For those of you that just love a teaser campaign - new Suhr Discovery Analogue Delay

What's Hot

Comments

• spirit7spirit7 Frets: 338
    £529. Lol.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    dindude said:
    It’s a bit like the Eventide Rose for me, it’s so near to being straight up simple with but with lots of ability to tweak but then becomes too fiddly on presets and expression pedal set up, and etc. Who the hell needs 127 presets when then knob positions don’t change and you can’t name them you’d have to have an epic memory - give me 5 presets with 5 top panel buttons to access them. 
    But this does have 5 presets and two buttons to access them……….
    Dunno, preset implementation looks clunky to me compared with how easy the rest of it is. 

Give me 5 presets each with an led button - the lit button represents which one your on, you tweak the knobs - you like it you press Save, you don’t like it then you don’t press save.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I DGAF about stereo quite honestly. I've never used it outside of a DAW, even with dual-amp rigs.

Show me another analog delay with direct access to low-cut and high-cut knobs, a built in limiter to make sure oscillations don't go too crazy, and expression pedal control over all of the knobs, and I'll pre-order that one too! :lol:

Bye!

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

The Vapor Trail Deluxe linked to in the same article looks interesting, more mm price point and a bit simpler, looks good.
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    Good features. 
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 920
    edited July 2021
    Question: are all analogue delays designed by Howard Davis? Other than the original Memory Man, there's this Suhr, the Supro, The Xvive, the Pigtronix... 

EDIT: oh, maybe this Suhr is the exception, sure I'd read that somewhere but can't find it now. Ignore me.

SECOND EDIT: the J Rockett one. Mixing up my new analogue delay threads. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Gassage said:
    I must say, for the price, and the size, it ought to be Stereo.

On paper it has the same BB MN3005 chip as the RKM Tonal Recall too, same 1100ms delay time.  Smaller footprint.

Is it not stereo? Boo hiss. 

I don't think so, the new GFI Skylar in half the size for £200 is Stereo.
    That's a digital reverb pedal though right?
    I am more referring to the fact that they fit it in a smaller enclosure rather than digital/analogue. 

Unless there is a specific restriction that to get Stereo for analogue you need even larger enclosure?
    The Orca is the GFI delay, seems a very neat package…

https://youtu.be/WmgpNvkt_Fc
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    I'm very interested in this.
  • Gassage said:
    Gassage said:
    I must say, for the price, and the size, it ought to be Stereo.

On paper it has the same BB MN3005 chip as the RKM Tonal Recall too, same 1100ms delay time.  Smaller footprint.

Is it not stereo? Boo hiss. 

I don't think so, the new GFI Skylar in half the size for £200 is Stereo.

Future Factory is the one to beat. Amazing.

Or my old Chandler rack unit ;)
    Lol, both a bit big, I am looking to get a Specular Tempus for my Nano.

Specular Tempus: Dimensions: 12 (L) x 9 (W) x 5.5 (H) cm
    Future Factory Dimensions: 145.4 (W) x 120.5 (D) x 60 (H) mm

Not a million miles apart. The FF is very small for it's featureset. Every cm counts, I guess :-)

Back on topic, I've been watching videos of this Suhr thing all morning, such a shame because it's very gas inducing.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pedalopedalo Frets: 178
    Has anyone got one of these yet? How is it working out?
  • They've not arrived yet. I cancelled my pre-order, but thinking of putting another one in. Can't make my mind up really.

Bye!

• They've not arrived yet. I cancelled my pre-order, but thinking of putting another one in. Can't make my mind up really.
    I think it looks great. If I wasn’t so wedded to the Moog I’d be all over it. 
  • I was about to comment on the high price but I’ve got a Chase Bliss Thermae arriving tomorrow  =)
  • russpmrusspm Frets: 443
    Still waiting, delayed (ahem) due to materials not being available. Strange as when I contacted Suhr initially they said they were being shipped to UK dealers. I don’t know of any UK dealer that has actually had one. Clearer comms from Suhr would have been much appreciated.
  • russpmrusspm Frets: 443
    Mine had finally arrived! I can’t try it until weekend though. Looking forward to giving it a run out.
  • keirkeir Frets: 137
    This looks epic and a bit more user friendly preset-wise than chase bliss delays. Also from what I’ve read - higher headroom and a different flavour of modulation. 

I have a Chase Bliss TR RKM but would like to try this to compare them. I think the RKM will only go up in value now so would probably sell for close to retail meaning you could swap them out for not much extra expense. 
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
  • I really want to try one of these. Hoping they get a little cheaper once they're in reguar circulation
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • russpm said:
    Mine had finally arrived! I can’t try it until weekend though. Looking forward to giving it a run out.
    Russ, any updates ? :)
  • keirkeir Frets: 137
    Anyone managed to get hold of one of these yet? I don’t need one but I definitely want one…
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom