Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Paul Davids with Jimis Guitar in Denmark Street

What's Hot

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7232
    edited December 2021
    A very well documented history of misogyny and multiple sexual harassment claims. His 'hilarious' rape face thing he used to do. I have done a lot of work in video for games and console companies over the years and have had multiple first hand accounts of his behaviour. 

Even after this he was picked to host the launch of the XBOX One and was on Celeb Bake Off. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    Ah yes I think I remember. I think that the only defence was that he was young and stupid. I couldn't say if he was still like this or if he has repented in any way. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2021
    Ah yes I think I remember. I think that the only defence was that he was young and stupid. I couldn't say if he was still like this or if he has repented in any way. 
    He was young and stupid in 2012 when he got banned from the Eurogamer EXPO after his groping on women on his video. He was less young in 2015 after having been dropped by multiple companies but still putting up 'rape face' videos and calling women sluts online.

Reddit is full of tribute threads from weirdos dedicated to his poor behaviour and the return of the RF in his recent live streams. 

I was staggered when I saw him on prime time Channel 4. Like nobody does their due diligence... 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    Well I stopped watching him years and years ago. I was only interested in the Emile Hesky FIFA videos for some reason. 
    I worked the XBox launch alongside him. Had no idea who he was at the time until the next day.

Anyway apologies for derailing the thread.

Back on track, what on Earth is going to happen to the guitar now?

Paul Davids is going to make a shit ton on his follow up video!

• I didn’t actually know what a KSI was 

I do now and he is a twat 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12327
    I didn’t actually know what a KSI was 

I only know him for his boxing match with another YouTube degenerate Paul Logan.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25074

I only know him for his boxing match with another YouTube degenerate Paul Logan.
    Logan Paul. :)  But I agree, that's the first time I'd ever heard of him.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12327
    Philly_Q said:

Logan Paul. :)  But I agree, that's the first time I'd ever heard of him.
    Sorry, Logan paul…

• BigsbyBigsby Frets: 3028
    I can't quite believe how far this thread has got derailed.

Or that anyone thinks you'd need to pay a YouTube influencer to sell any Strat that belonged to Hendrix, let alone one he played at Monterey.

Or that any guitarist would turn down the opportunity to play such a Strat because the fee wasn't high enough.

Having said that, the video was well made, I enjoyed it, and I couldn't care less if/how much anyone got paid.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • andyscandysc Frets: 230
    I don’t think that is Jimi’s old guitar. The wear pattern is too different to photos, and like others have said, it looks to me like it has been played right handed a lot, but they said it was only re-strung right handed 6 months ago, and hadn’t been played for 50 odd years. It aged badly for a guitar not being played… And the stuff about the energy coming off of it is funny.

Heck of a lot of money for a guitar which might have belonged to somebody else nearly 60 years ago!
  • The fact it was twice rejected by the premier auction houses famed for dealing in celebrity musical memorabilia as not being Jimi’s, and the numerous obvious visual inconsistencies even us lot can spot in a YT video, I’d say someone is using a naive shop and a YouTube celebrity to create credibility- still a fun video tho! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • The fact it was twice rejected by the premier auction houses famed for dealing in celebrity musical memorabilia as not being Jimi’s, and the numerous obvious visual inconsistencies even us lot can spot in a YT video, I’d say someone is using a naive shop and a YouTube celebrity to create credibility- still a fun video tho! 
    And also countless ignored appraisers who stated its not Jimis.... 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7418
    Interesting comparison of that guitar to actual photos - if you can ignore the stupid backing track

Paul Davids, This is NOT the Jimi Hendrix Monterey Strat, Sadly - YouTube
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Pauls already admitted he knows it wasnt real now, but thought it was at time
  • Such a fascinating story.

There was a 55 TV Special that I played at a workshop a few years ago which had a Clive Brown refinish on it. I was told at the time that it was such a convincing refinish that it'd fool a UV light test. I was so tempted, it was lovely, but couldn't afford it and it later sold. I then saw it pop up at Sixty Sixty Sounds a year or two later for £12k (more than double what it sold for) and being all original, specifically stating they'd had it tested under UV light. Interesting. I messaged them and said it was a refin citing where it came from and they took it off sale. They later relisted it as a refinish and sold it for much less. They seem like decent guys to me, though I can understand a cynic saying otherwise. I really hope they're not in on this Hendrix strat business.

ps that 55 TV Special is at ATB now, still tempted but it's waaaaay out of my price range now haha!
  • photekphotek Frets: 1507
    Pauls already admitted he knows it wasnt real now, but thought it was at time
    Has he, have you got a link or rough idea where? I saw a post saying he wasn’t sure but had a load of evidence from the influencer prat and that Fender had authenticated it.
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 766
    photek said:
    Pauls already admitted he knows it wasnt real now, but thought it was at time
    Has he, have you got a link or rough idea where? I saw a post saying he wasn’t sure but had a load of evidence from the influencer prat and that Fender had authenticated it.

How can Fender authenticate if it was Hendrix's? They can only authenticate if it's a real period correct Fender guitar not who owned it.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2767
    So the magic they could feel coming off it wasn’t real? I’m shocked 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom