'm a member of that group and if the poll at the top of the page is anything to go by ,then there are only 24 amps kicking around that group!
  • According to the poll, nobody has bought the Silverback!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1279
    and that's allegedly the best one!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just lifted the paragraph below from FB. Apparently the V100 is no longer known as ' The Duke'. More problems for Mr Kidd.

Believe this is due to an existing software amp by Scuffham already being called "The Duke" - It's a good software amp as well if anyone is interested see here -

http://www.scuffhamamps.com/product/amplifiers/the-duke
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Wow I read all that and googled it to find it was £799 wow it looks quite cheap and nasty for that kind of dough
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    edited August 2014
    capo4th said:
    Wow I read all that and googled it to find it was £799 wow it looks quite cheap and nasty for that kind of dough
    A few weeks ago I think someone asked if the Bogner Atma is worth twice as much as the V30 (to be specfiically, it 's £600 more, not £800) as their spec are quite close on paper.

All the users feedback on TGP so far is that the Atma kicks arse.  The V30 sucks arse....i guess it is worth £600 more !
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • firks91firks91 Frets: 104
    The Cornford went over 3 years ago to pay towards my divorce along with half of my other gear. You did ask ;)

Wanted something smaller now with 'that' tone and thought Martin had got it bang on with this new line but unfortunately not.

The quest goes on. I'd have an Mk50 mk11 again but the clean is awful on that amp.
    i thought the cleans were nice. i really didnt like the distortion on the overdrive boost, on the mk50ii
  • firks91firks91 Frets: 104
    leerocker;311280" said:
    Fortheloveofguitar said:

Another thing that I find annoying with the Victory range is the cheap look of the foot switches.

For £1500+ for the large heads you'd think they'd spend a few quid having them powder coated with the writing on it. Instead it's just a universal black box with really shitty labels stuck on and in most cases from what I've seen on FB they're on the piss.

Thats exactly what i thought when i bought the v100. 3 separate footswitches for the amp , apparently they did this to keep the cost down, For the life of me i dont understand why they didnt carry on with the mk50ii style footswitch which was perfect, Id be suprised if victory are still going in a couple of years at this rate ,Everyone i know whos played or owned one preferred cornford gear.
    3 separate foot switches. That is crazy.

Talk about cutting corners on an amp of that price. I don't understand why they did that. The Cornford gear was billed as 'Boutique' amp tone with the whole prestige guff around it. But with Victory it's all looking a bit tacky and low brow but still with the same price tag

I heard through the grapevine that Peach stopped stocking Victory as they had a 100% return rate. Don't know how true that is.
    thats not quite right about peach because i know of 2 guys that never returned them....but have since tried and failed to sell them haha. but no doubt the majority were returned, i returned mine!
  • It definitely wasn't a 100% return rate
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • peachguitarsdotcom;312547" said:
    It definitely wasn't a 100% return rate
    But not far off ;)
  • Blimey, I must be one of the few Victory owners who actually likes their amp then. There is no doubt my amp (V50) is quite dark sounding but then again I've never had any problem with it cutting through in a band mix. Horses for courses maybe.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I still fancy trying one but as I live nowhere near Guildford I have very little chance just now  
  • guitargeeksimon;312780" said:
    Blimey, I must be one of the few Victory owners who actually likes their amp then. There is no doubt my amp (V50) is quite dark sounding but then again I've never had any problem with it cutting through in a band mix. Horses for courses maybe.
    So you're 'The one' that kept one then >:D<

• guitargeeksimon;312780" said:
    Blimey, I must be one of the few Victory owners who actually likes their amp then. There is no doubt my amp (V50) is quite dark sounding but then again I've never had any problem with it cutting through in a band mix. Horses for courses maybe.
    So you're 'The one' that kept one then >:D
    Looks like it ;-)

• dindudedindude Frets: 8630
    Cap't lee here reckons the V30 is one of his best sellers, sold 25 to 30 of them.

Not a fan of the sound myself in this vid.

• FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4308
    edited August 2014
    dindude;313080" said:
    Cap't lee here reckons the V30 is one of his best sellers, sold 25 to 30 of them.

Not a fan of the sound myself in this vid.

I would say the Captain's talking rubbish.

Also the video is typical Andertons style in that they make everything sound pants.

The amp doesn't sound that bad in the flesh.
  • stedsted Frets: 259
    I like Chappers and Lee but that demo sounded awful for that thing.

I'd still like to try one though, see for myself.