The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    Nitefly said:
    joneve said:
    FFS. Nuno calling for cancelling replays now. 

Should have beaten a fucking league 1 side in 90 minutes then pal and not gift them 2 goals from their measley 3 shots on target. 

Up the Pool !  ;)

(didn't we have this conversation last year, too?)
    At least you didn’t batter us 4-0 this season. 

Three things in life are certain;

desth
    taxes
    forest refusing to win against Blackpool (or Bournemouth) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28106
    I was thinking  that there'd been a disappointing lack of real shocks in the 3rd round.

Then I realised that Wigan play ManU tonight.

Could be a shock there if ManU win ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1735
    Werner on loan to Spurs...  a bit out of the blue there but I guess he'll provide some experienced cover, pace and positional options.

Need a centre half badly though...
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28106
    Werner on loan to Spurs...  a bit out of the blue there 
    Indeed.

But with Son away, Veliz now injured, and Richi still unreliable, we'd be a little short in the forwards department.  OK, Scarlett is now back, but he barely got a look in at Ipswich, so can't see him slotting straight into Spurs first team,  Werner is a loan with option, rather than obligation, to buy, so no real risk.  
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12065
    I think it's a good move, Werner works hard, fast, can play on any of the front 3 positions.

His record in Chelsea was like 23 goals and 21 assists in 83 games?  So that is like 1 in 2, in terms of goals for the team.  And that is in a Chelsea team with Havertz and Mount up front....

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14886
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    Indeed.

But with Son away, Veliz now injured, and Richi still unreliable, we'd be a little short in the forwards department.  OK, Scarlett is now back, but he barely got a look in at Ipswich, so can't see him slotting straight into Spurs first team,  Werner is a loan with option, rather than obligation, to buy, so no real risk.  
    See we sent Spence back to you - Bad attitude apparently - Including did not want to visit the kids in hospital, with the team, over Christmas - Notice Spurs have immediately put him up for sale - Good player but poor attitude
    TTony said:
    Indeed.

See we sent Spence back to you - Bad attitude apparently - Including did not want to visit the kids in hospital, with the team, over Christmas - Notice Spurs have immediately put him up for sale - Good player but poor attitude
    Seems only Cooper could really get a tune out of him and sort his attitude out. The half season he was with us, I’ve rarely seen a player of that quality at Forest. Just hasn’t been the same since. 
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1138
    I wonder if Karim Benzema fancies a 6-month loan here to help us score a few goals.

He certainly won't press or run about much but he definitely knows where the goal is!
    tFB Trader
    joneve said:
    TTony said:
    Indeed.

Seems only Cooper could really get a tune out of him and sort his attitude out. The half season he was with us, I’ve rarely seen a player of that quality at Forest. Just hasn’t been the same since. 
    Yes I was thinking of his time at Forest as I believe he was highly regarded 

I know we wanted to buy him after his loan spell there and still on Boro’s books but obviously Spurs offered a better option- Can’t recall his name now but a previous Boro manager said he’d be playing non league football within 5 years 
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    I was thinking  that there'd been a disappointing lack of real shocks in the 3rd round.

Then I realised that Wigan play ManU tonight.

Could be a shock there if ManU win ...
    Would need to check the stats but suspect Wigan have had more trips to Wembley than Man U - Certainly won there many times before
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10062
    joneve said:
    TTony said:
    Indeed.

I know we wanted to buy him after his loan spell there and still on Boro’s books but obviously Spurs offered a better option- Can’t recall his name now but a previous Boro manager said he’d be playing non league football within 5 years 
    That sounds like a Pulis or Warnock type comment - Pulis used to say stuff when he was West Brom boss and we were finishing mid table, like "our lads are doing their best considering the level they're actually at on paper"
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    tFB Trader
    joneve said:
    TTony said:
    Indeed.

That sounds like a Pulis or Warnock type comment - Pulis used to say stuff when he was West Brom boss and we were finishing mid table, like "our lads are doing their best considering the level they're actually at on paper"
    It was Warnock now you mention it
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11462
    City at home in the fourth round. Cheers, Mabbsy.

I don't think that they've scored yet at our new ground.

Hopefully we'll have some defenders fit by the time the game is played. 
    @blobb looks like we could be on for a Black Country Derby in the 4th round if you can beat Brentford at home! That will be a spicy one after we missed the Derby matches during Covid
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3140
    It sure will be, the Tatters are getting excited about it. I follow the Wolves because of my Grandad. He was Wolves through and through and loved the fact that he lived in West Brom and all his mates were Baggies fans. Every week he would go down to the bookies to put 50p on Wolves to win and West Brom to lose. You won't be surprised to know he didn't get rich with that strategy! We have to beat Bees first though, without our midfield / striker. If we get through I think it will be a good game. You lot are on the up at the moment.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    blobb said:
    It sure will be, the Tatters are getting excited about it. I follow the Wolves because of my Grandad. He was Wolves through and through and loved the fact that he lived in West Brom and all his mates were Baggies fans. Every week he would go down to the bookies to put 50p on Wolves to win and West Brom to lose. You won't be surprised to know he didn't get rich with that strategy! We have to beat Bees first though, without our midfield / striker. If we get through I think it will be a good game. You lot are on the up at the moment.
    I don't really think we should be much of a match for an actual Premier league side though to be honest - our supposed main striker played 45 mins the other day so he's due to get injured again within his next 15 mins of game time then we'll be left with one striker again who rarely controls the ball within 3 touches. 

A lot of very proud history and fan-ship between the two clubs so it will be interesting. And surely might even get us on motd for 10 seconds for a change?
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3092
    TTony said:
    Indeed.

Brentford are on their knees with injuries - particularly as both first choice full backs are out, seemingly for the rest of the season.   We won’t go anywhere near Spence.  Huge ability but if even someone like Warnock didn’t want to work with him….tells you all you need to know. 
    RobDavies said:
    TTony said:
    Indeed.

Brentford are on their knees with injuries - particularly as both first choice full backs are out, seemingly for the rest of the season.   We won’t go anywhere near Spence.  Huge ability but if even someone like Warnock didn’t want to work with him….tells you all you need to know. 
    I still find it baffling that he was nothing but exemplary on and off the pitch for Forest because he's been anything but EVERYWHERE else. 
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 366
    edited January 14
    TTony said:
    Indeed.

Leeds are going to lose a lot of their better players if they don't get promoted this year.
    tFB Trader
    Vintage65 said:
    TTony said:
    Indeed.

Leeds are going to lose a lot of their better players if they don't get promoted this year.
    You could well be right - Nothing new in that - But the likes of Gray and Summerville are on good contracts so they won't be going for Harley Benton prices - It's the shit we brought to stay in the PL that I'm worried about - Roca, Sinister, Aaronson, Wober, Kristensen - Came for 1 year - Did a crap job and then wanted out - All on loan and can barely get a game - We don't want them