The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• S56035S56035 Frets: 1266
    TTony said:
    mrkb said:
    CHRISB50 said:
    I'd imagine Frank Lampard is dusting off his CV.
    I’m hoping for a Keegan return ;)
    Mourinho is free ...
    And let's hope it remains that way for a long while yet!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28087

If I had to make a bet I'd say Postecoglou
    You think he'd go to Liverpool having just delivered Spurs' first league title in [lots of] years?  Particularly after Liverpool bottled it in the second half of the season and finished 5th?

No, can't see that happening.
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23785
    edited January 26
    How are Liverpool's owners regarded by those in the know?  Are they likely to make a sensible appointment to continue the Klopp legacy - or at least something along those lines - or will they just go for a random big name who's currently available?
  • Devastated. It’s going to take a while to sink in. 

Alonso is the top contender by a mile, a Liverpool legend who gets it, and is seems to be doing a superb job at Leverkusen. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:
    How are Liverpool's owners regarded by those in the know?  Are they likely to make a sensible appointment to continue the Klopp legacy, or something along those lines, or will they just go for a random big name who's currently available?
    Personally, I think they've been a pretty good owner (European Super League support notwithstanding) over the years.  Invested when appropriate but haven't gone crazy with debt (in relation to others).  On a personal level, I'd rather them than a state owner but that's not to say they are squeaky clean angels.

Reading more the Sporting Director is going as well and he's only just started.  The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if the whole sale changes are because of an imminent sale to someone they don't like?  Pep Lindjers is going as well with the stated aim of becoming a manager himself, why not at Liverpool where he's been learning from one of the best the last few years?
  • danodano Frets: 1614
    S56035 said:
    Klopp to leave Liverpool at the end of the season! 
    Whole backroom going with him.  Linders had been doing a lot of press recently so I thought he might be being groomed to take over but apparently not.  Absolutely gutted.  I'm just hoping we don't fall as far as Utd.
    Give it six months and they-'ll appear in the Saudi league. You read it first here ! 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14858
    tFB Trader
    S56035 said:
    Hard one for the owners - Go back post Shankly and the boot room idea was excellent - But I believe fairly unique - Makes you wonder how much of it was 'luck' and/or right place right time - But it worked 

Hard to know who is the next potential Klopp - And to a degree you look around Europe and see who is the up and coming manager as per Klopp coming out of Dortmund - You look at what Emery has done before Villa, but failed at Arsenal - You look at what Posh nearly did at Spurs, but so far little else where 

Rangers and maybe you'd have said Stevie G was in with a shout - Post Villa and you'd say no

Either way, Klopp has become Mr LFC for a few years and the likes of Sarah have certainly enriched the whole process - The issue, IMO, with Fergie leaving Man U and Wenger leaving Arsenal, is that when they left they did not leave behind a good team for the next manager - Both sides were in need of a re-build, which is why Man U are still way behind where they need to be today and it has taken a few years for Arsenal to get back to a 'maybe' status - Who knows where it will go next for them 

Maybe for football it will be good if Pep goes soon as well - So it will become more of a level playing field for a while and maybe more exciting

Fuck off mate ;-)
    So who is your ideal candidate 

I’m obviously on my own suggesting Postecoglou as he is not even on the bookies radar - Yet he is probably playing the most attractive game in the PL at the moment- LFC often like such a proactive style- He is not likely to win a major trophy at Spurs so why not go to one of the PL’s finest teams 
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1452
    I dont support but respect liverpool and klopp. 
    Passionate, speaks the truth, suits the fans, gives the press some shit, a great character.
    I think it will be a sad loss for the premiership all round. Hope they win it for him as a send off.
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4399
    S56035 said:
    Hard one for the owners - Go back post Shankly and the boot room idea was excellent - But I believe fairly unique - Makes you wonder how much of it was 'luck' and/or right place right time - But it worked 

Hard to know who is the next potential Klopp - And to a degree you look around Europe and see who is the up and coming manager as per Klopp coming out of Dortmund - You look at what Emery has done before Villa, but failed at Arsenal - You look at what Posh nearly did at Spurs, but so far little else where 

Rangers and maybe you'd have said Stevie G was in with a shout - Post Villa and you'd say no

Either way, Klopp has become Mr LFC for a few years and the likes of Sarah have certainly enriched the whole process - The issue, IMO, with Fergie leaving Man U and Wenger leaving Arsenal, is that when they left they did not leave behind a good team for the next manager - Both sides were in need of a re-build, which is why Man U are still way behind where they need to be today and it has taken a few years for Arsenal to get back to a 'maybe' status - Who knows where it will go next for them 

Maybe for football it will be good if Pep goes soon as well - So it will become more of a level playing field for a while and maybe more exciting

Fuck off mate ;-)

I’m obviously on my own suggesting Postecoglou as he is not even on the bookies radar - Yet he is probably playing the most attractive game in the PL at the moment- LFC often like such a proactive style- He is not likely to win a major trophy at Spurs so why not go to one of the PL’s finest teams 
    Postecoglu is 14/1 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

S56035 said:

Fuck off mate ;-)

Just incase it didn't come across, the "fuck off mate" was a nod towards his Aussie language, not a comment at you.

Possibly Alonso or maybe Nagellsman if Germany have a bad Euros 
    tFB Trader
    S56035 said:
    S56035 said:

Fuck off mate ;-)

Just incase it didn't come across, the "fuck off mate" was a nod towards his Aussie language, not a comment at you.

Possibly Alonso or maybe Nagellsman if Germany have a bad Euros 
    I had not taken offence but had not read it that way either so thanks for the update 
    tFB Trader

CHRISB50 said:
    S56035 said:

Fuck off mate ;-)

Postecoglu is 14/1 
    Must have been updated as he wasn’t there earlier 
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13053
    A post-Fergie-Man-Utd collapse to mid table shitttiness for the lulz please, barkeep.

Already fed up of the nauseating "you need someone special who understands tHe lIvErPoOl wAy" nonsense. Clubs like Liverpool may love the smell of their own farts but they're not special, they're just another football club like everyone else. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7224
    A post-Fergie-Man-Utd collapse to mid table shitttiness for the lulz please, barkeep.

Already fed up of the nauseating "you need someone special who understands tHe lIvErPoOl wAy" nonsense. Clubs like Liverpool may love the smell of their own farts but they're not special, they're just another football club like everyone else. 
    Spot on mate, some news outlets making more of it than the queen dying.

Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4954
    Nah, he's doing a Fergie - change his mind and stay another 12 years  ;)

• blobbblobb Frets: 3138
    His last league game will be against us (Wolves) at Anfield. Gulp!
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7224
    Some true crazies out there. Stay safe people:

Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tony99 said:
    Some true crazies out there. Stay safe people:

Perfectly reasonable way to look at someone right? It's football after all, nothing more important than that.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13053
    Far be it for me to defend Liverpool fans but that's just some copypasta (basically a meme* in text form, for the older gentlemen among us).

*for the really old among us, a meme is an image, video, piece of text, etc., typically humorous in nature, that is copied and spread rapidly by internet users, often with slight variations. 
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 658
    I’m watching the Tractor Boys v Maidstone FA cup game live on BBC 1