The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16422
    Philly_Q said:
    Deadman said:
    @EricTheWeary not sure if you’re humouring me mate but Stone Island as in the preferred clothing labelled of the hooligan.
    Is it a sister company of River Island?  Genuine question, I have no idea.
    At the risk of massive thread diversion looking it up no, it's the popular end of Italian fashion house Moncler. Although it does sound like it should be related to River Island. 
    I realise I recognise the Stone Cross logo but the name meant nothing to me. For hip hop and football fans, neither of which I particularly fit into it. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14836
    tFB Trader
    Hard to say how good Liverpool looked last night, as I'm trying to work out how bad Chelsea were - 4 shots hit the woodwork - Missed penalty - 28 shots in total and only won 4-1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14836
    tFB Trader
    West Ham fans - Can't watch tonight as out, but will watch on Sunday v Man U - Hope KP starts and has a good game so update accordingly and good luck with both games
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28043
    If Spurs actually played to the level that they can for a whole 90mins, I think we're in for good things.

Over 90mins last night, Brentford could well have won. 

But, luckily, there were 97mins played, and for the extra 7mins in the middle, Spurs actually played.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTony said:
    If Spurs actually played to the level that they can for a whole 90mins, I think we're in for good things.

But, luckily, there were 97mins played, and for the extra 7mins in the middle, Spurs actually played.

yep.. its tense ride this angeball

in other news..... Neal Maupay is a knob with little dog syndrome
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11444
    Apparently Toney was yapping away at Vicario during the game. At the end Vicario walked over to him and asked him if he'd had a bet on 3-2.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 363
    Hard to say how good Liverpool looked last night, as I'm trying to work out how bad Chelsea were - 4 shots hit the woodwork - Missed penalty - 28 shots in total and only won 4-1
    Ampadu got out just in time  :)
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1791
    edited February 1
    C'mon Cherries - hammers are proper slow tonight... quiet over there as well. 

Edit: we could easily grab a win, whu fans were leaving early I see. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10398
    edited February 1
    C'mon Cherries - hammers are proper slow tonight... quiet over there as well. 

Edit: we could easily grab a win, whu fans were leaving early I see. 
    If you leave after the whistle it can take 35 mins to get to the station, and then you're fighting to get on a train so it can be pushing an hour on a weekday before you've even departed the station. If you leave a few mins before the end you can be on a train in 15 mins so I can't blame people when the game looks like it could end up a draw or we're losing.

I know, it's disrespectful and I have a quick exit so I rarely leave early, but the club decided to move to this stadium knowing that accessing any public transport will be difficult because of the huge bottlenecks everywhere so it's on them really. 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2864
    Bournemouth are like Brighton as WH’s bogey teams so I’ll take a mid week draw, esp when the Bmouth goal was  a bit of an odd error.  To nit play at all well and win 1-0 over 95 mins on a bad night is what we need to be doing.  So a point is ok by me

I actually saw Kalvin attacking through the middle a couple of times.  Didn’t get anywhere but that’s a good sign for the future I hope 

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12059
    edited February 2
    Bonkers game at Wolves vs Man U.  It appears Man United has gone all Spursy this season.  

Also VAR is BS, I used to like it and every week I like it less.  I really don't understand why the standard between giving a penalty and not is set differently.

Ref gives penalty - unless there is no contact, its a penalty.
    Ref gives no penalty - unless there is very clear and serious contact, its not a penalty.

VAR standard also varies from match to match.  How can the VVD on Nkunku not given when the one on Neto given?  If they don't give the one in the Liverpool game then VAR NEED to interfere and not give the one tonight.  At minimum ask the Ref to go to the monitor to take a look again.  Not stand idling by.  
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3136
    It does appear to be that a higher burden of proof is needed to overturn a decision than it needs to give it in the first place. In the early days I think we saw a lot of ref's not giving stuff, relying on var to change that if necessary. At least the ref gave it tonight. If he hadn't, the var wouldn't have changed it. Academic in the end though. That young Utd lad deserves credit tonight. his manager must be pleased / relieved. Wolves looked a bit knackered to me, now we see the small squads take a hit as the season drags out.  I thought it would be a thumping after the first half, well done Wolves for not giving up and going to bed, like I did!
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3090
    scrumhalf said:
    Apparently Toney was yapping away at Vicario during the game. At the end Vicario walked over to him and asked him if he'd had a bet on 3-2.

TTony said:

Thought we were a little unlucky not to get something out of the game…. But we switched off for the seven minutes you mention - and you can’t do that against teams like spurs as ultimately players like Maddison, Werner and Richarlison will punish you. 

TTony said:

yep.. its tense ride this angeball

in other news..... Neal Maupay is a knob with little dog syndrome
    He’s a pantomime villain - same as Maddison.  Their social media responses after the game were quite funny. 
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    edited February 2
    RobDavies said:

TTony said:

Thought we were a little unlucky not to get something out of the game…. But we switched off for the seven minutes you mention - and you can’t do that against teams like spurs as ultimately players like Maddison, Werner and Richarlison will punish you. 
    And Brennan Johnson mate. Something poetic about him scoring against you, after rejecting a move to you in the summer  

Welcome to the relegation battle btw :D 

In other news, decent-ish window for Forest. 2 loans with positions of need with young, exciting prospects which doesn't impact our (potential) FFP issues. 
    And a cheap GK replacement, since neither of the keepers we now appear to have wasted money on in the summer are good enough to play professional football. 

joneve said:
    RobDavies said:

TTony said:

And Brennan Johnson mate. Something poetic about him scoring against you, after rejecting a move to you in the summer  

In other news, decent-ish window for Forest. 2 loans with positions of need with young, exciting prospects which doesn't impact our (potential) FFP issues. 
    And a cheap GK replacement, since neither of the keepers we now appear to have wasted money on in the summer are good enough to play professional football. 

We'll send you pal Kiefer Moore to test that new goalie - so you can hate him even more ;) 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10020
    edited February 2
    Seemed a fairly cagey January window in general I think, transfer wise. My club West Brom got two young bench warmers and an old experienced championship player on loan, having got rid of a useless young bench warmer from Brighton who could only really showboat for 15 mins and then give the ball away.

More importantly though, and the equivalent of a good signing for us really, was tying one of our youngsters down to a contract (Tom Fellows) so at least when he's poached by a better club we should get more than £50 for him.

Saw that Villa paid £16m for Morgan Rogers - Man City poached him from us but ended up having to pay us about £7m for him. Let him go to Boro for £1m plus sell on fee, a year later he's a £16m player? bizarre, can't really see him being good enough to get in a very good Villa side at the moment, but I assume they've signed him because they love taking players that went through our youth setup
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    joneve said:
    RobDavies said:

TTony said:

We'll send you pal Kiefer Moore to test that new goalie - so you can hate him even more ;) 
    He’s gone to Ipswich hasn’t he? Best move of the window for Forest! 
    Yeah, loaned.