Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Vibe pedals…

What's Hot
shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
To go with the “do you obsess?” Thread.

I am about to jump right into a Vibe rabbit hole. 

I have a few different vibe pedals incoming over the next month in order to do a bit of a shoot out. 

Sabbidus Funky Vibe
Weaver Violet vibe 
Magma 57 (see how this does as it’s not really a vibe)
Thorpy Doppler (as above)
Deja Vibe
Dry Bell

should be fun!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    Following.

Fancy a violet vibe but builder dude on TGP winds me up a bit which is a silly reason to not try one. The Castledine Supra-Vibe still the best one I have owned. Love the demos I have heard of the Funky Vibe. 

Most interested in the upcoming BMF 915 Vibe. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • dcgdcg Frets: 230
    Shin-Ei Vibe 2: https://shin-ei.com/#vibe-2.  Simply has more complexity, depth, and texture than anything else out there...however (IMHO) the question is - will one ever use the effect often enough to justify the wait/$$$?
  • Dry-Bell fills my vibe needs ... I loved the voodoovibe+ I used to have it was more bassy but occupied half the pedalboard.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1374
    please report back which one is the chewiest!
    edited August 2021
    dcg said:
    Shin-Ei Vibe 2: https://shin-ei.com/#vibe-2.  Simply has more complexity, depth, and texture than anything else out there...

Based on what?

What have you played it against?

I think there's a bunch of Vibes - probably 7-8 of them all the same quality just depending on what you're after. 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    Hopefully I will have a video to demo these. 

I am keen to try the Gypsy Vibe by Pedal Pawn. The demos I find on YouTube seem to be in the whole paid promotion. 

The Funky Vibe I’m looking forward to certainly. 

@Gassage has told me that the Thorpy Doppler will have these beat. I’m ready to be convinced but I think it’s up against some stiff competition. Can a phaser out vibe dedicated vibes? 

I’m looking forward to trying them all though.
    Gassage has my old Retrovibe mk2 which I know he loved so that is high prise for the Doppler. 

• Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    I’ve had a Castledine and now have an Aquavibe from Foxrox. The Castledine sounded marginally better - chewier, darker, more vintage - but was huge and needed 18v. The Aquavibe runs on 9v and is about the same size as a Boss 200 series box. It has a vintage / modern trimmer which would allow me to get closer to the Castledine chew but I like the additional bite and cleaner base tone. 

Worth trying if you can find one.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5162
    I currently Vibe hunting…so watching with interest  :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2021
    shaunm said:

I am keen to try the Gypsy Vibe by Pedal Pawn. 
    Pedal Pawn is the Acoustasonic of pedal brands. Only ever seen being hawked by the b-tier of YT demoers. 

Or 2 months later in the classifieds here. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tone1 said:
    I currently Vibe hunting…so watching with interest  :)

What have you got your eye on?

Has anyone tried the Kingtone vibe? I know it was expensive but it’s compatible to what we are discussing. It’s the size of it that intrigues me with that one as it’s comparatively tiny. 
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5162
    edited August 2021
    shaunm said:
    tone1 said:
    I currently Vibe hunting…so watching with interest 

What have you got your eye on?

Has anyone tried the Kingtone vibe? I know it was expensive but it’s compatible to what we are discussing. It’s the size of it that intrigues me with that one as it’s comparatively tiny. 
    Actually the King tone was one that caught my eye... but rare as rocking horse sh1t and pricey. 

I’ve only ever had a Micro Vibe (which I sold) 

Has to have top mounted jacks and not massive...I’m going to check out the Major’s Gang Banger or whatever it’s called 
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1368
    Effectrode Tube-Vibe.
    Effectrode Tube-Vibe.
    The issue with that is you need a direct line to the national grid to power it. Though it sounds good. It’s quite phaser like from the clips I’ve seen? 

I’ve owned a few Effectrode pedals and I must say they are great.
    @tone1 ive Googled major gang banger and it’s a very different type of vibe 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1559
    edited August 2021
    Owned the Drybell, Deja Vibe and the Magma. Magma is not as thick or throbby as the true vibes. The best true vibe I’ve had was the Jam Retrovibe.
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    Best I’ve tried and the one I’ll probably go for again is the Fulltone mdv-3 (the blue custom shop mini deja vibe that’s built into an expression pedal). I like the fact it can sit off the pedal board like a wah so it can move between boards. It doesn’t colour the base tone too much. Needs an isolated 18v supply though, worked fine off a pp2+ with the voltage doubling cable. It’s also good enough for Trower.

EQD the depths hasnt been mentioned but I found it heavily colours (brightens) the tone, sold mine quickly.
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 366
    The Weaver vibe is fantastic but massive. The Dry Bell is decent, I prefer the sound of the Weaver but the Dry Bell is a fraction of the size and sounds good enough. I didn’t think much of the Fulltone or Doppler. I wouldn’t mind trying one of those Sir Henry vibes at some point.
    edited August 2021
    Had the Drybell twice. It's good enough if you don't use the effect often. The footprint is brilliant. But it's not a patch on the better sounding units. The Retrovibe mk2 is the same price and sounds exponentially better. 

• DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 366
    Funny you say that, a mate of mine has got the Retrovibe. Before I re-bought the Dry Bell last year I was considering checking out the Jam instead and asked him what he thought of it. He wasn’t impressed by it at all and advised me against it. I’m seeing him next weekend so will check it out.