The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    edited February 12
    Nitefly said:
    Derby County record safe for another season  3

Uh-oh... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68250675

Almeria?  Derby might end up only the worst in England, not the worst in Europe ...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    All the gloating Arsenal fans have turned up to my office, smiling manically, nodding slowly, laughing at the pain it's causing.

What an insufferable work environment.
    Down in the dumps and No wins in 2024? 

Don't worry, Forest have your back and will gift you a hard fought win at the weekend. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    mrkb said:
    All the gloating Arsenal fans have turned up to my office, smiling manically, nodding slowly, laughing at the pain it's causing.

Could you sneak off home a half(lunch) time ;)
    I doubt it. Not twice in two days anyway...

Vintage65 said:
    mrkb said:
    Wow, the West Ham fans are streaming off home at half time!
    I don't see the point of leaving a game early, even if your team is losing.
    Voting with your feet I think.
    joneve said:

Don't worry, Forest have your back and will gift you a hard fought win at the weekend. 
    Thanks mate. 

To be honest, it's a slight slump. We're in the top half, 8th, top of Europa group, it's not time to shit the bed is it. People are upset but we've got injuries, sold players and the board didn't recruit in January, it's not all on Moyes.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4379
    joneve said:

Thanks mate. 

To be honest, it's a slight slump. We're in the top half, 8th, top of Europa group, it's not time to shit the bed is it. People are upset but we've got injuries, sold players and the board didn't recruit in January, it's not all on Moyes.
    I watched yesterday's game round my West Ham supporting best mate's house. 

It was all rather awkward. I ended up apologising after the match finished :lol: 

I was basically saying the bold bit above to him. 

You'll be alright. Just a blip.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    joneve said:

Thanks mate. 

You'll be fine. Moyes probably not the answer long term, but Forest seem to have no desire to see out games once we've got ourselves in a position to take points. Saturday was the 6th (SIXTH!!) 3-2 defeat of the season. 

So we can create chances and put them away to keep us in games, but just throw it away with stupid mistakes. Every. Single. Week. 

Can't defend a set piece for toffee, so JWP will have a field day.

Newcastle literally had 3 clear chances on goal, and we let them score from every single one. We really need to stop the rot defensively ASAP if we're going to have any chance of staying up. 
  • LeepalLeepal Frets: 2
    Vintage65 said:
    mrkb said:
    I can understand it.  They were looking at a possible record defeat with another 45 minutes of gooners taking the piss.
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 356
    TeleMaster said:.
    Vintage65 said:
    mrkb said:
     I must be wired differently. Even if I'm watching a parks game or age group football, I always stay until the end to see who wins.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27971
    Vintage65 said:
    Vintage65 said:
    mrkb said:
     I must be wired differently. Even if I'm watching a parks game or age group football, I always stay until the end to see who wins.
    I don't think you needed to stay to the end to see who was going to win that game. ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 356
    TTony said:
    Vintage65 said:
    Vintage65 said:
    mrkb said:
    I don't think you needed to stay to the end to see who was going to win that game. ;)
    Yeah, but I'd still want to see how bad it was :)
    edited February 12
    Vintage65 said:
    TTony said:
    Vintage65 said:
    Vintage65 said:
    mrkb said:
    I don't think you needed to stay to the end to see who was going to win that game.
    Yeah, but I'd still want to see how bad it was
    Sucker for punishment then .

You also have to consider how shitty it is to get from the stadium to Stratford. If you leave just 2 mins before the end of the game the walk is 10 minutes, if you leave at the end you're stuck on the stairs, get held up by the stop/go people, and then can't get into the station while all the customers at Westfield stand above you gawping and taking pictures, and then you're fighting to get on a train. It can take 40 minutes to get on your train/tube. 

You can understand why people won't hang around at 6-0.
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1778
    Vintage65 said:
    TTony said:
    Vintage65 said:
    Vintage65 said:
    mrkb said:
    I don't think you needed to stay to the end to see who was going to win that game.
    Yeah, but I'd still want to see how bad it was
    Sucker for punishment then .

You also have to consider how shitty it is to get from the stadium to Stratford. If you leave just 2 mins before the end of the game the walk is 10 minutes, if you leave at the end you're stuck on the stairs, get held up by the stop/go people, and then can't get into the station while all the customers at Westfield stand above you gawping and taking pictures, and then you're fighting to get on a train. It can take 40 minutes to get on your train/tube. 

No you don't- those people should stay at home and watch it on telly. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27971

The ones who watched it on TV switched off at half-time.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    edited February 12
    Well I understand why people might not want to have to spend an hour walking in the rain after getting beat 6-0 even if yes, they should really stay. Anyway, people can do what they want, it's their ticket. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3964
    I like to think I'm a bit hardened to things given my age, but this brought a genuine tear to my eye:

Sven-Goran Eriksson to get his wish and be in Liverpool dugout | UK News | Sky News
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14768
    tFB Trader
    @thecolourbox - will be supporting WBA tomorrow- Also watching Leeds Rhinos first game of the season so will have to swap over a few times

But hoping Mowatt will do his old club a big favour 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10007
    edited February 15
    @thecolourbox - will be supporting WBA tomorrow- Also watching Leeds Rhinos first game of the season so will have to swap over a few times

As will I! But think most I can hope for is a well earned draw I think. We do at least now have a striker (only on loan from Bristol, and an ex Villa player so weare conflicted haha) who knows what a goal looks like though so who knows. Mowatt is decent, a hard worker and is slways available for the ball but as he's defensive he goes relatively unnoticed I think. But then alongside the majestic Okay Yokuslu, I think anybody would enjoy being in the midfield engine room!
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10007
    edited February 17

As will I! But think most I can hope for is a well earned draw I think. We do at least now have a striker (only on loan from Bristol, and an ex Villa player so weare conflicted haha) who knows what a goal looks like though so who knows. Mowatt is decent, a hard worker and is slways available for the ball but as he's defensive he goes relatively unnoticed I think. But then alongside the majestic Okay Yokuslu, I think anybody would enjoy being in the midfield engine room!
    @guitars4you sorry about that. My dad and I agreed that Southampton were really only better than us in one area of the pitch - that are being the bit inside the white touchlines 

We were atrocious and they were clinical
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    Thank fuck for that. Denied yet another penalty but 3 points nonetheless. Much needed. 

joneve said:
    Thank fuck for that. Denied yet another penalty but 3 points nonetheless. Much needed. 

:|
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom