The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14858
    tFB Trader
    So Henderson is the first to pull out of S Arabia football - More will follow - Pay/greed is one thing - But a competitive game and a family/social life for tech wife/family is also another - Good job he is not coming back to a PL club - A) he will not get a good reception B) I don't think he'd get a place in a team within the top 10 places 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • McSwaggertyMcSwaggerty Frets: 663
    Feel really sorry for Henderson. He is having to take a huge wage cut .
    Ajax are only going to pay him £85,000 a week.
    Poor Soul.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23785
    So Henderson is the first to pull out of S Arabia football - More will follow - Pay/greed is one thing - But a competitive game and a family/social life for tech wife/family is also another 
    Jordan and Mrs Henderson, earlier this morning:

Rather He Has Sex With A Robot Than A Living Mistress Says Wife   HuffPost UK News
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7065
    Philly_Q said:
    So Henderson is the first to pull out of S Arabia football - More will follow - Pay/greed is one thing - But a competitive game and a family/social life for tech wife/family is also another 
    Jordan and Mrs Henderson, earlier this morning:

Rather He Has Sex With A Robot Than A Living Mistress Says Wife   HuffPost UK News
    Is that sort of relationship allowed in Saudi? or is it part of the T in LBGT?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23785
    mrkb said:
    Is that sort of relationship allowed in Saudi? or is it part of the T in LBGT?
    Probably not, and I guess it may be part of the + in LGBTQ+ (actually I saw a YouTube video last night which said the latest full set of initials is S2LGBTQIA+, which sounds like a new model from Ibanez).

Sorry, off topic...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nearly 20 days in the window and Arsenal haven't signed anybody yet. Bit worrying as we desperately need a left-back and a striker. But I know Arteta is one of those "we're happy with what we've got" types. Zinchenko clearly isn't good defensively at LB and we can't rely on Saka/Martinelli/Jesus to share the goals around. 
    tFB Trader
    Nearly 20 days in the window and Arsenal haven't signed anybody yet. Bit worrying as we desperately need a left-back and a striker. But I know Arteta is one of those "we're happy with what we've got" types. Zinchenko clearly isn't good defensively at LB and we can't rely on Saka/Martinelli/Jesus to share the goals around. 
    To be fair, barely anyone has signed anyone - I think with so many clubs on the verge of their FFP limits, they have no where to go - Can't sell 'excess' stock as no one can buy them - Crazy situation because even if you sell cheap, then that 'loss' will be carried forward to the next set of accounts and inflame FFP next year - At the end of the FFP rules are signed of by the PL teams, so they are effectively the sponsors/shareholders of the PL - But we might well be grid locked for now 

Leeds are desperate for a LB and RB and probably a #10 - Have some 'spare funds' but struggling to get anyone, even cast offs from PL teams 
  • Loan deals should be popular then no? Karim Benzema on a 6-month one will do me, he'll score the goals to propel us to win the league haha. Proven goalscorer just wish he was 15 years younger.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12064
    I think everyone has maxed out their 3 years/ 105m loss, after seeing what happened to Everton everyone is playing it extra safe.  No transfer will be made until the summer.  Unlike last season when Chelsea found a money tree, the Amortisation glitch has been fixed and nobody are risking a 10pts deduction.  
    tFB Trader
    I think everyone has maxed out their 3 years/ 105m loss, after seeing what happened to Everton everyone is playing it extra safe.  No transfer will be made until the summer.  Unlike last season when Chelsea found a money tree, the Amortisation glitch has been fixed and nobody are risking a 10pts deduction.  
    I think that is the case - Add to that the likes of Wolves sold players in the summer to avoid pending issues 
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3138
    We (Wolves) did, but most of them weren't playing anyway. It was not so much the loss, it was not being able to reinvest.  That was why Lop walked at the last minute - he was told he would have some funds available. GON didn't get the same assurances. What he is achieving is amazing given the situation he inherited. How long can he go on, before they all completely burn out,  is the question. Saying that, they have found a couple of quid down the back of the sofa recently (by loaning out some dead wood) but January is not the time to be buying a 20 goal a season striker. Last time, we ended up with Willian Jose!
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7224
    edited January 21
    So Henderson is the first to pull out of S Arabia football - More will follow - Pay/greed is one thing - But a competitive game and a family/social life for tech wife/family is also another - 
    Having already spent enough days in the UK within the tax year to be liable for UK taxation on the Saudi wage is another (and likely the main reason)
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10400
    edited January 21
    I don't know if anyone watched Sheffield United vs West Ham game but the second penalty wasn't a penalty for Sheffield, and we were denied a blatant penalty at the end. 

In short, robbed. 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2866
    I haven't been so stressed / angry at a game for ages.   Coufal gets booked for pointing out that it should be a red .  The SU penalty was at best a 50:50 competition in the air :(
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10400
    sev112 said:
    I haven't been so stressed / angry at a game for ages.   Coufal gets booked for pointing out that it should be a red .  The SU penalty was at best a 50:50 competition in the air :(
    Yea, this game was taken from us. Ings did well though and Johnson looked good in midfield so some positives are there. 
    tFB Trader
    I don't know if anyone watched Sheffield United vs West Ham game but the second penalty wasn't a penalty for Sheffield, and we were denied a blatant penalty at the end. 

In short, robbed. 
    Hope it all works out for you with KP - Still our Yorkshire Pirlo - He's a good lad as well 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2866
    I haven’t seen him do anything since Leeds, I hope this is another Lingard for him and for us, but I am surprised at which gap he is trying to fill?

would have loved to get Broja, a real centre forward in the Antonio, Ashton, Arnautovic, David Cross mould 
    tFB Trader
    sev112 said:
    I haven’t seen him do anything since Leeds, I hope this is another Lingard for him and for us, but I am surprised at which gap he is trying to fill?

would have loved to get Broja, a real centre forward in the Antonio, Ashton, Arnautovic, David Cross mould 
    To be fair he hasn't - He is really a holding midfield player - Strong in the tackle - Generally reads the game well - Good 1/4 back style long pass and fairly accurate - Won't score you any/many goals - He can sit in a back 4/5 as a sweeper role if required - I'd be surprised if he became a Lingered as he is not a knob head as a person - Rare for many players - Him behind Ward Prowse will be a good format
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10043
    Looking forward to the Black Country derby in the cup on Sunday - although the interesting question that never seems to get a definitive answer has reared its head again: It's called the Black Country derby, but is either club actually in the Black Country? Traditionally the black Country area didn't include Wolverhampton nor Smethwick where you could argue the Hawthorns is, and of course not Birmingham which it closely borders with. Still most of the fans are in the Black Country and these days they tend to lump all of the boroughs of Wolverhampton, Dudley, Sandwell and Walsall together as the Black Country, so I suppose it'll have to do. We don't have exciting enough dialect to come up with something as catchy as El Classico! Maybe the Bostin Footy Party.

I can't see us (Albion) winning against Wolves on paper, they've a much bigger and better squad, good manager and are in decent form. We are over achieving with our position albeit in a poor overall quality league apart from a few teams above us. We are at least at home where we normally do better - can't seem to score for toffee away from home, so I'm glad it's not at the Molineux
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28087
    sev112 said:
    I haven’t seen him do anything since Leeds
    I'm not sure anyone has seen him do anything since Leeds.

Hope he remembers what a football looks like ...

(Seriously, good to see him get out of ManC, and - hopefully - playing regularly again.  He was completely wasted on the ManC bench).
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.