The Doctor Who thread

What's Hot

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    OK, that was really good. One question (possible spoiler alert)...

In all fairness, you can't write short stories like this and neatly tie up all ends. The secret is to just go with the flow rather than analyse the whole thing. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28022
    edited September 2014
    axisus said:
    In all fairness, you can't write short stories like this and neatly tie up all ends. The secret is to just go with the flow rather than analyse the whole thing. 

True, but I can't help feeling this is part of something a bit bigger. Remember...Gallifreyans don't have parents.
    <space for hire>
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Excellent episode ....

There's a massive clue about what's happening if you saw what happened to the toy soldier ....

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    What was under the blanket then?
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5734
    Yeah, liked that one.
    So it seems that I like the ones without the classic monsters. Give me more episodes with scripts and acting please.
    edited September 2014
    holnrew said:
    What was under the blanket then?
    Whatever you want there to be ... the fear is in not knowing what's there or if there's anything there .. like hearing a bump in the night when you were a kid in the dark. Most likely another kid in a mask playing a prank .. on the other hand ... it was all about the Doctor's paranoia. It was obviously one of the 'cheap' episodes with limited CGI and it worked for that reason.

Hope they do one with a Pink Floyd soundtrack .. which one's Pink? Looks like Danny and Clara are part of the end game of this series if, as has been rumoured, she's going to leave.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    edited September 2014
    I feel like I've missed something but again I thought it was a bit rubbish- just leading to an excuse to show
    Spoiler:
    John Hurt
    again and point out how clever they were last year.

And once Clara saves the day with love and hope and feelings.

EDIT: holy crap when did we get working spoiler tags?! Good work gents! :D
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    I feel like I've missed something but again I thought it was a bit rubbish- just leading to an excuse to show
    Spoiler:
    John Hurt

That was done so you'd know where the barn was and therefore the identity of the boy.

• Fretwired said:
    Spoiler:
    John Hurt

That was done so you'd know where the barn was and therefore the identity of the boy.
    Sure, but it still felt more like "look at us being clever" than "we are trying to make the best TV show we can".

I also don't like that there is a serialised mystery subplot going on that the main characters aren't even aware of. Meh
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    I'm surprised that some didn't like that episode, I think it was the best script for years. It was really written to hilight Capaldi's Dr, wouldn't have worked as well with Smith/Tennant/Eccleston.
  • So,
    Correct me if i'm wrong but is the school teacher clara dated and his "double" on the spaceship supposed to be another incarnation of the doctor? Or another timelord?
    So,
    Correct me if i'm wrong but is the school teacher clara dated and his "double" on the spaceship supposed to be another incarnation of the doctor? Or another timelord?
    Neither. It's the great grandson of Rupert/Danny Pink [and possibly Clara]. I think the implication is Rupert travels with the Doctor at some point - maybe in this series.

• Ahh,
    So was the child hiding under the sheets the doctor as a kid?
  • Ahh,
    Don't think so. Its head didn't look very child-like, even though it was blurry.
    <space for hire>
  • Well,
    I enjoyed yesterdays episode if a little confusing.
    I still dont think clara gels with capaldi but i'm quite liking his version of the dr more and more.
    Reminds me a little of my favourite jon pertwee.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Clara looked very alluring last night /misogyny 

Anybody else think that when the blanket started rising it looked like a boner and giggled?
    My V key is broken
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    edited September 2014
    Ahh,

Don't think so. Its head didn't look very child-like, even though it was blurry.

Spoiler:I got the impression it most definitely was... hence the whole coming back to the cabin later speech. Also ties in with stuff from aaaaages ago. They've built a mythos in which the Doctor stole a tardis and ran (and kept running) because of what he saw in the untempered schism... and the young boy was afraid of the dark... Clara said "Listen"... then later the Doctor writes (then forgets about writing "Listen" hence it being his handwriting). There was also the comment at the beginning that meeting yourself can be very bad, which was why Clara said that The Doctor should not ever ask where they've been. 

Also... Galifrey seems to be less stuck in the Time War than before - the Time Lords gave The Doctor a new regeneration at Trensilor, and The Doctor was able to get to Galifrey with two other Doctors - and previously Galifrey was destroyed at the end of the Time War, then more recently not destroyed...

Lots of writing seems to be making The Doctor cross his own timeline over and over. Even though I seem to remember that The Doctor said he can't cross his own timeline
    Personally I don't think we need to worry about spoilers. If you are here you probably watched it, and if you didn't watch it and are here you can't be that bothered! The bit that didn't make sense to me ...... If Clara gave the young doctor the plastic figure, how did it end up in the kids home where Clara found it? And would the doctor not have recognised it from his youth?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus;352279" said:

The bit that didn't make sense to me ...... If Clara gave the young doctor the plastic figure, how did it end up in the kids home where Clara found it? And would the doctor not have recognised it from his youth?
    Cripes, man! The Doctor is over 2000 years old. He's bound to forget something.
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    edited September 2014
    holnrew;352025" said:
    Clara looked very alluring last night /misogyny 

Anybody else think that when the blanket started rising it looked like a boner and giggled?
    If you can pitch a tent that size @holnrew you would be beating the girlies off with a shitty stick.