Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NAD- Victory V30 Countess!

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3308
    Nice. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7406
    @Deijavoo - I bought a Kingsley Jouster and I'm hitting the front of it with a reissue TS9 and an Effectrode Comp.

Somebdy somewhere must make an amp called the Bishop...??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

I think a company called 'Harold' makes one...
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3308
    I don't think the amps sounds bad at all here on this new(ish) demo.

• Deijavoo;341571" said:
    I don't think the amps sounds bad at all here on this new(ish) demo.

Nah it's a very shite amp indeed. :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GruGru Frets: 339
    dindude;313080" said:
    Cap't lee here reckons the V30 is one of his best sellers, sold 25 to 30 of them.

Not a fan of the sound myself in this vid.

Marketing I guess. You tell your audience that something is selling well to create hype.

• Fortheloveofguitar;20826" said:
    Well i finally pulled the trigger yesterday and donated a large sum of money to 'The Captains' coffers.

Bought a Victory V30 Countess and a BB Preamp pedal as well.

Only arrived a few hrs ago so only had a quick bash on it. Its got a shit load of gain on it and is in classic rock territory at just number 2 on the overdrive gain knob. By the time you get to 3/4 it becomes well muddy but i wouldn't want to run it that high anyway.

Is a darker sounding overdrive compared to the old Cornford amps though not as dark as my old carvin legacy head. Using with a 2x12 cab loaded with V30's i'm thinking its too dark for me. Lead tones sound nice but rhythm playing sounds too dark so may have to look at a speaker swap if i keep the amp. Any suggestions for a better speaker would be grateful?

The clean is nice but not Fender sparkling clean but is still very usable and so much better than the clean channel from the old Cornford MK5011, that was a god awful clean channel to my ears.

Not much more to say at the moment but its bloody loud and can only get up to 1 on the master volume before its too loud for my house. Even in 2 Watt mode i can only get it up to number 2.

It needs a proper bash at a rehearsal but i don't have one until next Saturday when i'm auditioning Vocalists and Drummers for a new function band i'm putting together so that will be the yay or nay day!

I can't even imagine what you'd want in a clean channel of you thought the MK50ii's was awful

It sounds like a blackface Twin. What exactly do you want?
  • samzadgan;311083" said:
    Fortheloveofguitar said:

I was fighting with it for hrs trying to find a sweet spot with it. Never got there.

The wow should have been there almost straight out of the box.

thats exactly right...for me, basically, everything at 12 o'clock should be a that amps base tone and if that doesn't come close to what I want to hear, then I wouldn't spend more than 10 with it.

Deijavoo said:

Shows what some post fx can do when YouTube demos are made.

To be honest, none of the video demo's haven done anything for me either...everything i hear online sounds very sterile...they almost sound a bit Blackstar'ish...not saying its bad, just no my cup of tea. Even when they did the Guthrie session...apart from Guthrie sounding like Guthrie and being blown away with his guitar playing, I was never taken by the tone that was coming out of the amps.
    No amp is ever going to do that! Have you even heard of pot tapers?!

My god, I'm away back to tgp

• My god, I'm away back to tgp

After 2 posts?  Looks like you joined specifically for this thread, to say you were going to leave.  

Do you own a Victory amp or are you associated with them? :)

You should stay, other threads are available, nobody needs to join to say they're leaving.  :-S

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • johnonguitarjohnonguitar Frets: 1243
    edited September 2014
    guitarfishbay;347290" said:
    johnonguitar said:My god, I'm away back to tgp

After 2 posts?  Looks like you joined specifically for this thread, to say you were going to leave.  

Do you own a Victory amp or are you associated with them? :)

You should stay, other threads are available, nobody needs to join to say they're leaving.  :-S

Yeah I did join because of the first post in this thread.

I was also being a helluva sarcastic. Reset your sarcasm detector to stun dude ;)

And no I am not have never been affiliated and have not defended ever in anyway Victory amps because I haven't even played any

I have however BOUGHT and owned two MK50's and couldn't possibly hold my tongue while someone calls the clean channel awful. That's just BS. Utter BS. It ain't quite my old Super but it's at least a hired Twin!
  • Welcome to the forum Martin Kidd
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fortheloveofguitar;347392" said:
    Welcome to the forum Martin Kidd

No bother Paul ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7406
    My Cornford RH30C doesn't set my pants on fire for either its (dark) clean or massive Gain... it is somewhere in the middle ranges with the addition of a couple of pedos that gives you a broad smile... 

Sometimes you have to accept that gear doesn't offer 100% all bases covered...

The Guitarist demo sounds OK, but I would have dialled down the saturated gain in that mix, but of course was there to show the extent of the settings... Handy size though for those of us who can't even fart in the back of our jalopies...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>