Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Paul Davids with Jimis Guitar in Denmark Street

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yungblud

This is his kid. He's quite successful. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yungblud

Wow I did not know that!!
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7418
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yungblud

Wow I did not know that!!
    So hes like the British Kid Rock (Rich parents support his career?)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    More like a less edgy Machine Gun Kelly or something. It's all a bit angsty. Probably right for his age. 
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1216
    So have we decided if the guitar is authentic or not?

How much do we think PD got paid for the video? I hope he got a few grand. I'm sure he did. Fair play to him!
  • LPManic said:
    So have we decided if the guitar is authentic or not?

How much do we think PD got paid for the video? I hope he got a few grand. I'm sure he did. Fair play to him!
    Why would you think that? Its as much promotion for him and his videos as it is them...
    I doubt he got paid a lot. Maybe his flight and accommodation?
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7232
    edited December 2021

If Pete Thorn charges several thousand for a pedal demo I imagine dude with 2.5m followers would charge a couple of quid to promote a guitar sale expected to go for £10m. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7418
    edited December 2021
    soma1975 said:

If Pete Thorn charges several thousand for a pedal demo I imagine dude with 2.5m followers would charge a couple of quid to promote a guitar sale expected to go for £10m. 
    if its fake, they might have a few to sell - so he should charge more.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    soma1975 said:

Pete Thorn is a different level to this guy. I wouldn't be surprised if it was less than you'd think. As previously people have said before that even people like Rabea aren't paid a huge amount to promote pedals etc. 

But maybe he was, who knows. 
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1847
    soma1975 said:

Pete Thorn is a different level to this guy. I wouldn't be surprised if it was less than you'd think. As previously people have said before that even people like Rabea aren't paid a huge amount to promote pedals etc. 

I’d guess this too (that he didn’t get much beyond expenses). The honour of playing Jimis strat is something many would pay for let alone getting paid to do it.

He gets royalties through a popular video that’s a good addition to his channel and gets to play the guitar. I doubt he’d turn the opportunity down even if there was no pay involved. Who would?!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    soma1975 said:

Pete Thorn has 10% of the following of Paul Davids. It's not about how good they are or how nice they are. 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2021
    TINMAN82 said:
    soma1975 said:

I’d guess this too (that he didn’t get much beyond expenses). The honour of playing Jimis strat is something many would pay for let alone getting paid to do it.

He gets royalties through a popular video that’s a good addition to his channel and gets to play the guitar. I doubt he’d turn the opportunity down even if there was no pay involved. Who would?!
    He's basically produced the auction promotion piece for the seller hoping to bank several million quid. Don't be naïve. 

Edit: I'm sure it was an honour for Pete Thorn to play for Chris Cornell too. Doubt he did it for free. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1216
    I bet he got about £3k - £5k for doing it. The guy in the video said that they chose him specifically to do the video. Paul Davids is the no.1 Youtube guitar video guy out there, especially for the cork sniffers with a few bob. Fair play to him. It's a great promo video.
    edited December 2021
    Yup. He's a youtube guitar channel millionaire. Presumably because he knows his own worth.

edited December 2021
    soma1975 said:
    soma1975 said:

Pete Thorn has 10% of the following of Paul Davids. It's not about how good they are or how nice they are. 
    And Thorn has about 10x the respect. 

He's a world renowned touring guitarist featured in magazines, plays on albums with the likes of Chris Cornell, has his own signature Suhr guitars and amps, and mixes with influential people in that industry. It's not all about how many YouTube subs you have, it's the demographic of those people and the influence and respect you wield over that community.

I would undoubtedly say that Pete Thorn, who played with Chris Cornell and has his own line of Suhr signature amps and guitars has more clout than Paul Davids who does a lot of stuff involving tutorials for beginners and intermediates. Which is fine, but it isn't the same clientele in my opinion. 

That's just my take on it. Paul may have got paid well. We'll never know. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul is a great player. There is something about his voice that sends to me to sleep mind. So I don't view all his YouTube videos. But he does have some great content..
    I prefer his channel to Pete Thorn tbh.

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Paul is a great player.

He is a great player. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25074
    And Thorn has about 10x the respect. 

He's a world renowned touring guitarist featured in magazines, plays on albums with the likes of Chris Cornell, has his own signature Suhr guitars and amps, and mixes with influential people in that industry. It's not all about how many YouTube subs you have, it's the demographic of those people and the influence and respect you wield over that community.

He also plays with Mitch Malloy, "Van Halen's Lost Singer".  That's about as big as it gets.

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4026
    Philly_Q said:
    He also plays with Mitch Malloy, "Van Halen's Lost Singer".  That's about as big as it gets.

He's verrrryyyy open about how much he loves Van Halen.  So why would he not do that gig?  Can't deny that he's a very well respected musician who's toured the world many many many times over.  However, it's not really worth comparing Pete and Paul, as they are both respected in their respective ways, and that's cool