Let's see your small/mini/nano pedalboards

What's Hot

Comments

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5409
    This is me for tonight (plus a cab, and a clip-on tuner in my pocket just in case).

The dangling power plug is a 'spare' 9v in case there's a problem with the main PSU for the Quilter, although it's definitely a far superior amp on the 24v supply.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9673
    https://i.imgur.com/g0CS9My.jpg

This was just for a comparison of my trusty Boss overdrives, it’s really for a minimalist bass setup for messing about with.
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • solarsolar Frets: 174
    Finally put a small board together for an upcoming jam/possible band/project.

The Echo Master is still a "maybe".. we haven't decided whether we're going to be instrumental or not yet :lol: 

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 925
    solar said:

The Echo Master is still a "maybe".. we haven't decided whether we're going to be instrumental or not yet :lol: 

Maaaan, I wanna hear that!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 811
    solar said:

We really should have a FtB gear fest one year so we can hear these live.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7569
    Neilybob said:
    solar said:

We really should have a FtB gear fest one year so we can hear these live.  
    We used to smaller GearJams in between the music-focussed Swin-Jams 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Current Nano/Tick sized board:

Fab blues / jam sounds. 

And my "big" board (may drop the mini Crybaby and use the BBE wah offboard)

Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Very nice indeedy @TimmyO ;
  • solar said:

Is the Death by Audio the distorted delay that Jack White used live on last year's tour? If so, that's a crazy sounding thing!
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic

• Many iterations have come and gone since the last time I posted on this thread, but, after recent acquisitions from this parish, I finally have a board that seems to make all the sounds I want.  It also has simple pedals to stop me from my incessant knob twiddling habit :o

The cream coloured pedal is a "Champ Amp Emulator" from websmurfer/otalgia fx on ebay.  It's an electra distortion, but unclear if actually a clone of anything specific.  Gives some great growl to the lower mids, doesn't sound muddy to me.  The Dopefx Bone Dancer, is a clean boost - I wrote to the guy behind dopefx and he said it is an old clone of an LPB-1. 
    I leave the Champ Emulator and the Boost on  and find that I can control the amount of dirt with my volume knob.  The script Phase 90 is just lovely, and the Verb o' Trem (only just joined the crew yesterday) is both simple and versatile.

Happy camper! Could it be I'm finally done?? Doubt it...

Many iterations have come and gone since the last time I posted on this thread, but, after recent acquisitions from this parish, I finally have a board that seems to make all the sounds I want.  It also has simple pedals to stop me from my incessant knob twiddling habit :o

The cream coloured pedal is a "Champ Amp Emulator" from websmurfer/otalgia fx on ebay.  It's an electra distortion, but unclear if actually a clone of anything specific.  Gives some great growl to the lower mids, doesn't sound muddy to me.  The Dopefx Bone Dancer, is a clean boost - I wrote to the guy behind dopefx and he said it is an old clone of an LPB-1. 
    I leave the Champ Emulator and the Boost on  and find that I can control the amount of dirt with my volume knob.  The script Phase 90 is just lovely, and the Verb o' Trem (only just joined the crew yesterday) is both simple and versatile.

Happy camper! Could it be I'm finally done?? Doubt it...

Nice
    Red ones are better. 
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 261
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3607
    Downsizing guitars amps, everything!

Large board has gone from this:

To this:

Big fan of the Supro delay and the Secret Pre.  What are your thoughts on the Blackstone?
    Th4fonz said:
    Great tone making options here! Covers a lot of bases. Not a fan of reverb or is it built into the amp? 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7802
    @Greatape it's great. Coloured and most amp like of anything I've heard, kinda like an Origin revival drive in that sense. Very smooth high end. I love putting a treble booster in front. 
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 261
    @Neilybob I love reverb but yes it’s built into my amp.  A Toneking Imperial mk2
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3607
    @Greatape it's great. Coloured and most amp like of anything I've heard, kinda like an Origin revival drive in that sense. Very smooth high end. I love putting a treble booster in front. 
    Awesome. I'd love ot try one sometime. 

Question about the Supro - do you find that a) it can get noisy at high filter settings and b) you have to be careful with the repeats else it descends into self-oscillation? (I love the sound of it, though - it has a real 3-D presence)
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7802
    Greatape said:
    Awesome. I'd love ot try one sometime. 

Question about the Supro - do you find that a) it can get noisy at high filter settings and b) you have to be careful with the repeats else it descends into self-oscillation? (I love the sound of it, though - it has a real 3-D presence)
    Mine's not particularly noisy although some have complained about noise. 12o clock is still brighter than a DM2 so I can't expect no noise pushing the brightness. Never used it with repeats that high or had self oscillation issues.

• solarsolar Frets: 174
    solar said:

Is the Death by Audio the distorted delay that Jack White used live on last year's tour? If so, that's a crazy sounding thing!

You mean the big blue one at the top? No, it’s an Echo Master, a vocal delay with XLR in and out.
  • AlexlotlAlexlotl Frets: 176
    Th4fonz said:
    What interconnects are you using here? I’m trying to go from a Metro 16 to a Nano+ at the moment, and all my plans that look lovely on Pedal Playground get scuppered due to cable width. This looks much tighter than I’ve managed to achieve. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom