Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Vibe pedals…

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    Just arrived. Initial thoughts are it's a big improvement on the V2. 

Not tweaked any trimmers yet but out of the box I'd say it was in the ballpark of the retrovibe which the V2 never was. 

Will report back properly tomorrow but first signs very encouraging. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Im also ion the market for a Vibe but am currently overwhelmed =(
    Would the Drybell v3 be a good place to start?

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    Absolutely. It's a solid choice - especially if you don't want it taking up your whole pedalboard . 

Had a good play with all the trimmers today and to be honest it sounds best right out of the box. 

I think it's a really solid improvement from the v2. 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • AornicAornic Frets: 476
    I've been playing around with the algorithms in an Eventide H9 and was trying out the vibe (under their phaser section). I have no real point of reference, having never own a univibe pedal let alone a proper one, but it was fun. I ran it into a Phil Robinson Silicon Phuzz for the Hendrix Machine Gun thing. Quite hissy though.
    Love that pink Strat. H9 does a better job than I expected tbf. 

• soma1975 said:
    H9 is pretty solid, and very versatile. Great for MIDI-controlled switcher boards. Love mine.

R.
  • AornicAornic Frets: 476
    soma1975 said:

Yeah. I want to try a V3 Drybell out someday but this will do for now (I rarely use vibe so just dipping my toes into the Hendrix-y thing).
    Vibe Machine V3 update:

Had it a couple of weeks now. Definitely a vast improvement on the V2 and can sound wonderful, but definitely has the same potential for not sounding great because all its controls go above and below trad univibe sounds and it's easy to screw up some of the options if you make big adjustments. 100% one to set with your ears instead of your eyes.

The leslie ramping from a footswitch makes it very versatile.

Currently got it sounding better than my Retrovibe did. 

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    I don't think anyone's mentioned it but Horrothia FX down in Cornwall have just launched a vibe... its not fully on their website yet, but there's some YT stuff about it and on Facebook.

If its as good as the Type 1 (which is f*cking incredible), it'll be well worth checking out.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

Sounds good. 

Vibe Machine v3 gone. 

Violet Vibe in. Signs are positive so far. 

• RokinleeRokinlee Frets: 23
    So far done -

Dls versa vibe : very flexible, probably not a great choice as a first vibe, didn’t like the detuned /pitch shifting sounds it could create at certain settings. Would love to try again one day now that I fully understand the effect. 

Korg Nuvibe : great, especially love the foot switch and heel cancel. At lower volumes benefits from a buffer when running it clean. HUGE 

Gypsy Vibe (today) : Wanted to try a replica model and looking forward to playing it off against the Korg this weekend. Love the way it can be subtle and huge, but still keep your playing dynamics. Smitten. 
    Anyone tried the BMF 915 Vibe yet? 

Great form factor.

• Never getting rid of my MDV-3 deja vibe
  • GimletGimlet Frets: 19
    edited February 2023
    soma1975 said:
    Anyone tried the BMF 915 Vibe yet? 

Great form factor.
    I have a 9v example. Sounds great, comparable to a Castledine I’d say. The phasing doesn’t become too soupy, like being at sea, sloshing around in a septic tank; and the tremolo isn’t chopper extreme, as is the trend with other manufacturers. Could be a touch subtle for some. No internal adjustment is available, all is hidden. Evidently Scott doesn’t want it messed with. 

There’s a good useable range on the intensity and speed, with even sweep and a mild gain boost. No idea if the cancel switch works, I can’t tell the difference. Read somewhere that it’s modelled on a Honey unit, which explains why it compares well to a Surpra-Vibe. 

Humanity. It's not a race, merely a gentle stroll towards the inevitable.