Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Vibe pedals…

What's Hot

Comments

• shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    I didn’t know that. Well if he does that again I’m rich!! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pedalopedalo Frets: 178
    edited August 2021
    I have a black midnight vibe that I bought on impulse in March but I don’t use it and am planning to sell. 

It cost me a lot more than £268 mind! It was $415 pre-customs and £64 for that. 

Will let it got for £350 and throw in a Dunlop plug adapter that I bought for it. 

He seemed like a really nice fella. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yes I guess the exchange rate makes a difference. Mine was $350 which converted to £268. 

I haven’t had the memo for the duty yet
  • Foxrox Aquavibe. Used to have a Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe+, undoubtedly a great pedal but the Aquavibe is smaller and easier to dial in.
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
    I’m really very impressed with the R Weaver Violet Vibe. I’ve had chance to have a good play around with it and it does everything I hoped it would. 

Interestingly I’ve used it here with an Analogman BC183 Sunface and it reacts differently to the Thorpy Veteran 

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6719
    It sounds amazing. Wish it was just a bit bloody smaller. How is your board looking now?
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    @soma1975 great question as I built this last night

https://imgur.com/gallery/AIGjA8M

I picked up a Custom Pedaboards board (which are great). 

I finished that last night and swapped out the Hotcake for a Timmy this morning. 

Thank you for the kind words re the video. In that there’s the Sunface into Vibe into Timmy into the amp. There’s a Strymon Volante and GFI Specular Tempus in the loop. 
    When experimenting at home I've never enjoyed the fuzz into vibe sound (as opposed to vibe into fuzz) but the tones you're getting are nothing like the normal fizz that accompanies that set up. I guess the Timmy is doing a bit of heavy lifting to smooth it all out. 

Great board. Big fan of the Sunface. 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    @soma1975 i think the amp makes a big difference. I don’t run it pristine clean. It’s not wild overdrive but it’s breaking up a touch. That makes a difference and putting a drive pedal after it does exactly as you say, it smooths it all out. Though the Sunface seems to push the vibe in a way the Veteran didn’t. I think the Sunface has more top end which reacts differently (maybe)? 
    I always have my amp breaking up too. Might just be the vibes I have had. 

• There's some vibe action here:

Can you name the pedal(s) used?

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2021
    My latest Retrovibe had a bit of a perceived vol/gain drop when engaged compared to others I have owned. Spoke to Jam about the 'stock' internal bulb bias trimmer setting which they unhelpfully said they just do by ear. 

On a hunch I did the thing I never ever like, which is put the fuzz face before the vibe. For some reason it was glorious - vol drop gone - no fizzy top end like this combo usually gives me. This is the 3rd Retrovibe mk2 I've owned and the first that sounded good in this setup. Mental.

Just goes to show you should definitely piss about with order even if you have an established fave one. 

EDIT: For idiocy. 

@soma1975 i couldn’t agree more. I tried it out just the other day but still liked the fuzzface first so long as the amp isn’t clean or there’s a drive pedal after the vibe
    oh ffs. I meant the total opposite. I always have fuzz after vibe. This time put it before and it worked for once. 

Will edit. It's too hot.

• Love the sound of vibe pedals, but I never used in a band situation so I sold my Deja Vibe.

Great pedal, but for the price, I couldn't justify keeping it.
    Don't let your mind post toastee - like a lot of my friends did!
  • Just seen the Tru-Fi geezer is working on one.
    Drybell Vibe Machine V3 released

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3044
    soma1975 said:
    Drybell Vibe Machine V3 released

...and ordered this morning :)

R.
    Nice. Sounds great.