The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    Yeah, loaned.
    No chance of him scoring on Sunday then. RESULT. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10016
    joneve said:
    Yeah, loaned.
    Not much chance of him scoring on Saturday either  =)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4640
    Double dose of spurs losing a lead today. #blessed
    joneve said:
    Yeah, loaned.
    Not much chance of him scoring on Saturday either  =)
    Well this has aged well
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14811
    edited February 4 tFB Trader
    You can't say Man U are back to their best or indeed that Ten H has nailed all the relevant issues, but they looked a better team today - Was good to see the 3 young lads celebrate, with a smile, on the advertising hoarding - A nice touch and not arrogant - Looks far better than the constant moan and sulk you expect to see from Bruno and Rashford, who appear to see wearing the shirt as a chore - Martinez and indeed Casimiro add control to the core area of the park and Mainoo looks a great find 

West Ham looked flat - Emerson might be a great name for a piano player or a racing driver, but not for a footballer who missed a sitter when it was 1-0 - Maybe not a sitter, but not to ask anything of the keeper is not good news 

And I watched hoping the other United would win 
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2395
    Glad Mainoo is English. I wish Conor Bradley was.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2395
    edited February 4
    Allison. Ha. What a shocker today. Complete howlers ... and on the biggest occasion. Well done Arsenal!

Will it be Klopps Flopps from now until he goes?
    tFB Trader
    rze99 said:
    Allison. Ha. What a shocker today. Complete howlers ... and on the biggest occasion. Well done Arsenal!

yes a result that will please both colours in Manchester
    rze99 said:

Well I hope not but considering how brilliant Gerrard was over his whole career at Liverpool and he's still known as Slippy G, you never know
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10389
    edited February 4
    West Ham looked flat - Emerson might be a great name for a piano player or a racing driver, but not for a footballer who missed a sitter when it was 1-0 - Maybe not a sitter, but not to ask anything of the keeper is not good news 
    I don't agree, mate! I think we looked good but United took their chances better and capitalised on another Kalvin Phillips mistake. Overall we attacked well, we had multiple shots on target, including a couple that could've easily gone in and looked better than we have in weeks. We're missing Paqueta so Kudus is being played out of position, Zouma looked completely immobile today which didn't help and Kalvin is still severely lacking match sharpness and we still had a higher xG (if you pay attention to that) than Utd. So I think the scoreline flatters them a bit, but fair play, they took their chances. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    rze99 said:
    Glad Mainoo is English. I wish Conor Bradley was.
    It also helps having a name that sounds close to the club you play for!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    rze99 said:

Well I hope not but considering how brilliant Gerrard was over his whole career at Liverpool and he's still known as Slippy G, you never know
    Klopp won the league, the Champions League, multiple other cups. I don't think anyone with any self respect could actually call him that. He helped give that club their dignity back. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4640
    Fair play to Arsenal today. Any team who can do that to an in form Liverpool deserve the win. What is Gomes on the pitch for??
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7218
    rze99 said:

Klopp won the league, the Champions League, multiple other cups. I don't think anyone with any self respect could actually call him that. He helped give that club their dignity back. 
    9 years at Liverpool and the money he's spent? Even if he wins a league title this year he's ultimately a failure by the standards they used to have.

And he's the last manager you'd think of when it comes to dignity; he's the biggest whinger in football.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • I don't think it was our best performance, and we had the luck of a few gifts for the goals but we'll take the win of course. 

Still not convinced we've got what it takes to challenge City for the title though.
    tFB Trader
    tony99 said:
    rze99 said:

9 years at Liverpool and the money he's spent? Even if he wins a league title this year he's ultimately a failure by the standards they used to have.

And he's the last manager you'd think of when it comes to dignity; he's the biggest whinger in football.
    I agree he can whinge and equally not give credit to other teams if he looses- But his spend is way below that of Spurs, Arsenal, Man U and City - Comparable to the spend of West Ham and only a bit above that of Villa, Everton and Newcastle  - Agree with Telemaster that his record certainly doesn’t support him as a flop 
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1257
    tony99 said:
    rze99 said:

I agree he can whinge and equally not give credit to other teams if he looses- But his spend is way below that of Spurs, Arsenal, Man U and City - Comparable to the spend of West Ham and only a bit above that of Villa, Everton and Newcastle  - Agree with Telemaster that his record certainly doesn’t support him as a flop 
    I'd leave it there.  Tony is a known Liverpool hater.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    S56035 said:
    tony99 said:
    rze99 said:

I'd leave it there.  Tony is a known Liverpool hater.
    Appreciate the comment and know I'm on dangerous ground there, but whilst I've had the odd tiff with him over football, by and large I think we don't do bad between us  
    edited February 4
    tony99 said:

I said he gave their club their dignity back, which I meant by winning and playing well. I never commented on his behaviour or his dignity, this is about the club.

Considering that he had to rebuild the team for a couple of years they then went on to win a Champions League, the FA Cup, League Cup, World Club Cup, Super Cup and the Prem after how many years, just writing it out makes you realise how much he's won and how ridiculous it would be to call Klopp a flop.

In the last 9 years Liverpool are 5th in the Premier League spending table and have dropped to 6th in the last 5 years overall. In the 8 years he's been at Liverpool relatively speaking, they've spent very little in comparison to the other clubs and have won as much or more than all of the teams above them in spending (except City). 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/einnahmenausgaben/wettbewerb/GB1/plus/0?ids=a&sa=&saison_id=2018&saison_id_bis=2023&nat=&pos=&altersklasse=&w_s=&leihe=&intern=0 ;

They're still top in February, one of the best teams in England and are still competing with City who spend money like anything. That's giving a club their dignity back, without a doubt. 

He's no flop. Not even close. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7218
    tony99 said:

I said he gave their club their dignity back, which I meant by winning and playing well. I never commented on his behaviour or his dignity, this is about the club.

Considering that he had to rebuild the team for a couple of years they then went on to win a Champions League, the FA Cup, League Cup, World Club Cup, Super Cup and the Prem after how many years, just writing it out makes you realise how much he's won and how ridiculous it would be to call Klopp a flop.

In the last 9 years Liverpool are 5th in the Premier League spending table and have dropped to 6th in the last 5 years overall. In the 8 years he's been at Liverpool relatively speaking, they've spent very little in comparison to the other clubs and have won as much or more than all of the teams above them in spending (except City). 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/einnahmenausgaben/wettbewerb/GB1/plus/0?ids=a&sa=&saison_id=2018&saison_id_bis=2023&nat=&pos=&altersklasse=&w_s=&leihe=&intern=0 ;

They're still top in February, one of the best teams in England and are still competing with City who spend money like anything. That's giving a club their dignity back, without a doubt. 

He's no flop. Not even close. 
    I've told you before, if you only look at transfer fees then you only get half the story. Take account of all the facts: wages, agent's fees. Given the amount of if finances Klopp's had at his disposal he should have won way more.

There's no shame in it though, he had a good crack at it. But ultimately history will show him as a distant second to Guardiola during this prem era.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!