Clapton makes himself even more popular

What's Hot

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15038
    RobDavies said:

Mark Rothko, huh?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well, I think Clapton’s a cunt.
    which is neither political or religious 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3836
    HAL9000 said:
    Ok, I get that EC doesn’t want people selling bootleg albums but there must surely be better ways of dealing with an individual unwittingly selling one on the’bay.
    Well, he could have bought it himself. Unless $11 is considered a bit steep. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28258
    VimFuego said:

the thing that gets me is I actually implied Clapton (a real human being and actual person) was less than nice (which, TBF, is probably breaking the rules), but no one took exception to that. 

Is it too late  to take that exception?

I could happily be excepted if that would help the argument.  Or I could be marginally upset.  Or even deeply offended (I checked, "deeply" is the only allowable adverb in that context).  I'm not sure what the appropriate response is though as I'm a little out of practice at arguing pointlessly.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Well, I think Clapton’s a cunt.
    He says he doesn't care.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16270
    TTony said:
    VimFuego said:

the thing that gets me is I actually implied Clapton (a real human being and actual person) was less than nice (which, TBF, is probably breaking the rules), but no one took exception to that. 

I could happily be excepted if that would help the argument.  Or I could be marginally upset.  Or even deeply offended (I checked, "deeply" is the only allowable adverb in that context).  I'm not sure what the appropriate response is though as I'm a little out of practice at arguing pointlessly.

hey, I unreservedly apologised!!!

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

VimFuego said:
    TTony said:
    VimFuego said:

So you mean it *is* too late to be excepted?

I'm really useless at pointless arguments.
    :(
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TTony said:
    VimFuego said:
    TTony said:
    VimFuego said:

So you mean it *is* too late to be excepted?

I'm really useless at pointless arguments.
    :(
    well, this is the internet. According to the rules of internet bickering, you are allowed to ignore, twist or invent any words that either prove your case or disprove mine.

VimFuego said:

well, this is the internet. According to the rules of internet bickering, you are allowed to ignore, twist or invent any words that either prove your case or disprove mine.

Arbliostuic.

(It's quite difficult inventing words.  Most of them seem to be invented already.)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5391
    Philtre said:
    All religions are complete fucking garbage.
    Ahem. See my user name? 

Can i tell the good news about the church of really good chips.
  • PabcranePabcrane Frets: 492
    Reverend said:
    Philtre said:
    Ahem. See my user name? 

Well, chips beat the loaves and the fishes
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13585
    Pabcrane said:
    Reverend said:
    Philtre said:
    Ahem. See my user name? 

not these

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584
    bertie said:
    Pabcrane said:
    Reverend said:
    Philtre said:
    Ahem. See my user name? 

not these

You really need to get that jack socket swapped out for an Electrosocket!
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13585
    edited December 2021
    You really need to get that jack socket swapped out for an Electrosocket!
    dont worry it aint one of mine
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13346
    BillDL said:
    i think Clapton has reached the age where he really doesn't give much of a shit whether people like what he believes and says.  He's always going to have followers despite this.
    ...and a show on GB news, probably.
    You might have got that wrong - there’s a recent video where he strongly implies he is a remainer and thinks Brexit was won on lies.
    Fair enough so :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13433
    I have no strong feelings about Clapton one way or the other as an individual.  He's spouted some real crap at fairly regular intervals during his career, but since he means little to me as an artist I just can't be bothered.  What I really DON'T get is his revered status (in some quarters at least) as one of the world's guitar greats.  He just isn't in my eyes - he's a decidedly  average guitarist who's had his best moments playing other people's songs.  Doesn't mean I don't like a fair bit of his output - I do.  But as a guitarist?  Meh.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3826
    edited December 2021
    VimFuego said:
    Rule #2
    "don't be nasty"? I'm pretty sure the founding fathers didn't envisage imaginary friends in this. I haven't insulted any member here, nor any person, living or dead, in real life. I didn't even insult religions or religious people. I said god was a cunt. I can't be held responsible if people make the decision to take offence to that. I wouldn't go into a place of worship to say it, but this isn't a place of worship. 

When you call someone's God something you're calling that person the same thing, at least going by the more common religions. Though to be fair the only person we know for sure believes in this particular God is yourself. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    VimFuego said:
    Rule #2
    "don't be nasty"? I'm pretty sure the founding fathers didn't envisage imaginary friends in this. I haven't insulted any member here, nor any person, living or dead, in real life. I didn't even insult religions or religious people. I said god was a cunt. I can't be held responsible if people make the decision to take offence to that. I wouldn't go into a place of worship to say it, but this isn't a place of worship. 

When you call someone's God something you're calling that person the same thing, at least going by the more common religions. Though to be fair the only person we know for sure believes in this particular God is yourself. 
    *sigh* bridgehouse has asked us not to continue with the religious stuff. I have complied with that request, why can't you?

VimFuego said:
    Rule #2

seriously, this is what he wrote "For now, I'd say that the only reason I've needed to poke my modmin nose in is to politely ask that the derailment stops and the thread goes back to discussing the OP....please?", what possible benefit can it be to you to keep bringing it up? If you want to continue to discuss your mumbo jumbo nonsense, then feel free to start a separate thread about it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 1309
    edited December 2021
    Contrary to popular belief, it was actually me who played guitar on much of the 'Beano' album (Hideaway, Steppin' Out, Ramblin' on my Mind, to name a few.) 

Clapton was having an 'off' day and I happened to be knocking around the studio at the time, so I offered to help out.

The fact that he has never acknowledged this only goes to prove that he is a despicable human being
    (unlike Robert Cray, who serves as a shining example to us all.)