Have Line6 lost the plot?

What's Hot
14567810»

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I have noticed the overdrive thing, but haven't really noticed the tone suck.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    joeyowen said:
    And as for breaking 3 DD20s? What are you stomping them with? Dark Matter? ha
    All three burnt out. Within a week. Seriously! No problems with the RE-20, no problems with any other pedals. 

wierd, not like Boss to be fair.Reliability seems to be their top selling thing

Drew_fx said:
    What's wrong with the bypass on the phase 90?
    I've owned 3, and all 3 have destroyed my tone.  I'm not a tone chaser, I care, but not like a certain Forum.  It was dull and lifeless, kinda like the hair in a shampoo commercial before they use said product ;)

Only now that Mooer/Joyo are cloning so cheap with TB, MXR are now re-releasing a believe with TB

(I've never owned a script one though, maybe it's just the cheap m101)
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    joeyowen said:
    And as for breaking 3 DD20s? What are you stomping them with? Dark Matter? ha
    All three burnt out. Within a week. Seriously! No problems with the RE-20, no problems with any other pedals. 

wierd, not like Boss to be fair.Reliability seems to be their top selling thing

Drew_fx said:
    What's wrong with the bypass on the phase 90?
    I've owned 3, and all 3 have destroyed my tone.  I'm not a tone chaser, I care, but not like a certain Forum.  It was dull and lifeless, kinda like the hair in a shampoo commercial before they use said product ;)

Only now that Mooer/Joyo are cloning so cheap with TB, MXR are now re-releasing a believe with TB

(I've never owned a script one though, maybe it's just the cheap m101)
  • GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
    I have a DL4 that the switches went iffy on so I replaced them.  The new ones just feel better.  I also used to have a Eventide Timefactor, which did exactly the same thing - iffy tap tempo switch.  When I opened it up I found a spring and little PCB switch just like line 6 use.  I fixed it by rotating the switch contacts 90 degrees, so the less worn out side was making contact.

I never felt I could trust it again though so I sold it.  It seems like a commonly used switch method, and I really hope Strymon have used proper switches.

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

• CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360

Might be missing the original point of the thread but I have been looking for some kind of 'silent' playing setup, so I can play more at home without worrying about disturbing the neighbours, and the Amplifi FX 100 looks good for this.

Admittedly I am an Appleholic so needing iOS isn't such a big deal, although I agree it does seem to narrow the market by not offering an Android/Windows app.

For purely home use as an amp substitute would the Amplifi be a good option or does the POD HD500X have the better modelling sounds?  Anything else I should look at in the similar price range?

• ElxElx Frets: 412
    CHrisP86 said:

Might be missing the original point of the thread but I have been looking for some kind of 'silent' playing setup, so I can play more at home without worrying about disturbing the neighbours, and the Amplifi FX 100 looks good for this.

Admittedly I am an Appleholic so needing iOS isn't such a big deal, although I agree it does seem to narrow the market by not offering an Android/Windows app.

For purely home use as an amp substitute would the Amplifi be a good option or does the POD HD500X have the better modelling sounds?  Anything else I should look at in the similar price range?

You can have it much cheaper... Jamup Pro app on your iOS device. You need an interface though, something like IK Multimedia iRig. Sounds good, doesn't take up too much space, portable and fun...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    HD500 has better modelling but amplifi has more models, which sound decent anyway.
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1772

Ok i'm going to put in my two cents here.........

I've used a Flextone a Duoverb Head a Pod XT Live & an M13 all in a live enviroment. I also have a pocket pod as my 'backup amp' in case of a GOOTS situation.

Other than an LED failing on the Duoverb i've been very happy with all of these products. I'd have kept the M13 if i didn't need the money and every gig I miss it. The only reason for getting rid of the amps was the lure of 'real' valve amps.

It's a huge shame they've not kept up with updates on the M13 & the new amp ranges really do not float my boat. But hey they're trying some new things which might work, but there again they might not. The tone core pedal range was a cracking idea i thought and the Variax is a brilliant idea. Ok the current crop of products might not be as groundbreaking but i do hope they release a new product which will be as groundbreaking as the pod was.

I do really wish they'd stay away from Apple ipad/iphone interfaces. Not all of us have these devices or even desire to have them.

On a related note i had a play with a small line 6 spider amp last night and for home use i thought it was brilliant.

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
    edited August 2014
    I've only ever owned one L6 product and that's the Echo Park. I think it's a superb, underrated pedal.

I should add that I have no statistics to back up my perception of it being underrated. But when analysing the normal distribution of my gut reaction, I find my assertation to be 100% accurate ;-)
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7414
    I loved the echo park but it doesn't play nice being on power supplies with other pedals. You get weird clock artifacts even when bypassed sometime. If they had sorted that out it would have been ace.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12727
    Yes, all the tone core range can suffer from strangeness if used on multi-output power supplies if the outputs aren't isolated. They work fine if the power supplies are isolated; either individual power supply for the Echo Park or if you use something like a Voodoo Labs power supply - its the cheap daisy chains or "Power Brick" supplies that can cause the issues.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.