The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7218
    edited February 5
    tony99 said:
    I don't really care as I don't have a horse in the race being a fan of a tin pot club in the doldrums with very little prospect of winning anything
    Count yourself lucky, I used to follow Everton
    why 'I used to follow Everton' - Why not 'I follow Everton'   - I'm Leeds and I'm proud of it thru thick n thin and boy have we had some ups n downs - I stayed with them when we went to the 3rd tier and my daughters first match was on a shit wet night v Walsall and we lost - So no 'used to' at my end 
    Oh I don't go to games anymore. 
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14811
    tFB Trader
    tony99 said:
    tony99 said:
    I don't really care as I don't have a horse in the race being a fan of a tin pot club in the doldrums with very little prospect of winning anything
    why 'I used to follow Everton' - Why not 'I follow Everton'   - I'm Leeds and I'm proud of it thru thick n thin and boy have we had some ups n downs - I stayed with them when we went to the 3rd tier and my daughters first match was on a shit wet night v Walsall and we lost - So no 'used to' at my end 
    Oh I don't go to games anymore. 
    neither do millions of Man U fans

To be fair I can only make about 6-8 games a year - 3 hour round trip + work most Sat's (until recently) and do a few Sunday's with shows - So over the last 30 years or so it has been more mid week games for me - But still a big fan
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28007
    I just watched the Bayer Leverkeusen / Bayern Munich game (Sky stream some Bundesliga games live on YT).

3-0 to BayerL and Tommy Teuchel got stuffed tactically (which is nice to see), but that's not the point.
    • No - none at all - gamesmanship / attempts to con the ref / cheating
    • No looking for fouls, and no soft fouls given either - tackling is allowed in German football
    • No dissent or arguing with the ref over any of the decisions
    • Ref barely seen in the game
    • VAR not seen at all in the game (does VAR destroy other leagues, or is it just a UK curse)
    I've watched a few Bundesliga games this season, and my experience is consistent.  Entertaining, competitive games of football which have been good to watch for the quality of the playing rather than all the associated dramas.  
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    Fuck off Anthony Taylor. 

That is all. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12054
    tony99 said:
    I don't really care as I don't have a horse in the race being a fan of a tin pot club in the doldrums with very little prospect of winning anything :)
    Thick and thin!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    Derby County record safe for another season  :3

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    Nitefly said:

The only positive to come out of yesterday 
    tFB Trader
    joneve said:
    Nitefly said:

The only positive to come out of yesterday 
    Hopefully safe for ever and ever
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7046
    Wow, the West Ham fans are streaming off home at half time!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • What a first half. Been ruthless and taken every (if not most) all our opportunities. Well done to Saka for picking up the ball for the penalty considering what happened when he took one here last season. What a goal by Trossard. Very happy Arsenal fan here (sorry to any Hammers fans haha). But football is a game of two halves and I'm still worried about dropping leads haha.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28007
    mrkb said:
    Was this guy one of them?

David Moyes
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    This could make double figures at this rate.
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1781
    mrkb said:
    Seen this couple weeks ago as well... tough crowd 

Today's performance by WHU was probably the poorest by any team I've seen this season in PL. Resigned, totally outplayed, after 2nd goal they stopped and just watched arsenal playing football.  6-0 and should've been 8 or 9.
  • Really enjoyed that win. Nice to watch a game on TV where we haven't lost! Was ruthless and took our chances. Can't believe the amount of West Ham fans that left the stadium at HT. You could almost hear the players talking on the pitch cos it was a lot quieter, almost like when games were played during covid!!

Wasn't reassuring to see Rice limping after the final whistle, hopefully he'll be alright after a few days rest. Been a great signing and well worth the £105m.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10389
    All the gloating Arsenal fans have turned up to my office, smiling manically, nodding slowly, laughing at the pain it's causing.

What an insufferable work environment.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    All the gloating Arsenal fans have turned up to my office, smiling manically, nodding slowly, laughing at the pain it's causing.

I think you get those days and results when you just want to curl up, pull over the covers and ignore the world - Especially if they are Gunners around 

We've all been there at some time or another - Nothing you can say or do about it 

I know how you feel
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10389

I think you get those days and results when you just want to curl up, pull over the covers and ignore the world - Especially if they are Gunners around 

We've all been there at some time or another - Nothing you can say or do about it 

I know how you feel
    I just had someone I barely know call me on my work phone and say what time is the meeting, I said what meeting, they said the one about how you got battered. I said haha, they said, btw it's at 6.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7046

Could you sneak off home a half(lunch) time ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952

Well, they're still only third, and City have a game in hand...

• Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 359
    mrkb said:
    I don't see the point of leaving a game early, even if your team is losing.